Since the August 1st Update have you spent more or less time racing online?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ghoa$t
  • 61 comments
  • 3,212 views

how do you rate your online activity since the update?

  • Yes, I have been racing online a lot more since the update

    Votes: 19 17.6%
  • I spend about the same amount of time racing online as i did pre-update

    Votes: 32 29.6%
  • No, I have not been racing online as much since the update

    Votes: 57 52.8%

  • Total voters
    108
Messages
785
Messages
Tha-Ghoast
Messages
huh?
From my observations it seems there is a lot less fast and clean competition outside of GTP'ers are in online races. I've also noticed that some GTP'ers (NTSC) spend a lot les time online now. So how many of you race more or less online since the update?

EDIT: I'm also hearing GTP'ers complain about the game being boring. Whats your take on this?
 
Last edited:
From my observations it seems there is a lot less fast and clean competition outside of GTP'ers are in online races. I've also noticed that some GTP'ers (NTSC) spend a lot les time online now. So how many of you race more or less online since the update?

Less. Signifigantly less.

Edit: Madden 09 is out in Canada tommorow. Online time will be down to almost nil.
 
Last edited:
Don't spend as much time on GT5p now - punters are still getting away with murder. Sort the penaltys out PD.
 
About the same amount of time, an occasional couple races every week.
 
Yes I have but it's not because of the update, it's just that I've just learned to drive on professional so it's more fun racing online now..
 
About the same time pre as after the update.
Still like to race online, even with a 90% punters grid.
Even bought me an extra clio V6 just for Suzuka.
And thats punters heaven.

Grtz

Bryan
 
Don't spend as much time on GT5p now - punters are still getting away with murder. Sort the penaltys out PD.
Yup... tried out online after the update (following a long pre-update break) and, though there's some positives, it's still a mess. I'll be back again after the Fall update. :)
 
since august the first probably all together i have spent less time, but now i am spending about as much time as i did when suzy 600 was there.
 
Slightly less than I originally bought the game a month ago :indiff:
 
Yup... tried out online after the update (following a long pre-update break) and, though there's some positives, it's still a mess. I'll be back again after the Fall update. :)

There are some good elements to the update, but the guy whos resposible for the penalty physics should of been offed a long time ago. *end of rant*
 
I've spent the same amount of time online, usually at Fuji.

Lots of punters, but occasionally, I can get a good race in.
 
ive only played it once or twice since the update!!!!!were as before i was online pretty much every other day.probabley the least ive played it scince it first came out over here.👎
 
Im not goint to bother anymore... you'll see me online after the next update that will fix this and will include either a kick option or private lobbies.
 
I have spent less time because first, The removal of powershifting on the g25 really sucks and second I don't really like FUJI.
 
Less for me. The event selection is very poor this cycle.
 
I've spent the same amount of time online, usually at Fuji.

Lots of punters, but occasionally, I can get a good race in.

that about sums it up for me too
 
Don't spend as much time on GT5p now - punters are still getting away with murder. Sort the penaltys out PD.

+1 👍 The penalty system really sucks for we few racers who want a clean race and at least a chance of winning cleanly, or winning at all.
 
atleast 25hrs a week average before the update and now its been about 8 days since I raced online. I miss Suzuka Mwaa
 
Yes I have but it's not because of the update, it's just that I've just learned to drive on professional so it's more fun racing online now..

No offense but a lot people have just "learned to drive" with Pro Physics with the update that's why I vote less. :sly:
 
i still enjoi playing online, just these punters make me angry. and yeah i find the GTPers to be alot less agreesive these these other fools. we are here to race not to play smash up.
 
I got pounded last night and tonight......I still laugh it off ...but I miss great racing....not the wins ...it is the close racing........tedsleds

I have been racing same amount ...not because of the update...miss the F2007 races....or I would be on much more
 
Last edited:
i think i havent picked up the game since like 2 days after the update. the online has to be fixed and i need at couple more tracks to entertain me more(nurburgring and trial mountain would be enough :) )
from now on im playing MGS4 only
 
I got pounded last night and tonight......I still laugh it off ...but I miss great racing....not the wins ...it is the close racing........tedsleds

hey ted, come onto Daytona Speedway...
 
Less - frustratingly less. Fuji is a mess with punters galore and 5 cars occupying the same space, though I win or place second there more often than not. Daytona is better about punting though they still exist (tougher because the cars get spread so much). At Suzuka you can drive on and off the track and even through the sand without significant time loss (I saw one guy go off track 4 times in one lap and still keep up with the lead pack). These days, I spend much of my time at the HSR in a GT-R, Ferrari, or Corvette with a group of friends that really know how to race clean and competitively and the punters are, at least a little, penalized for hitting the fences and one another. However, there are still those turkeys that insist on riding the rails (all the way round turn 3 and the last turn) and they get away with it because the penalty starts on first contact with the rail, then times out just about the time they are cooming out of the curve. Penalty should hold then start counting down after the car gets off the fence - then it becomes a real penalty. When I get frustrated, I just go play a little NASCAR 2009 where you get black flagged for rough play.
 
Less, but it's not because of the physics/sound update, but because of the crappy online events. Give us some fresh events and you'll find me back online again! Oh yeah, I also bought MGS4, so that's taking up some of my precious gaming time. ;)
 
Less, but it's not because of the physics/sound update, but because of the crappy online events. Give us some fresh events and you'll find me back online again! Oh yeah, I also bought MGS4, so that's taking up some of my precious gaming time. ;)

yup, the online events are a bit below par, plus TT events with super cars on S2 tyers pffft. If I want to go ice skating, then i'll go to my local ice rink, not drain away 4 hours of my day chasing a ghost around a track.
 
I can't be bothered racing online since the update. PD's choice of pro events is a real stinker (purely my own opinion).

Bring back Suzuka 600 with S2 tyres that combo was pure bliss.👍

Oh yes and I am concentrating all my efforts to the GTP F430 Event.:)
 
Back