Skoda Discussion

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 19 comments
Same can be said about Hyundai.

Don't know why Skoda isn't in some of the bigger markets. Plenty out here. Quality, at lower than VW prices. Plus, they're slightly different enough than the competiton and look upmarket.

https://www.motoring.com.au/next-skoda-fabia-teased-for-the-first-time-128515/

2021-skoda-fabia-ii.jpg

skoda-fabia-004-xcuo-j9ks.jpg

skoda-fabia-008-xdeo.jpg

Skoda should make a homologated WRC rally car such as the GR Yaris.

Last edited:
I would be happy if the Vision RS made it into production
DSC_5272-1440x960.jpg

Now that we are entering the twilight years of pure ICE-powered vehicles, now would be a good time for Skoda to release some limited-run performance specials to celebrate its motorsport division.

I would be happy if the Vision RS made it into production
DSC_5272-1440x960.jpg

Now that we are entering the twilight years of pure ICE-powered vehicles, now would be a good time for Skoda to release some limited-run performance specials to celebrate its motorsport division.
Nice.

FWD probably?

Nice.

FWD probably?

Yep - The concept had a 242hp Plug-in hybrid setup sending all power to the front wheels, virtually identical setup to the one found in the Skoda Octavia vRS iV.

It would also be nice to see a performance variant of the Scala too (although one sort of exists in Germany)

Skoda adds Sportline trim to the Enyaq lineup:
2021-skoda-enyaq-sportline-iv-8.jpg

2021-skoda-enyaq-sportline-iv-17.jpg

2021-skoda-enyaq-sportline-iv-18.jpg

2021-skoda-enyaq-sportline-iv-13.jpg

Interesting it still has a big grille without the need for ventilating an internal combustion engine. I imagine the area for grilles will be re-purposed for sensors, like what BMW is doing with their i models.

Plus the centre partician is not needed for cup holders. The centre controls could easily be attached to the driver's seat.

Skoda adds Sportline trim to the Enyaq lineup:
2021-skoda-enyaq-sportline-iv-8.jpg

2021-skoda-enyaq-sportline-iv-17.jpg

2021-skoda-enyaq-sportline-iv-18.jpg

2021-skoda-enyaq-sportline-iv-13.jpg

Interesting it still has a big grille without the need for ventilating an internal combustion engine. I imagine the area for grilles will be re-purposed for sensors, like what BMW is doing with their i models.
Notice how this thing actually looks like a Skoda? W A V Y. I don't doubt that Volkswagen's sister brands are going to sell more EVs then VW simply because the VW version looks like a Chinese knockoff of an EV.

New Skoda Fabia revealed:
2021-Skoda-Fabia-27.jpg

2021-Skoda-Fabia-28.jpg

2021-Skoda-Fabia-5.jpg

Appears to have much better proportions than the outgoing model, but then it is bigger than before. A lot bigger. Just to put its new length (4,108mm) into perspective, this new supermini is just 40mm shorter than a Golf Mk4. :eek:

All I can hear, is Ace Ventura saying, “Yaaaaaaak!… Yaaaaaaak!”

Seeing as this thread hasn't been updated for a while, the Fastest (295hp) and most expensive (starts at £52k) Skoda was revealed a few days ago, the Enyaq Coupe iV RS:
2022-Skoda-Enyaq-Coupe-iV-vRS-7_2.jpg

Skoda-Enyaq-iV-vRS-UK-2.jpg

And the hottest variant of the Fabia, the Monte Carlo, has made its debut today with up to 150hp:
2022-Skoda-Fabia-Monte-Carlo-5.jpg

2022-Skoda-Fabia-Monte-Carlo-6.jpg

2022-Skoda-Fabia-Monte-Carlo-15.jpg

Are all SUEVs going to start looking like Ford Probes?
Not sure how you're seeing a Ford Probe lol but yes basically every single EV that isn't full-size is going to look like an egg. Kammback is the only way to make them small and low drag. Think Prius.

Something is amiss with this if it's going to be a VGT entry (VGT-related discourse aside), considering there's no announcement or statement from GT's social media, nor there's GT branding within it.

Back