Slightly Mad Studios Teases New Unannounced Franchise

*New Franchise*
*"Sort-of" racing*

I think that eliminates RR & TD because neither of them would be a new franchise nor "sort-of" racing. They are definitely racing.

Maybe SMS will launch a new IP based around an open world concept (that isn't TDU) to compete with Forza Horizon? Horizon has an enormous market segment all to itself. I feel like it could definitely use some competition.

*New Franchise*
*"Sort-of" racing*

I think that eliminates RR & TD because neither of them would be a new franchise nor "sort-of" racing. They are definitely racing.

Maybe SMS will launch a new IP based around an open world concept (that isn't TDU) to compete with Forza Horizon? Horizon has an enormous market segment all to itself. I feel like it could definitely use some competition.
To clarify, my thought was that a Horizon-esque Ridge Racer game with a new name appended to it would make for a "new franchise" with "sort of" racing, like how some people refer to Horizon as its own franchise.

When I think of Ridge Racer I think of metropolitan freeways, city streets, coastal highways, cliffside routes, winding roads in the countryside...a very suitable parent brand to carry the open world concept if you ask me. Oh, and tunes like this, of course (@fikridroid 👍):

Ian said it would be massive. That is just him playing on words in true Irish style.

Massive means trucks, truck sim, boats or drag racing.

My guess- :lol: :lol:

r9pnFkG.jpg

To clarify, my thought was that a Horizon-esque Ridge Racer game with a new name appended to it would make for a "new franchise" with "sort of" racing, like how some people refer to Horizon as its own franchise.

When I think of Ridge Racer I think of metropolitan freeways, city streets, coastal highways, cliffside routes, winding roads in the countryside...a very suitable parent brand to carry the open world concept if you ask me. Oh, and tunes like this, of course (@fikridroid 👍):

Yeah please, been dying for a new, proper ridge racer since the seventh instalment on the PS3. Vita and 3DS version didn't cut it for me since it mostly felt like a gimmicky mobile port of 6 and 7 with some corner-cutting :lol:
I might crap my pants if it really happens :bowdown:

I'm gonna guess they will make a Formula Drift game. It'd be a new franchise (to my knowledge) and it's not technically racing, as it's more about techniques and style than actual lap times and such. Plus it can use the physics model and dynamic weather that'll be used on PCars 2.

I wish it would be flight MMO like Warthunder but with post WW2 jets, something like DCS:FC3 but accessible like RB battles in WT with with mouse PID and pad steering.

If it's Fast and Furious, I hope these games take extreme artistic liberties like that Eutechnyx game. Its distance from the source material allowed it the dignity to become a sort-of-gem of a bargain bin title.

What's most disheartening is how this implies a plan to continue making FnF movies for years to come. :boggled: The classic cars they trash in the production of those films deserve better.

Due to the deal getting 'even bigger' we won't be able to announce details for a while. But I can say this:

’Slightly Mad Studios have signed a multi-year, multi-game deal with a blockbuster Hollywood franchise... details to follow in the coming months’.

So @IanBell will it be announced at E3 2017 or GamesCom?

What's most disheartening is how this implies a plan to continue making FnF movies for years to come. :boggled: The classic cars they trash in the production of those films deserve better.
If it calms your soul, I'm pretty sure they use replicas! 👍

I had wondered if Grand Theft Auto would do a FF story line. This just makes sense to be done properly(not that its confirmed or anything).

What if two modes were available? Arcade style and a Shenmue-real time mode.

Surely any new Fast & Furious game will be better than Fast & Furious: Showdown on PS3. Tokyo Drift on PSP was reasonably okay but not stellar either.

Back