Since the August 1st Update have you spent more or less time racing online?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ghoa$t
  • 61 comments
  • 3,213 views

how do you rate your online activity since the update?

  • Yes, I have been racing online a lot more since the update

    Votes: 19 17.6%
  • I spend about the same amount of time racing online as i did pre-update

    Votes: 32 29.6%
  • No, I have not been racing online as much since the update

    Votes: 57 52.8%

  • Total voters
    108
I don't play online anymore since the last update either as there is nothing that interests me and every event available at the moment seems to be a punt fest, I do miss racing at Suzuka and Daytona Road as the battles were awesome and 80% of the time with good quality drivers! but the last update served up nothing more than a pile of crap in the way of race meets 👎

I'll be back online when they give us some decent events back, and I hope PD notice the garbage they gave us with the last update went down like the Titanic! hopefully in future they will be more considerate to the preference of the majority instead of just throwing out any old event :grumpy: I mean who chose that load of kak .. a 5 year old?

:p
 
Suzuka 600 s2 back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now!!!!
 
I don't play online anymore since the last update either as there is nothing that interests me and every event available at the moment seems to be a punt fest, I do miss racing at Suzuka and Daytona Road as the battles were awesome and 80% of the time with good quality drivers! but the last update served up nothing more than a pile of crap in the way of race meets 👎

I'll be back online when they give us some decent events back, and I hope PD notice the garbage they gave us with the last update went down like the Titanic! hopefully in future they will be more considerate to the preference of the majority instead of just throwing out any old event :grumpy: I mean who chose that load of kak .. a 5 year old?

:p

I couldn't of worded it better. It went down like a lead zeppelin. The Autumn update better put some real life into GT5p.
 
Indeed, bring back Daytona Road! And I would like some Eiger, RWD only. ;)
 
Right after the update I tried Fuji and that just wasn't fun at all, punting was just insane and the dominant cars on that event were ones that I really didn't enjoy driving.... GTR may as well have an autopilot function. So, I spent a few days doing TT's at suzuka, but eventually I tried the HSR event and surprisingly found it very very enjoyable indeed, which is a surprise considering I loathed HSR for years and years up until now.

bring back Suzuka! :D
 
Right after the update I tried Fuji and that just wasn't fun at all, punting was just insane and the dominant cars on that event were ones that I really didn't enjoy driving.... GTR may as well have an autopilot function. So, I spent a few days doing TT's at suzuka, but eventually I tried the HSR event and surprisingly found it very very enjoyable indeed, which is a surprise considering I loathed HSR for years and years up until now.

bring back Suzuka! :D

Heh! I feel the same way about HSR. It was the noob track in GT1 and I can remember back to when I could only manage that and I hated all the other 'bendy' tracks cos I couldn't work them.

Eventually I kinda graduated beyond HSR (that's how it felt) and, ever since, I've never really liked it much - it's kinda like all the boredom of an oval but with corners, if that makes any kind of sense.

If you reckon it's worth a look I might give it a try tho. Since Fuji is more like an abattoir than a racetrack. Does it come in 750pp flavour?
 
Less, much much less (almost none), track and car combo's are not my cup of tea this time around.
 
Heh! I feel the same way about HSR. It was the noob track in GT1 and I can remember back to when I could only manage that and I hated all the other 'bendy' tracks cos I couldn't work them.

Eventually I kinda graduated beyond HSR (that's how it felt) and, ever since, I've never really liked it much - it's kinda like all the boredom of an oval but with corners, if that makes any kind of sense.

If you reckon it's worth a look I might give it a try tho. Since Fuji is more like an abattoir than a racetrack. Does it come in 750pp flavour?

Hi penta,

Give it a crack mate, theres a bunch of us racing there in the evenings and some of the battles have been... well... amazing. The cars cant be tuned, but that doesn't really cause an issue because all the cars are equal and that puts nobody at a clear advantage.

hope to catch you on track later man
 
Hi penta,

Give it a crack mate, theres a bunch of us racing there in the evenings and some of the battles have been... well... amazing. The cars cant be tuned, but that doesn't really cause an issue because all the cars are equal and that puts nobody at a clear advantage.

hope to catch you on track later man

Okay you got yourself a date :D I'll be on tonight from about 6:30/7:00 ish. GMT.

The cars can't be tuned? Is this the F430/GT-R/Z06 event?
 
yes mate, cya on track... hopefully behind me :D
 
It's my god given right to be at the front.

You wouldn't want to argue with God now, would you?
 
well, lets get something straight... which one of you did I sell my soul to?
 
Haven't been on-line anywhere near as much since the loss of Suzuka 600PP on S2's, though I did run a bit of the World Event (F430/GTR).

Current tracks/cars just don't appeal.
 
I like the High speed ring, great fun, slipstreaming really brings something extra to racing...

but that's the only thing I like about online currently.
 
Other games mostly, Trophy patch for uncharted, pixeljunk eden and Ferrari Challenge being the main culprits...but yeah, like many of you guys, the lack of decent tracks/car/tire combinations are the biggest problem at the moment. I've loaded it up a few times only to quit a short time later due to the lack of anything interesting to race online...Daytona Road/Suzuka 600pp S2 or less plz!! Hopefully this thursday fingers crossed
 
Same as loin-face in regards to other titles,but when I do play I tend to do TT's and trying to drift,also I really can't be bothered tuning my cars at the moment so that's another reason why.
 
I'm playing the GTR-F430-Vette event all the time 👍
 
We have had this conversation before DK. I am done with this game.
 
Less. Although I like a lot of things that they did in the update, the races are not as fun. Fuji and HSR are not as interesting as Suzuka and Daytona Road.
Besides, the Olympics are on... :)
 
I've also been playing a little less since the update. It's not because I have a problem with the new physics or the sounds or GTTV; I'm playing less because there's no variety of tracks, and there aren't any more organized events.

Prologue is getting boring because it's getting stale. It's been four months since the North American release/Spec II update, and it's hard to play a demo for that long without getting bored with it.

The twelve tracks that we have are beautifully and accurately rendered, but the fact is that there are really only seven of them. Eiger, London, and HSR have "forward" and "reverse" layouts. Suzuka East is just the esses without the western end, and Fuji GT has one turn instead of the chicane at Dunlop. Daytona is really the only track with two completely different layouts; everything else is the same.

If that wasn't bad enough, there are practically never any online races on the Eiger or London tracks on professional physics, and Daytona Road only surfaces every once in a while. Fuji GT and Suzuka East have never been available at all (as far as I've noticed). Many complain about how London isn't a "real" track, but it would be nice to at least have the option of racing on it. A little choice never hurts.

Also, since the NTSC tournament has ended, there's been practically no organized competition between GTPers. We used to have the Ferrari and Nissan festivals, the offline endurance competition, but except for the Touge competition, there's nothing. I had lots of fun racing against 6 or 8 highly-competitive, highly-skilled members for points, but since that tournament has finished, there's almost no race coordination. Sure, some of us will get together in the chat and have a friendly race, but there's usually no more than 3 or 4 of us along with 10 punters. It's simply not as fun anymore.

This is why I'm racing less and less online. The punters don't help, but I can deal with them. There is just no variety; we're forced to run boring 3 lap races around Suzuka or Fuji and 5 lap ones around HSR and Daytona Speedway, and there's no more organized competition, which really added to the fun of the online mode. Until either of these things change, there'll still be that lack of variety and competition, and there's nothing we can do about it except turn the game off and walk away.

I like the new physics and sounds, but I would have much preferred a new track just to break the monotony. There have been videos shown of La Sarthe and the Nürburgring, but they still look mostly like they're just the GT4 versions, which probably means we won't be seeing them anytime soon. Until Polyphony gives us some new circuits to race around, or unless someone starts up a tournament, I just can't find the motivation to play anymore.
 
^You know, that makes me feel like organising a new event then, if people are interested in one.
Unfortunately, its pretty much limited to the choice of a Daytona Oval competition (which doesnt seem to be popular, but I would gladly organise one) or a Fuji competition, which although a popular track, never the best for all-round racing (for various reasons).
Technically, there are already organised competitions for HSR F430/GT-R/Corvette with just the simple "join every ten minutes" meetings, theres not much else to organise there.
 
Someone should start a new TT since the WATA has stopped.
 
^You know, that makes me feel like organising a new event then, if people are interested in one.
Unfortunately, its pretty much limited to the choice of a Daytona Oval competition (which doesnt seem to be popular, but I would gladly organise one) or a Fuji competition, which although a popular track, never the best for all-round racing (for various reasons).
Technically, there are already organised competitions for HSR F430/GT-R/Corvette with just the simple "join every ten minutes" meetings, theres not much else to organise there.

I think this is why there aren't any new competitions. Until Polyphony cut down on the number of online races, there were plenty of tracks to hold races on. Now, though, there is so little choice that no one is interested making or participating in new tournaments.

If you want to try to set one up, go for it. I'd love some competition from a bunch of other GTPers. Hopefully enough people would be interested to make it a good event.
 
I've just realised something - since the last update the Ford GT totally rocks on Fuji against everything except the R35 (which I don't count since nothing else can compete with it)

This puts me firmly in my element since, until PD see fit to give us the GT40, it's my favourite car in the whole game.

Problem is they're going to do another update :nervous: and I'll bet my bum they'll kill it :grumpy:

Expect much moaning and grumbling from me when it happens ...
 
More.. But not that many events though..
 
I think that I'm spending less time in the WE and more time in the F430 GT-R Z06 with people from my friends list. As to the boring part, I would have to say no as I have been trying new cars and working on setups.
 
They should have made it an F430/Z06 competition on N1 tires in london. Now that would be a fun race.
 
Back