SlipZtrEm
full

full

full

full

10.11.11: Genesis.
10.11.11: The Eunos Roadster RM.
10.12.11: One-77.
10.13.11: It's back: Demio RM replica Mazda 2.
10.15.11: A tour of the Alps in an Avant.
10.20.11: Bull at Mugello.
10.25.11: Back to the Alps, in a Lotus.
11.01.11: Focus ST-R gets replica'd!
11.03.11: Most prized possession.
11.18.11: E-Type 50th Birthday bash.

Last edited:

(click on image for full-size)
_____________________________​

Update Info: Now this is a different setup... getting the images off the website is a pain compared to GT, but on the other hand, the cars are so much more interesting. So, here's my little starter car, and it needed some simple sponsorship. Expect to see a fair amount of cross-posting here with projects built up from my attempts at livery design. I couldn't seem to retrieve a Big Shot, so pardon the lousy quality. Also, I think I'll stick to keeping the logo, or try to shoot around it, since it's so much bigger, and therefore harder to avoid, than in GT. Next up, a very special NA Miata... enjoy!

Last edited:
Nice, I just picked the game up today, I am a GT5 guy too so I will really be interested in comparing these two games.

full

(click on image for full-size)

Update Info: I actually started collecting stuff for this a while back, but here's my first attempt at recreating a racing mod from the original Gran Turismo. It's not quite finished; there's some diagonal small sponsors that I have to put below the Mazdaspeed sticker. Like the rest of the side stickers though, I'm just guessing, because it's impossible to tell what they originally were :lol:. I'm probably going to open up a Storefront thread in a few days to not just share designs, but the stickers I've used as well. Enjoy!

ripenrun - Thanks, I've played GT since '98 so it's always been the big first racing game for me, but FM4 was just too tempting with the increased community and customization front. It's interesting to see how the two contrast and compare.

Last edited:
Interesting, I can't wait to see what you can do with Forza's customization options!

*Plots the possibility of closing thread when the option becomes available*

:lol:

Nice work on that livery. Really turned out well. 👍

Slippy as your a regular photo-head, how are you finding Forza's tools, possibilty's and quality.

Cheers mate.

Well look what we have here, got to admit I was glad to see you were planning on getting this. Gonna be great to see what you come up with, especially with the vinyl editing and painting options.

Nice images so far, already creating great designs. Really like the look of the first one, is that the spotlight location?

How is your experience with the photomode so far?
For me I have always preferred GT's. That might be mostly down to the annoying upload method, and good lord what is with the huge watermark! :D

Superb start buddy, look forward to watching the future of this gallery. 👍

Shots look beautiful man! Nice, classy presentation! Soft focus works quite well on the last shot. Great work on your logo/vinyl as well!

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: I figured I'd get to AutoVista eventually, but then I remembered about this beauty. So... here it is. The start-up noise is just incredible. You can click on any of the thumbnails, or the top banner image, for full-sizers. Enjoy!

Dice - Oh, you'll see... though stuff I make all from scratch, like that Miata, will be few and far between, just because of time. But right now, I've gotta find some wheels for an SC...

Shigegaki - Thanks! I'm still not satisfied with my Photomode settings yet, but that's the goal!

T12 - So, this is a war you want *fetches white glove* :P

Union - Will do, I just need to figure out which sponsors I'll be putting up and down the sides of it...

Spagetti - Well, to be honest, I appreciate why they've made the settings so simple in Photo Mode... but I don't like it as much as GT5's. The accessibility is better, since we can pause in race and shoot, and replays are much easier to deal with, but the scales of 1-100 are very lacking. Also, can I not take shots in a portrait setting, they always have to be landscape? I suppose I could rotate them on my own in post, but still. The quality is pretty good - people don't like to mention that GT5 has some pretty bad compression issues as well. I do think the Big Shot is just ridiculous, though: a 25mb bitmap?!

Magpie - These are from the standard size (1280 x 720), and I usually crop off the bottom 80, though I may just start leaving the watermark on anyways. Big shot outputs at a staggering size, but you can only store one on the server at a time, which is problematic.

TW - You are correct, it's the Spotlight! I share your views on the setup, but, it's a trade off for, in my opinion, a lot more interesting subject matter most of the times. I imagine your gallery will be up once you've got a copy?

RG - Thanks! I started work on it with FM3, for the week and a bit I had it before this. It's a bit of a pain, creating entire liveries, but it's really a lot of fun once they're (mostly) done, and you know it's completely your own. Think I'll stick with mostly photo work, though :P

Luminis - I'll try to hold up my end of the agreement there ;)

TVR - Same here!

Last edited:
Get the Mazda Furei with brake lights on slip.
Looked great in F3.

Edit. You taking pics with controller right.
Sure you can alter the camera with the d-pad etc.
Might be wrong, long time since I took a snap in F3.
Give it a try.

Those Aston shots are tremendous. I have my game but don't have my 360 yet :dopey: coming in the next few days, keep posting, I need stuff to look at.

Update Info: Oh no, I'm getting sucked in... another GT1 semi-replica, though this one is transferred to the new version of the original car, as there's no two-wheeling Demio A-Spec around these parts. This ties in with the recently opened SlipStore, where you'll be able to find info on how to get it in game. There's a "bonus" image up there, too...

Spagetti - Hmmm, you mean rotate it around and zoom in? Yeah, the D-pad does that, but little else. I'd like a hybrid of both games, ideally - Forza's ability to enter Photomode at any time is great, but GT's actual features in said mode are more diverse, and relate to real life more.

TVR - The banner shot? The joys of AutoVista :)

ripenrun - Oh dear, having the game and nothing to play it on must be agonizing! I'll try my best :D

Bry - Basically. I usually try for a slightly different colour tone for each set, it's my way of giving each update its own unique feeling.

Last edited:
Nice work Slipz, I'm glad you picked up FM4. Hope you are enjoying it. Great work so far every image makes me tempted to run out and buy it! The One-77 looks great keep em' coming buddy! 👍

Update Info: Just one of the many cars I've been blowing credits on; this RS2's running the stock engine and sitting at A600 right now. Given the Porsche help, it seemed fitting to give it some slightly bigger Gemballa rims. It's a lot of fun, so enjoy these two images!

725 - Thanks, I'm glad I got it too, it's a very different approach to racing games, but I'm loving it. The sheer size it's what's amazing me, though!

Lambo - Thanks, I spend far too much time deciding on fonts, and always end up going back to one of about a dozen of my standard go-to selections.

Last edited:
Loving the editing on the shots man! Very realistic tones and noise, my favorite style! Great work and can't wait to see more!

Yes, you guessed it; it's me! The prime reason why I registered here is to give you feedback on your Forza Motorsport pictures, as well! ;) The ones you posted look good; this update is my favourite, though. The lighting is outstanding and the angles used are interesting.

Picture #1 - First of all: nice angle! Even though the distance to the car is short, you managed to keep many details. I like the lighting effect on the car and the background blur. The car already stands out (given that the saturation of the background is low), but I feel like you could have accentuated the car's shape even more by increasing the amount of saturation.

Picture #2 - What I like most about this picture is the angle. Even though the space in front of the car is smaller than the one behind it, the contemplator can - thanks to the very good angle - detect the forward motion of the car. 👍

I already know your skills from GT Photomode are TOP, and I see they continue to produce some amazing looking shots in Forza 4 too :) Let me talk abou that Eunos Roadster buddy, did you know that looks so realistic?! :) And love the feeling of "tranquility" that the picture transmits, if you know what i mean buddy :) I am also digging the Audi batch, what a drift!!!! And in the 2nd one, the speed and the quality of the photo are quite good!! Did you use the noise filter btw? Its nicely set if you did, very minimal :)

looking forward to the competitions around here btw 👍

Update Info: Just some testing of one of my favourite raging bulls, at what is quickly becoming my go-to test track. Oh, and one more favourite; Verde Ithaca. No Lambo looks wrong in the hue! Enjoy!

RG - Thanks buddy, though I always worry that doing the same style all the time might get boring, glad to know it's going over well!

S4 - Welcome to another Planet :P. Thanks for the detailed feedback here too - I'll have a proper avatar for you very shortly, as you can imagine this was what I was talking about earlier ;)

Touring Mars - Thank you sir - I'm just happy there's a decent game with an RS2, it's long overdue!

BarronGeddon - It's always been something I've wanted to do, as like you said, time has hidden away a lot of the older PS1-era GT racers, and I feel like this opens them back up to a new generation. I found a handful of replicas in FM3, but so far, I haven't found too many in the new game. Which gives me all the more reason to continue with them!

NTX - Thanks! You know, your name is always tied in my head to Forza, and I remember lurking your galleries all those years ago, during the long wait for GT5, jealous of all the incredible shots you were taking in the "other" game. But now, I'm not just watching from afar ;)

Camaroboy - It's a great car, and while that was Autovista, I'm happy to finally have one of my own in the garage...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back