Skoda Octavia (Typ 1U) vRS 2000

• Thread starter sirjim73
  • 10 comments
England
Reading
cutback73
cutback73
First generation (Typ 1U; 1996–2011)

The first generation Octavia was released in November 1996 and was built at the modernized Škoda factory in Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic.[2]

In the United Kingdom, sales began in 1998 and the mid-size car was an instant success with buyers who appreciated its solidity, refinement and value for money, though it could not quite match the success of established large family car favourites such as the Ford Mondeo and Vauxhall Vectra.[4] The car was widely used in the UK taxi trade, owing to the large number of private hire drivers who used the vehicle due to its low price [and advantageous leasing agreements directed at the self-employed taxi driver], space and reliability.[citation needed]

The first generation Octavia had a facelift in 2000,[5] and was still manufactured and marketed in some markets, even after the second generation was introduced in 2004. In Germany, and other parts of West Europe, as well as Asia, the first generation model was marketed as the Octavia Tour, while the newer model is marketed as the Octavia. In some markets, the first generation Octavia was still known as Octavia, and the newer model was referred to as the new Octavia, Octavia5 (Greece) or Laura (India).

The major improvements of the facelifted model are the independent rear suspension and improved interior, in terms of space, design and quality of materials.[6]

The vRS was the top-level and quickest specification and used a 1.8-litre straight-4 turbocharged engine which produced 180 bhp (134 kW; 182 PS). Škoda made a limited number of 100 WRC Replica Cars worldwide in 2002. These differ from normal vRS Octavias, as they are produced in white, have rally decals and have additional accessories as standard (such as ESP, xenon lights, heated front seats). The vRS model was also popular with the UK police, both as a traffic car and as an unmarked Q-car, due to its low cost, reliability, performance, and understated styling.

1.8 20vT vRS 1,781 cc (108.7 cu in) 4 cyl DOHC 180 PS (132 kW; 178 hp) at 5500 rpm 235 N·m (173 lb·ft) at 1950–5000 rpm AUQ 2001–2006

Here's a pic just from the last thread that closed.
My dad's Octavia VRS with WRC spoiler.
Just so people know what model it is.
It has wrc on the boot lid but I don't know if it's a limited edition.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why they haven't added skoda yet. They've added Volkswagen, Audi and seat and they're all owned by the same company. I think it's the VAG group.

I don't know why they haven't added skoda yet. They've added Volkswagen, Audi and seat and they're all owned by the same company. I think it's the VAG group.

Late reply, but being at Goodwood recently I realised that they have very carefully removed ALL of the Skoda signs from the track in GT6, even though other signs have been left in place. Which makes me wonder if there is some kind of licencing problem specifically related to Skoda. However, apart from possibly in rally games, I can't remember ever seeing Skoda's officially included in other games, so I don't understand what that licensing issue could be. It can't be the same issue as Porsche without the cars being included somewhere else?

Really love this car! I have a regular 1.6l Octavia Mk1 2000 estate and when the time comes to change it, I’ll surely get another Octavia. I hope that I will be able to afford the vRS estate..

Back