sixtoes : an automotive fine art gallery : returning soon!

• Thread starter sixtoes
  • 276 comments
From your trading thread, I have a Toyota 7 I could trade you for the Chap 2J. I'm happy to just lend you the Toyota too if you don't want to trade.

Main purpose of posting though. Would you like to borrow a Chrome Sambabus for a few days to picture? I'm normally someone who hates the chrome paint, but for this vehicle, it fits, and its a paint job it would be likely to receive in the real world. With your expertise it could really shine. If you aren't in to that kind of thing though, I understand :)

Holy cow, I have spent most of the day surfing through these galleries, some good some so-so, but your shots have stopped me in my tracks. Simply astonishing work; it's quite clear you are a photographer in real life. Love the composites, and all the HDR work. These are the type of shots I'd like to be able to do, but I have neither the time or patience to be able to, so carry on the good work so I can carry on drooling!

Thanks, boozybloke - I'll take a track-stopper and a holy cow any day! :cheers: I'm often short on both time and patience myself, which is why I've come up with the excuse - uh, I mean philosophy - of quality over quantity. :D I'm glad you've enjoyed the gallery, and I hope you'll keep coming back!

Awesome pictures, Sixtoes! The third SLS is my fav, the reflections and the composition are very well done. 👍

Thanks, Sej - that's my favorite of the SLS series as well... something about that angle just brings out the best lines of the SLS.

From your trading thread, I have a Toyota 7 I could trade you for the Chap 2J. I'm happy to just lend you the Toyota too if you don't want to trade.

Main purpose of posting though. Would you like to borrow a Chrome Sambabus for a few days to picture? I'm normally someone who hates the chrome paint, but for this vehicle, it fits, and its a paint job it would be likely to receive in the real world. With your expertise it could really shine. If you aren't in to that kind of thing though, I understand :)

I've not followed up with my PMs yet (I've been gone from both PC and PS3 for the last day-and-a-half), but I think my 2J is spoken for (for an XJ-13, if my notes are correct). But I'd be most grateful for a loaner for photoshoot purposes! :) It's a standard model (sadly), so I'll have to stick to wider-angled action shots, but I think I can get some good ones nonetheless. Feel free to friend me and send it on over!

Same thing with the Sambabus - though I must admit I've not yet shot a chrome vehicle... I'm not 100% certain I'll come up with the ideal images - chrome's a bit gimmicky - but I think you're right about it sort of 'fitting' the Sambabus, so I'd be happy to give it a shot!

Because I've been away from GT5 and GTP for the last couple of days due to the holiday, I don't have a full posting tonight... I've got a few projects in the works, though, and will definitely be updating tomorrow. In the meantime, here's another HDR composite that I put together a couple of weeks ago - Nissan fans should enjoy...

I'm not a fan of Nissan, but i like it a lot

Thanks, SNEJKi - I always try to have a theme of some sort to my composites, and I'm already working on my next one. Should have some more images up tomorrow or Monday, folks!

I'll add you in a bit six. Want to try and get the Historic cup won on my Bob with the Toyota 7 before sending it, so I'll probably send you the bus first and work on getting that race won asap.

I'll add you in a bit six. Want to try and get the Historic cup won on my Bob with the Toyota 7 before sending it, so I'll probably send you the bus first and work on getting that race won asap.

No rush, friend - I've got two or three shoots that I'm still working on, so tomorrow or Tuesday will work just fine. :) Oh, and good luck with Bob - you'll need it!! :dopey:

You have some lovely work in here! I really like the multi car pics. Thats something I loved to dabble in while playing GT4. I have yet to try it in GT5. The SLS set is fantastic as well. Love the lighting. Definitely going to keep checking this gallery out 👍

You have some lovely work in here! I really like the multi car pics. Thats something I loved to dabble in while playing GT4. I have yet to try it in GT5. The SLS set is fantastic as well. Love the lighting. Definitely going to keep checking this gallery out 👍

Thanks, Legend! I've got a few more composites in mind, and am hoping to get one finished in the next couple of days. Glad to have another subscriber... 👍

Thanks, Legend! I've got a few more composites in mind, and am hoping to get one finished in the next couple of days. Glad to have another subscriber... 👍
Well with works and passion like this. It's hard not to stop by. Looking forward to the next update 👍

I've been popping in and out for a few days now, as so much of your work is so appealing. I'm a sucker for the blue Nissan offers on the Z, and HDR just kicks it up to a whole 'nother level. Even more impressive; you have me really wanting to own the Cali, something I didn't think possible. The blue is just perfect for it. The Alfa looks great, the SLS too... everything, really.

I have this feeling I've already seen something similar from you, but I can't find it, so I'll ask: have you considered writing up a tutorial for HDR for the community? You obviously are knowledgeable on the subject, and it's always good to see someone posting a fair bit of text in their galleries to give us a bit more info about both their subjects and themselves. A tutorial would really be an awesome addition to the community, and I could add it into the FAQ and Tutorial Depot sticky in the main sub-forum. If you want, of course!

Either way, keep up the stellar work! :cheers:

I've been popping in and out for a few days now, as so much of your work is so appealing. I'm a sucker for the blue Nissan offers on the Z, and HDR just kicks it up to a whole 'nother level. Even more impressive; you have me really wanting to own the Cali, something I didn't think possible. The blue is just perfect for it. The Alfa looks great, the SLS too... everything, really.

I have this feeling I've already seen something similar from you, but I can't find it, so I'll ask: have you considered writing up a tutorial for HDR for the community? You obviously are knowledgeable on the subject, and it's always good to see someone posting a fair bit of text in their galleries to give us a bit more info about both their subjects and themselves. A tutorial would really be an awesome addition to the community, and I could add it into the FAQ and Tutorial Depot sticky in the main sub-forum. If you want, of course!

Either way, keep up the stellar work! :cheers:

Thanks for stopping by, Slip - always good to hear from a Super Mod! :nervous: And thanks for the kind words, as well. The Cali looks good in, what else, California Blue! (At least, that's what my fading memory tells me it was.) I'll take it as a compliment that you're having a tough time picking a favorite between the Z, Cali, Alfa and SLS. :cool:

As for an HDR tutorial, Gerseph had suggested it back in a marketplace thread I'd started last week, and I'd also mentioned it earlier in this thread (#36), so it's clear nothing slips by you. Pun painfully intended.

Thanks to the holidays, I haven't quite had the time to pull one together yet (I need to use screen grabs from Photomatix and Photoshop), but I'm definitely planning on doing it. I'd be more than happy to contribute it to the Tutorial Depot and will let you know when I've got it ready to go!

Thanks, kweiss. I just hope the quality over quantity approach doesn't keep dropping me off the first page! :grumpy:

I've got one more HDR composite to post later, and I'm working on a few shots from today - not sure if any will live up to my standards, but we shall see... :banghead:
For this reason, your thread is the first I have ever subscribed to on these forums.

Thanks for the shots and keep up the great work.

For this reason, your thread is the first I have ever subscribed to on these forums.

Thanks for the shots and keep up the great work.

:bowdown: I'll do my best to live up to the expectations!

That Nissan pic is awesome. Been a fan of it for many years.

Hope you mean you've been a fan of Nissan for many years; 'cause if you've been a fan of my Nissan pic, I must have been caught in a timewarp! :crazy: Glad you liked it - and thanks! :)

If u want to shoot and Enzo (if you don't already have one) let me know. :)

Thanks, Tiddle - oh, how I wish I'd heard from you last week on this! I just spent the money to buy myself the beee-ooo-ti-ful Ferrari Enzo in-game... :ill: Ah well - I certainly thank you for the offer!

As many of you have noticed, I take requests for commissioned artwork. Shortly after I included that notice in my signature, General Red generously loaned me his gorgeous Pagani Zonda R for a photoshoot. (Yes, that's right - he got it back.)

Of course, I've given it the full sixtoes treatment -- :rolleyes: -- and will be posting a full series of images shortly. For now, though, a brief teaser to build your anticipation...

Mate I'm so excited for these shots, this teaser building it all the more so! Glad to have been able to contribute!

Thanks, General! They're finally coming... :D

SVX
Awesome gallery! Preview looks amazing, too.

Appreciate the comments and the visit, SVX - hope you like the rest of the Zonda... coming up next.

At long last, I've finally completed work on the photos from the Zonda shoot. As I mentioned before, General Red was kind enough to loan me his Zonda R for a photoshoot and the project is complete. First up, the shots from Photo Travel mode... enjoy!

Many people don't like HDR applied to images, but in my opinion the second large image (post #83) of this set proves how much realism you can add to this game's images just by applying a soft touch of HDR. Looks fantastic!

Very nice shots sixtoes. I love the second big shot in post one, the angle and way the reflection is cast on the side of the Zonda is pretty much perfect and the HDR worked best on that shot to me.

Also love the second big one on the Nurburgring set. The symetry and intentsity is great. Almost looks like a really detailed painting or something.

But they are all great. 👍 👍

Latest Posts

Back