Site REALLY Slow

• Thread starter Robben
  • 24 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Pages taking ages to open, even hovering over Alerts takes 15-20 seconds for the mini-menu to open.

upload_2018-3-1_12-11-28.png

Edit: just the forums. Main site is fine.

Last edited:
We had some issues earlier this week which could have been exaggerated by the big rush of traffic from the 1.13 update, but everything seems to be OK now.

We had some issues earlier this week which could have been exaggerated by the big rush of traffic from the 1.13 update, but everything seems to be OK now.
Must just be me then :confused: still painfully slow this morning... even the smiley menu takes ages to open.

Yep the site is borderline unusable BUT ONLY when logged in. The main pages load up instantly, forums take 10-20secondss to open
Please fix it. On mobile it's unusable since clicking on anything results in a 10-second load.
100 MBPS download ( 92 MBPS today) Located in southern California ( I'm sure IT has my exact data) . I reported this yesterday or the day before.

This big rush of traffic . . .
No respect for the poor regulars in here. :irked:

What type of device?

I don't see any problems on my iPhone.

What type of device?

I don't see any problems on my iPhone.
Android . It works when I set it to desktop mode. If it's not set to desktop mode, I can't click the number tabs.
It's already 100% better though, the site loads up like it always did. Thanks!

Chrome on PC; the page refused to post my replies to threads and I had to wait a little more and then try it again and hope for better luck. Threads with lots of images load really slow and sometimes almost no image is loaded at all.
Other pages like Faceballs run fine and so does the main page

EDIT: Just after typing this the page got a lot faster but images still load slow sometimes now :confused:

EDIT²: The page doesn't let me edit posts from the PC, they just load and load and load but nothing happens. Works fine from the phone

Last edited:
Android . It works when I set it to desktop mode. If it's not set to desktop mode, I can't click the number tabs.
It's already 100% better though, the site loads up like it always did. Thanks!
I'm not sure what "desktop mode" does on your device — it shouldn't make a difference, as we have a universal, responsive layout that works on all device types — and I've never had any reports of issues with the page numbers before.

Works fine from the phone
There are no issues with the infrastructure at the moment; it's very, very fast for me.

If it's only fast on your phone, perhaps your ISP is experiencing some issues connecting to our server.

Can I use this thread to ask if there is something wrong with GTP or if it could be an internet problem?

GTP is very slow, since yesterday. It comes and goes. Sometimes everything is back to normal and sometimes GTP is so slow, that even a 2cv is faster.

Other internet sites/youtube don't have this problem.

Can I use this thread to ask if there is something wrong with GTP or if it could be an internet problem?
You should check your Internet connection. There's been no problems with the site; it's running at full speed.

Probably not the internet connection. I don't have the same loading problems on other forums e.g. Assetto Corsa forum.

Yes, but the AC forums' server is located in Milan, Italy, and GTPlanet's server is just outside New York City, so the data runs through an entirely different path to reach you. Your ISP might have some peering or routing issues that slows down your access to our data center; that's usually the problem when a specific person or a group of people in a certain location have problems accessing the site.

One way to test this is by running a ping test or a traceroute.

Strange, GTP is fast again (thread with screenshots/pics ect ...) .

Knock, knock on wood.

I get this intermittently from time to time. The main page especially, sometimes will load without any of the pictures. All other sites load fine. Oddly, I can speed it up by using a VPN/proxy. I'm not sure if my ISP is throttling the site or what.

I get this intermittently from time to time. The main page especially, sometimes will load without any of the pictures. All other sites load fine. Oddly, I can speed it up by using a VPN/proxy. I'm not sure if my ISP is throttling the site or what.
Are you using Chrome?

I've seen this occur myself over the past week or so (on Chrome/Mac), and @SlipZtrEm reported it as well. Oddly, it seems to run just fine in other browsers simultaneously while the issue is going on, then it disappears as quickly as it started...

Are you using Chrome?

I've seen this occur myself over the past week or so (on Chrome/Mac), and @SlipZtrEm reported it as well. Oddly, it seems to run just fine in other browsers simultaneously while the issue is going on, then it disappears as quickly as it started...

No, I'm using Firefox on W10.

The weird thing is the VPN/proxy speed up method I described. The problem usually fixes itself in a few hours, but it's still annoying. GTPlanet has always been my benchmark for how fast a site loads so at first I thought it's a problem with my connection, but it has happened a few times in the past few months and it's the only site that's affected. This week everything has been plain sailing though.

OK, thanks for the info, that's good to know.

My initial thought is there's some kind of routing issue or automatic packet-shaping that might be causing intermittent bandwidth throttling. As I've seen, there's nothing wrong with the server at the time — it's literally the network speed that is causing the issue. I will have to do more investigation into the issue.

Back