sleeper cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter STi AdDiCt
  • 97 comments
  • 4,771 views
Saw this LTD on eBay. Straight body and clean interior, doesn't run, but probably will sell for less than $800.

With a new engine/an intake on the existing one, and about a 100 shot of nitrous, and no body mods, could you imagine this tearing up your hairy-chested 4th gen Camaro on the dragstrip? :D
 
They got the SR20, same motor as the 240SX? Sicked. Hey, the SE-R is still a cool alternative after all these years. Well, aside from the shifter.
 
I raced a new Sentra SE-R Spec V the other day. They're faster than I thought, particularly for a four-cylinder. Though the 91-94 is the real sleeper; the other models are either too obvious or not quick enough.
 
Doug(If it's alright that I call you that), have you ever driven a 240sx with an SR20DET?
 
I'll bet they rock... which engines were availible on the 240SX coupe and hatch anyway? (both S13 and S14, USDM)
 
///M
Ooo I bet you are kicking yourself now? I've seen some go for USD 30k on ebay in the past year. Even though those Mercs are classy cruisers, I would have put my money on the M3 and bought a beater Impala or something for every day. :p


actually i wasnt willing to buy a car for that price. any car, at that time. i only needed something to drive until next year when my old BMW is smog exempt. i know i would have had a hard time driving an E30 M3 everyday. especially of someone had hit it or even worse, stolen it. i have to park on the street as out apt complex has limited parking.

and then of course, i woudnt have been able to let it go when the 2002 is smog exempt.
 
Victor Vance
I'll bet they rock... which engines were availible on the 240SX coupe and hatch anyway? (both S13 and S14, USDM)

89-90: KA24E, 2.4l SOHC, 135HP
91-98: KA24DE, 2.4l DOHC, 155HP
 
I say a AU Ford Falcon Futura is sorta a sleeper car. Its alot faster than I would expect. My dad has one and we managed to get 160kph very easily.
 
radicool02
I say a AU Ford Falcon Futura is sorta a sleeper car. Its alot faster than I would expect. My dad has one and we managed to get 160kph very easily.

lmao :lol:

most new cars can get to 160kph easily



.....sorry, well maybe its sort of a sleeper:indiff:
 
:lol:Shut up. It is a ford. But it did it with alot more ease than I really thought it would.
 
Yeah and many new models still are muscular.
 
That's good... A lot of new age versions of legendary muscle cars waltz around as family econo-boxes now. :( My favorite examples are the Chevy Malibu and the Mercury Cougar.
 
M5Power
Did that engine ever come here?

No, all we ever got was the transverse-mount N/A model, as seen in the SE-R. (And there's some version of the SR in an older Infiniti, G20, I think)
 
didnt we get a turbocharged pulsar coupe/ hatch model in the eighties? or am i thinking of the mazda 323GTX.
 
Australia got the 1984-86 Nissan Pulsar ET turbo (N12), not sure about the US though?
 
Basically if there is ever a question like "did the US get it?", the answer is no.
 
The SR20DET are shipped over here. They run around 1200 at Sokko or something like that.
Also the SR20ve is a great motor, puts out around 200hp N/A.
 
Well I know they are shipped over here considering there is one in my engine bay, however they never came over here as a stock engine.
 
Buick Lesabre Ultra ! supercharged V6, looks soooo ld and frumpy, but great way to smoke ricers !
 
The new beetles can be considered sleepers. Too many mustang GT's getting surprised and C4 corvettes from a beetles bpu power. hehe...nothing like the look on the face of someone with a v8 and a cute little beetle passing them up.
 
TwinTurboJay
Buick Lesabre Ultra ! supercharged V6, looks soooo ld and frumpy, but great way to smoke ricers !

There's no LeSabre Ultra; the LeSabre's only engine is a 205-horsepower 3.8-liter V6. The "Ultra" designation is used only for the Park Avenue (240hp 3.8L supercharged V6) and Rendezvous (242hp 3.6L V6).
 
Anaconda
The new beetles can be considered sleepers. Too many mustang GT's getting surprised and C4 corvettes from a beetles bpu power. hehe...nothing like the look on the face of someone with a v8 and a cute little beetle passing them up.
The extra lights and "Turbo S" badges give it away :indiff:
 
Back