sliding all iover

• Thread starter buggs1a
  • 30 comments
Expect the cars to stay firmly planted when contacted while turning at or near the car's limits?

How much force was in the collision?
What car where you using?
Were you at your limits when the collision happened?
Where was the car hit?
How fast was the other car going?

This is on all cars. They all are the same that I have right now. They all handle like crap.. not talking about collisions just driving and you tap the left stick. It's pathetic.

This is on all cars. They all are the same that I have right now. They all handle like crap.. not talking about collisions just driving and you tap the left stick. It's pathetic.

I see what your problem is, all or nothing steering...

That will happen in a real car if you could go from straight to full lock in .082 of a second.

You will need to be a bit smoother than what you are probably use to. One way is to get a wheel of some sort, another is to slowly move the left stick as you play. This takes some time to master but as you get better, you will have more control over the car.

Yes thanks. I tap and gt5 cars move slightly like my tap. Fm3 is terrible to me. Moves way more. Turning car slides way worse then gt5. I tap and have to tap other way real quick sometimes and it starts to slide too much. All cars I've got feel the same to me. Only difference is acceleration.

1) Be analog with the analog stick. There's something inbetween neutral position and full lock.
2) Throttle control. There's something inbetween no throttle and full throttle. Same goes for brakes, by the way.

Oh, and if you can't feel aa difference between different drive trains... Well, i don't know what to say.

I've pretty much driven nothing but R3 cars in the past year and a half or so in my groups ALMS series. All R3 cars being the same is ridiculous. The R3 PI 715 BMW is a TOTALLY different beast than the R3 PI 715(4) Porsche which is a TOTALLY different beast than the R3 PI 715 Viper.

Man I hate f3 cars all freaking sliding all over even barely touching the control. Why is it so bad?

Yes thanks. I tap and gt5 cars move slightly like my tap. Fm3 is terrible to me. Moves way more. Turning car slides way worse then gt5. I tap and have to tap other way real quick sometimes and it starts to slide too much. All cars I've got feel the same to me. Only difference is acceleration.

You know, I spent hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of hundreds of hours in FM3, all with the controller, and never had any trouble, with any car class. Whatever the problem is, it's about you specifically. It's not a fault of the game but a fault of the player.

EDIT:
I should note, when I say I spent all that time playing without trouble... on the controller..., it was also with no driver aids (except the automatic tranny, though in GT5 I adapted to manual so for FM4 I will be rockin' the manual tranny). No traction control, no anti-lock brakes, no stability control, no racing wheel, and no problem.

EDIT:
I should note, when I say I spent all that time playing without trouble... on the controller..., it was also with no driver aids (except the automatic tranny, though in GT5 I adapted to manual so for FM4 I will be rockin' the manual tranny). No traction control, no anti-lock brakes, no stability control, no racing wheel, and no problem.

Kinda of off topic but I have been doing that with Hard A.I since FM1 though I have had short bursts of wheel use.

I use aids.
I said cars I have, not all.

It's the game not me. This is not a problem in gt5. Fm2 same way as fm3.

Last edited by a moderator:
buggs1a
I use aids.
I said cars I have, not all.

It's the game not me. This is not a problem in gt5. Fm2 same way as fm3.

Without turning off aids how can you be sure it's the game.

I am going to assume you are a novice player from your statement about aids.

Maybe you are taking the corners too fast.

I don't know. A video would help us help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought of video but don't have anything for that cept my HTC Droid incredible.

What I mean is when I am turning I tap to turn Nd sometimes the car slides when I stop and I have to tap the other way to stop the sliding. Steer is tap to me. Gt5 sometimes doesn't keep sliding like fm2 and 3. I have auto break on too to help.

I'm not good yes. I know the issues I'm talking about could be better if I was better. I just hate how easy it is to slide. I would love to show a video and then say what I did when a slide or something happens.

I notice how bad the ai is smaking into me all the time spinning me out. That pisses me off to no end I'm driving and the ai rams in my back.

Man I hate f3 cars all freaking sliding all over even barely touching the control. Why is it so bad?

baby+face+palm.jpg

Thats what you get when you disable traction control and stability control. Duh..
If you dont want too slide, turn them on and stop complaining about things that are optional.

You must be a terrible driver...

I thought of video but don't have anything for that cept my HTC Droid incredible.

What I mean is when I am turning I tap to turn Nd sometimes the car slides when I stop and I have to tap the other way to stop the sliding. Steer is tap to me. Gt5 sometimes doesn't keep sliding like fm2 and 3. I have auto break on too to help.

I'm not good yes. I know the issues I'm talking about could be better if I was better. I just hate how easy it is to slide. I would love to show a video and then say what I did when a slide or something happens.

I notice how bad the ai is smaking into me all the time spinning me out. That pisses me off to no end I'm driving and the ai rams in my back.

I think i know what's the problem, TURN stability control ON on 4wheel drive cars such as Audi R8 v10. They tend too slide with it turned off.

Buggs1a, could you elaborate further please? What driving aids are you using? Are you using the analogue sticks properly? Are you using throttle control, or are you just going full throttle all the time? Are you taking the correct line into the corners?

I don't use any driving aids at all and I have no problems with sliding, so it must be your driving that is the problem (no offense intended). You need to be gentle with the steering, don't just push the stick all the way to the left or right. When accelerating and braking, be gentle, don't just go full throttle in to corners, you need to slow down and take the corner slowly and gently until you get better.

I'm assuming you're new to driving games, so don't expect to be driving like a pro within five minutes, it will take time to learn how to drive properly. My advice is, you should study videos of professionals to see where you can improve and observe everything the professionals do. Forza isn't just a game, it's a driving simulator, you need to learn driving techniques to play properly. Of course, Forza isn't 100% accurate, but it's closer to reality than most games. The only games that are more accurate are the hardcore PC sims.

I hope I was able to help you, other people will probably be able to help you better though, because they know more than me, I'm simply someone who's quite good at driving sim games, but not an expert.

To cut a long story short, I have been playing FM3/GT5 recently with a controller (Normally use a wheel), and I can relate to the OP's situation.

The issue is you are 'tapping' the controller to turn small amounts, in FM3, this is taken as a large/sudden input and will cause a lot of cars to obviously misbehave.. In GT5, the tap is heavily filtered so it doesn't have much effect on the car.

If this is what you are experiencing, then depending on which side of the fence you reside on will depend on which game you think is 'broken'.. in FM3, you have to use the stick as analogue, and if you want small corrections, then just use very small taps. In GT5, you can make big taps to change direction as it's clearly designed to also be played using the D-Pad, and there is the most obvious diffference IMO.

I would say that put some time in to learn using the pad in a proper analogue manner, but then when you hop back to GT5, it'll feel wrong again.. So I'd agree with others, if you want to use a more (dare I say 'arcade') method of digital steering with FM3, just turn the stability control on..

As for the AI, I know the feeling, if you brake too early, they are as dumb as any other game and invariably ram you, they do react nicely if you are alongside though, it seems 50/50 if I make a lunge up the inside if they then give me room on the exit when they realise I'm there, but it's not perfect, although still up there with the best IMO for AI awareness, it's just that the 'best' is still pretty poor against reality..

What has surprised me is that having started the career again using a pad on FM3, it wasn't long before I was in cars that are sliding all over the place, and need some real finessing and good car control to keep them going forwards, which is totally at odds with people saying that they cars are 'stuck' to the road.. They sure as hell have some high levels of grip in some situations which is very noticeably wrong, but dang!, the Lotus Elise around Amalfi was an experience in car control and a half!

I just suck. Well I don't suck totally. Lol. I been into racing for many years. I like started around or before the xbox 1 need for speed hot pursuit. Looooove that game. Wish it was remake exactly same tracks.

I have played that game, gt5, fm2 and 3. I think the first but forget. Few others but forget.

I mean aids in setting options menu. It has traction, auto break and others. I have set for max or on for them all except driving line. I don't use the line because I don't drive it anyway. I know where the line would be anyway by oil on track.

I go hard into cor.ers and let auto break for me. I know that's not the best. I do slow down sometimes myself. I usually am no gas or full gas in all games. Slow down I let off gas to coast or sometimes I use breaks. I know my driving isn't proper. Not all the time anyway.

I think fm3 drives way worse.then gt5. Real or not I don't slide like this in gt5. I know part of this is steering sensitivity. You can change this in gt5 but not in fm3. I wish I could set it a bit different in fm3 just to see how I am with a small change.

Can I share my replays? People might have a good laugh at my driving. :)

Just a tip here but try the driving line on and turn off braking assist.

You will learn to discover tires don't mind turning or braking.
But turning and braking at the same time impacts much more on the tires.

Ideally brake in a straight line where possible and coast around the corners.
Eventually you will find the speed limit needed to get around quicker without losing traction/sliding.

The driving line dynamically adapts dependant on your speed into the corners. Although after time you will realise that you can go a bit quicker and brake later into turns than the line suggests.

I myself have never used the auto brake but I imagine the Xbox is prematurely braking for you whilst you are turning. (something tires don't like remember).
Causing you to slide.

Just practise mate.

buggs1a
What's deadzone?

An amazing film starring Christopher walken.

Nah. Its just an amount of wheel turn or pedal input nulified.

Imagine putting your foot just on the throttle a little and nothing registers.

Or the centre of your wheel not responding initially around the middle.

So is it like steering sensitivity in gt5?

I don't think I've seen deadzone but I am sure I'd like it. I like Christopher walken very much.

Tukwila, eh? Rather many Washingtonians around here, really.

Anyway, the only time I've ever had difficulty in a Forza game (Though I should point out I learned racing in Forza 1) is in 2 and 3, and that's when jacking up a RWD car's PP two or three levels above original, some cars for me simply cannot take much performance. I've got a beloved Toyota AE86, class D, really nice. But when I tried to raise it to class C, it was simply too skittish to be comfortably used in racing, so I had to revert it to D class, meanwhile I've got an old RX-7 which is right on the limit being a Class B, I can tell with even ten more horsepower, my tuning ability isn't enough to make it as finely honed as it is now.

Simply put, if you're in the habit of tuning cars, perhaps you've overstepped the car's limits?

Oh, by the way, I drive with all aids off and a manual, and I can get in the top 2% on the leaderboards, so I think I'm fairly skilled. All I can say is simply that Forza requires a level of smoothness in control inputs, rather than finesse at using them, if that makes any sense. If you go ahead and take a weak car, like the RX-7, find a track you like, then just fool around until you get the hang of it.

Rykon (greetings fellow pacwester!) has it right. Especially if you're relying on the default setup for upgraded cars, particularly with the upgraded differential in RWD cars.
This game requires fine input, and it also tends to make cars way too tail happy when you upgrade them without changing the tuning settings. Basically any car can be at least ok in any class that is reasonable if you give it the right amount of love; again, Rykon has the right idea in not trying to upgrade a car too far. I have set top 1% times in really offbeat cars by being smooth and getting the tuning setup just right.
Send me a FR on LIVE (GT is same as psn/username) and I'll see if I can't help solve your issue 👍

Back