• 277 comments

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
Yeeeeee new vehicle incoming!

I'll be putting a deposit down soon. Until then I hope no one buys it out from under me.

Here's the deal. I found a '95 F150 XLT shortbed 2wd with a 300 inline 6 and auto trans. Originally the kid was asking for $1500...but said after a supposed deer incident now said he'd take $500.

The Good:

Pretty much rust free Florida truck. It was moved to Ohio and then to New York...only rust is some very minor rust in the door jambs, lower front fender and rear whel arches from recent years. The underside is fantastic. I'll definitely be undercoating it.
113k miles
Very solid running engine
New u joints
New front brake lines
Newer tires
Extra rear window
Extra full size spare and tire

The Bad

Was recently in a supposed deer collision. No extreme damage. A small dent in the bumper, broken radius arm, 2 broke wheel studs, large scratch down the side, broken turn signal lens and mirror, small dents in the fender and back of the bed are present and not seen in photos. However most is purely cosmetic and most is fixable immediately. This all sounds bad but isntnearly as bad as you'd imagine.
Its a 2WD
Its a shortbed
Tailgate does not fold down, lower hinges are busted
Does not come with the current radio
Does not come with the tool box
I'm broke

He originally wanted $1,500 but said he'd take $500 to get rid of it and he'd bring it to my house. I drove about an hour one way to see it so I'm fairly certain Itll be mine. Next step is putting a down payment on it, which should happen very soon. As far as I'm concerned, this is a steal.

00S0S_gIPHgqgBT3S_600x450.jpg
00505_gdnGKJqC4C1_600x450.jpg
00P0P_8Lf6TYkQMYW_600x450.jpg
00l0l_keHjVMgj6f9_600x450.jpg

'Grats on the new truck! I have a soft spot for this style of the F150. I'm sure it'll do you well in the future!

That interior looks pretty good for a 20 year old truck. Rims look nice on it too 👍

That interior looks pretty good for a 20 year old truck. Rims look nice on it too 👍
If I have it my way most of the interior color is getting changed to red. I've had enough of the dull grey 90s blah interiors. Ideally I'd like to completely swap it for the 80-86 style interior.

586E9055-E9CF-4480-91D7-352C9B9D9305-12858-00001B9136563A8B_zpsff124ad1.jpg

Right now I just want to get it home and get it road worthy, but eventually I'd like to add old school diamond plate running boards, bed bedline and underneath undercoated, bug guard, the older style 2 bar mirrors, diamond plate bed rail caps, clear headlights and 80-86 taillights.

Last edited:
Looks like a build off is going to happen between, very nice truck!

I'm having a very hard time believing that the kid hit a deer, broke a radius arm, and didn't dent the bumper. It takes on absolute hell of an impact to mess those things up

Looks like a build off is going to happen between, very nice truck!

I'm having a very hard time believing that the kid hit a deer, broke a radius arm, and didn't dent the bumper. It takes on absolute hell of an impact to mess those things up
It did dent the bumper. There's a decent size ding in it with some flexing of the fender like it had quivered. The radius arm broke on the lower half so the wheel sits cockeyed with a ton of positive camber. There's a scratch down the side also. I think he was Wheeling it,to be honest.

I just got off the phone with the guy. If all goes as planned I should have her home Sunday.

I said it on FB. Keep the 300. If you start modding you know there is no end in sight!

There's no way I'm gonna be able to keep my hands out of this one haha. I can tell already.

Shell be here tomorrow.

received_884201488299992.jpeg

Well shes home. Dad welded a plate over the radius arm temporarily to straighten it out to move it around before more damaged occurred. I'm going through the whole thing to see what it needs. So far hres my list. My dad says for $500 I didnt do to bad.

Radius arm
Radius bushngs
Radius arm bolt
5 studs
All new lugs
Headlight lens
Headlight bulbs
Alignment
2 tires
Mirrors

I'd say $500 is a steal for the truck, especially with the I6. It looks real solid too.

I'm actually in the process of buying a truck too. Just looked at it today, and I'm pretty confident it'll be mine.

Holy 🤬 I'm proud of you man. :D:bowdown:

Seriously. You've managed to score yourself a three figure vehicle without it being a total mess. That's almost unheard of. :cool:

Holy 🤬 I'm proud of you man. :D:bowdown:

Seriously. You've managed to score yourself a three figure vehicle without it being a total mess. That's almost unheard of. :cool:
I agree. Congrats @Slash. So glad you finally have your vehicle situation resolved. Great looking start especially for $500.00. Plus the Ford 300I6 is imo one of THE best engines ever made.

I agree. Congrats @Slash. So glad you finally have your vehicle situation resolved. Great looking start especially for $500.00. Plus the Ford 300I6 is imo one of THE best engines ever made.
Thanks! And I agree. Not bad at all. Big update tonight sometime. For now here's justa part of it. Swapped out the original lights for bullnose tail lights.

Before
received_885549068165234.jpeg

After

received_886530381400436.jpeg
received_886530408067100.jpeg

Well I bought a radius arm from the junkyard in fairly good shape. Installed it and put in brand new polyurethane bushings. Being on a budget I bought the cheap ones. Turns out the bracket that was riveted to the frame had rusted outto much around the hole where the bushings went. So I bought a new one. Cut off the rivets and bolted in a new one and only broke one new bolt. I bought anew brake rotor and studs, and also wheel bearings and brake pads, and also a wheel bearing dust cap, dust shield all brand new and a few other odds and ends at the junkyard; old style mirrors and bracketry, a few F150 badges and a gas cap as well as those bullnose lights. I also found the issue with the tailgate...one pivot stud at the botm was missing and the other loose. Easy fix. Still have to deal with the headlight but it'll have to wait till next paycheck. I also found I will need new coil springs and shocks but I had them rigged to work for now.

That's an interesting idea, bull nose tail lights. Unique, for sure! Haven't seen it before on a 87+ bed.

I'm a fan of the 87-91 tail lights with the full white strip of a reverse light, but now you've got me thinking

Moog CC824 coil springs. They are what's under my truck, they ride great, standard issue for the F250 so you gain about an inch up front as well installed in a F150. Cost about $80 for the pair, and they are probably one of the easiest things you can do to your truck

That's an interesting idea, bull nose tail lights. Unique, for sure! Haven't seen it before on a 87+ bed.

I'm a fan of the 87-91 tail lights with the full white strip of a reverse light, but now you've got me thinking
I do like the full white on the later beds but definitely prefer the bullnose style in general.

Moog CC824 coil springs. They are what's under my truck, they ride great, standard issue for the F250 so you gain about an inch up front as well installed in a F150. Cost about $80 for the pair, and they are probably one of the easiest things you can do to your truck
I shall look into those. An inch in the front would be nice...it sits a bit low IMO.

Small update. Been driving great! Only issue I had was a bad ground to the started and she wohldnstart. Broke a contact at the solenoid replacing it and fixing it but now its all good. Also painted the a piller teim and some other interior pieces for a red interior. I undercoated most of the frame and some other small areas....more on that. Also rattle canned my leaf springs red :) still have a lot to do and out of cash lmao.

Also

Screenshot_2015-12-07-17-35-22.png

Ok so here's were I'm at. I've started clean ing up my enginebay. Degreasing and small parts removal. As much as I can get away with before I tear into the motor for paint. Ive been looking at wheels and tires, I'm thinking 15x8s up front a 15x12s with 4" backspacing. 1" spacers all around. New shocks will be coming soon, same ones I put on the van. I'm also going to fix the gate hinges and Gert that back on. I've mostly bedlined everything under it and painted my leafs red. I'm going to replace the entire front end eventually...new grille and bezels, rad support etc. Fenders will come in time. Also want rain guards for the windows...the old chrome ones. I've also painted some of my interior but more on that later.

Ok so here's were I'm at. I've started clean ing up my enginebay. Degreasing and small parts removal. As much as I can get away with before I tear into the motor for paint. Ive been looking at wheels and tires, I'm thinking 15x8s up front a 15x12s with 4" backspacing. 1" spacers all around. New shocks will be coming soon, same ones I put on the van. I'm also going to fix the gate hinges and Gert that back on. I've mostly bedlined everything under it and painted my leafs red. I'm going to replace the entire front end eventually...new grille and bezels, rad support etc. Fenders will come in time. Also want rain guards for the windows...the old chrome ones. I've also painted some of my interior but more on that later.
Are you going to install a transfer case and 4x4?

Are you going to install a transfer case and 4x4?
Ideally, I'd like to. But knowing what goes into it having done it to a 1992 with parts off a 1995, probably not. Its a major headache and not really worth it,honestly. I'd be better off buying a real one.

Ideally, I'd like to. But knowing what goes into it having done it to a 1992 with parts off a 1995, probably not. Its a major headache and not really worth it,honestly. I'd be better off buying a real one.
I've had the same problem with my R50 Mini Cooper. Why get a turbo kit when I can by an R53 or R56 with a supercharger or turbocharger, respectively.

Latest Posts

Back