• Thread starter Obake
  • 47 comments
United States
Louisiana
TougeAce-Obake
corey2788
Sleeper4Life.jpg

Team Mission
What i want to get out of this team is not be the fastest or the best of the best, but I want to have a fun/friendly team. A team where we can teach and learn from each other. We are a Wangan Team but we also do Touge, and Drifting.

Wangan
Wangan is Japanese Highway racing that consist of being fast, and being able to control the car at High Speeds. On Gt5 we run on Special Stage Route 7 with 600pp limited cars on sport soft.

Touge
Touge is racing on a mountain pass,or any narrow winding road.On GT5 we run it on Nurburgring and custom made courses.We run by the rules of 500pp Sports Hard,but there is many more pp classes.​

Meet the Warriors Member Bios Coming soon!!!!
Team Leader:
TougeAce-Obake
Co Leader:
Failure_to_react

Members:
atimmer22
CA49000

Temporary member (Wangan Only)
Mopar-383

Our Friends:
Team SUBSTANCE

Tryouts
Tryouts will be of not only being fast or a good driver but you must be able to get along with other members of the team. To tryout, add TougeAce-Obake, in the friend request put tryout, and I will get you to my lounge when we are both online. Make sure to have a car ready for the thing your trying out for(Touge/Wangan/Drift).

Last edited:
Wangan doesn't really fit in the Drifting forum - also 600pp is a LOT.

We are also a Touge/Drifting team,and there is not really a Wangan section on here so kinda posting here (Hope its ok)

actually you'd be surprised how many people online complain that its not enough as they run >640PP Enzos, Ford GTs, R35s and other stuff.. 600PP is the ideal number because it requires serious tuning skill to get a car to reach 230mph on its own and reach 250+ in the draft

also.. hmm, where else would you want the team to be put, eh?

Well since it's a form of "Racing"... well hmm, i don't know... the Racing forum?

hmm, well where is that "racing" forum..? please direct me to it.. because the only place i see to put "TEAMS" is this thread.. please, correct me if im wrong

You can still have a car club who likes to touge?

There are also Touge clubs and teams on that link i posted.

Sure the team drifts and does touge as well, but if it's main purpose is Wangan then in all fairness... it doesn't belong in the Drifting Teams and Meets section. D-Max (my team) don't just do Drifting either, we even host separate events like BTCC (Hosted by FRAG-ME-CG) but we don't put it in the Drifting Teams and Meets...

I'd also like to note, since Wangan racing is obviously Japanese (It's a highway in Japan, not an actual "racing" style or whatever you want to call it.), wouldn't it be more specified towards JDM cars? Not Enzo's and Ford GTs etc?

You can still have a car club who likes to touge?
You are correct.

Sure the team drifts and does touge as well, but if it's main purpose is Wangan then in all fairness... it doesn't belong in the Drifting Teams and Meets section. D-Max (my team) don't just do Drifting either, we even host separate events like BTCC (Hosted by FRAG-ME-CG) but we don't put it in the Drifting Teams and Meets...

I'd also like to note, since Wangan racing is obviously Japanese (It's a highway in Japan, not an actual "racing" style or whatever you want to call it.), wouldn't it be more specified towards JDM cars? Not Enzo's and Ford GTs etc?

We actually started out as a drifting/touge team.

Last edited:
@ Sean talked to solidsnake7735 for rules. He started this whole thing.

Edit; Dang double post

Well if youve seen the Wangan Midnight anime there was a porsche, and a ferrari, so NO IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE JDM ONLY.

And Team Redsuns has on their thread banner "touge - wangan - drift" though they mostly participate in drift and touge events.

As for the clubs and leagues.. its exactly that.. CLUBS and LEAGUES. not TEAMS

why y'all trolling?

And Team Redsuns has on their thread banner "touge - wangan - drift" though they mostly participate in drift and touge events.

As for the clubs and leagues.. its exactly that.. CLUBS and LEAGUES. not TEAMS

Yeah uh... Team Redsuns drift AWD so we don't tend to associate ourselves with them.

Also... wouldn't racing on the Wangan highway be more of a "club" than a team? Certainly sounds more of a club to me.

Yeah uh... Team Redsuns drift AWD so we don't tend to associate ourselves with them.

Also... wouldn't racing on the Wangan highway be more of a "club" than a team? Certainly sounds more of a club to me.

Who exactly drift AWD in our team? we actually specified only drift RWD CH so what exactly are you talking about?.. i dont even know you so if your looking to start something with other teams like your doing on this thread why dont you do something better and get a life?... Wangan in real life actually allows every kind of car including exotics, in fact there were even bike teams in the wangan one of the most important teams in Wangan was team mid-night they closed it because they had problems with a (i repeat) wangan bike team and one of the drivers in it died.. so look up your information before trying to start drama with a someone without a point :)

Good luck with your team Corey!.. missed you bro! 👍

So... what's the difference to you between a club and a team? please edify me, oh wise one as i am obviously so lacking in general knowledge of teams and clubs.

Because my understanding is that this TEAM here (as well as mine) is to get to compete against OTHER TEAMS. which is what my TEAM does as well. A CLUB would be for random people to get together and enjoy a common activity..
please, oh wise one.. correct me if im wrong.

Who exactly drift AWD in our team? we actually specified only drift RWD CH so what exactly are you talking about?.. i dont even know you so if your looking to start something with other teams like your doing on this thread why dont you do something better and get a life?... Wangan in real life actually allows every kind of car including exotics, in fact there were even bike teams in the wangan one of the most important teams in Wangan was team mid-night they closed it because they had problems with a (i repeat) wangan bike team and one of the drivers in it died.. so look up your information before trying to start drama with a someone without a point :)

Thanks bro,you need to add me again so we do some wangan or drifting.

Just to be clear in here just for wangan, I should be a temp member

Just fixed the post Alex,your now listed as Temp member Wangan only.

actually no one in team redsuns drifts awd. were did u hear that from?

actually no one in team redsuns drifts awd. were did u hear that from?

Oh so you mean the pictures of your team drifting Mitsubishi Lancer's and Nissan Skyline's/GTR's aren't your team then?

So... what's the difference to you between a club and a team? please edify me, oh wise one as i am obviously so lacking in general knowledge of teams and clubs.

Because my understanding is that this TEAM here (as well as mine) is to get to compete against OTHER TEAMS. which is what my TEAM does as well. A CLUB would be for random people to get together and enjoy a common activity..
please, oh wise one.. correct me if im wrong.

So what you're saying is clubs don't race against each other? They just meet up and have fun... which is no doubt what you guys would be doing. This is the DRIFTING team forum. YES i understand that Sleeper Warriors are also a DRIFT team but that would be like me having a BF3 MLG team and being like "Yeah we also drift so we're just gonna put our thread in here". No.

Isn't wangan some highway they drag race in japan? Anyways, Good luck!

It is! But they're claiming that it's a "form" of racing... you don't race in the drift forums do you Zed?! These folks be mad.

Oh so you mean the pictures of your team drifting Mitsubishi Lancer's and Nissan Skyline's/GTR's aren't your team then?

So what you're saying is clubs don't race against each other? They just meet up and have fun... which is no doubt what you guys would be doing. This is the DRIFTING team forum. YES i understand that Sleeper Warriors are also a DRIFT team but that would be like me having a BF3 MLG team and being like "Yeah we also drift so we're just gonna put our thread in here". No.

Thats exactly what im saying.. You are so smart!.. i love taking pictures so if i see a good replay ill ask the people in it if i can use it and i take pics of it like ive done with a lot of teams in GT5 and GTP, my bad for liking photography and taking pictures of a couple of evos i guess. Really old picture btw had to look for it on my files and its from december of last year :lol:

Isn't wangan some highway they drag race in japan? Anyways, Good luck!

Its kinda like drag but more about top speed, it needs some cornering aswell because every freeway, specially japanese freeways, has turns and they do it aswell since wangan its in the freeway. An awesome game about Wangan is Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero for PS2.. i guess they putted what wangan is on the thread OP because everyone here knows what Drift is and most know what touge is but not everyone knows wangan so they specified about it 👍

Last edited:
Back