slipSHOTS: FM4

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 142 comments
I absolutely love the back end of that car, and you've done an excellent job capturing it's angry persona here! I love the bright colours too, that's how a Lambo should be painted!

The first shot looks phenomenal! I love the way you used the text in that one. The second one, though, couldäve fooled me into believing it's real 👍

First of all, let me thank you for remembering my work with previous Forza updates. Its nice to know that somebody still remembers those times 👍
Now about this recent update, of a car that looks good in any colour, and being the green my 2nd favourite colour after the yellow, you have show us how good looking the car is from various angles, with a superb quality, with superb mood and superb realistic feeling, specially in shot nr 3 👍
Going to add you on XBOX Live if you don´t mind, and maybe sometime we can race or take some shots 👍

Nice update! I really like how you played around with different angles and concentrated on accentuating the car's shape and edges with the lighting. The colour looks crazy, though. :D Another good aspect is the focal length; it transports a 'natural' feeling to the contemplator while simultaneously giving you the chance to make the car's motion perceptible.

Loved your gallery in gtplanet, I guess I will adore this one too. So far, you are proving that I am right :) That RS2 pic is absolutely my favorite.

(click on images for full-size)
_____________________________​

Update Info: One of my favourite cruising cars right now, this car has been tuned more or less to Evora S levels, meaning a supercharger and some other mods bring it to 350hp. To make it more competitive in its class, it's also slightly lightened. Still need to dial it in though, as it has no problem hanging its tail out at 120mph around the Alps, which is just a bit scary. Enjoy!

Joel3219 - It's just one of me, here :P

chromatic9 - Thanks Chromey, those are my favourites too, though I've grown to like the simple head-on shot more now.

Moglet - You know, I never actually stopped to think about how strange-looking that inverted back end really is, but you got me to really look into it more. And agreed - subdued colours just do not work on Lambos (Reventon/Sesto Elemento excepted).

Luminis - Excellent, my goal is realism! :D

NTX - I've got a good memory for these sorts of things! Thanks, and I accepted the add, though I warn you I may not be up for racing for the next little bit, just filling out my garage until I'm content...

S4 - Love the green! :P Like I mentioned above, the goal is always realism for me, so I'm glad it's going over well that way. Also, I finally have something for you, but as I'm not home, it'll have to wait until I'm back in town.

Union - Jelly yet? ;)

DomasRC - Thanks Domas, Photomode has become my addiction, no matter which game :lol:

Last edited:
What a great set Slip! Noise levels, lighting, tones, nailed them man. Really gives it a nice crisp "cruising" for a cold Sunday drive feel. A+ work as always!

Niiiice work! It's difficult to shoot dark cars on this track so the choice of white was a good one and the car itself looks beautiful. My favourite image of them all is the first one though, I love a good minimal shot and this ticks all the right boxes with me.

Some eye candy photos once more!! You managed to give them all a nice contrast, and good choice of car and colour. I´ve tried with a black one and I gived up, its hard to reach a nice appealing contrast with dark cars. I can say I like them all, still that photo with the lake...is outsanding!!! Really nice view, and the car is also very well positioned. The last one I love the angle and the sense of speed!! And look at that view 👍

Another quality update!! Yes it is!!

ISO.7.studios
Great photos, although I hope you have a photoshop file or something re-editable because Bernese Alps is spelled with an E not a U.

Bernese Alps not Burnese Alps. You know when i'm nitpicking about something this trivial that you are doing pretty good! :cheers:

EDIT: To not look like a fool, as of November 1, 2011 the error in the picture has been fixed! :D:D:D

Great updates slipz, the lambo and the evora have great compositon and colours in that trademark style of yours :P really enjoying your pics they have transferred over well from GT 👍

Picture #1 - Magnificent! That is the word that came to my mind when I first viewed this picture. The white car and the blue sky harmonize very well (in all pictures, but I will review them separately ;)). The colour transitions are very smooth and the lighting is perfect. The colours are easy on the eyes, too, which also speaks for the fact that you went for a realistic picture.

Picture #2 - The car is clean, the road and background blur is good and the lighting is great. Typical, isn't it? But there are two things that caught my eye: Firstly, there are white and red lines (?) left to the hill in the background and, secondly, there is a bit too much noise on the road. Other than that, good angle and composition.

Picture #3 - The first thing I noticed here is the wide camera angle. The foreground and background are separated beatifully by a very well executed blur, and above all, the lighting on the car underlines the 'realistic' feel of the whole picture.

Picture #4 - This picture looks like a simple one showing 'just' a car parked on the road. Even though it my look simple, certain details unveil the professional photographer who took it: the lighting (foreground and background), the carved out reflections - which highlight the proportions and the design of the car - and the saturated, strong colours, which stand in contrast to illuminated parts of the picture. :P

Picture #5 - Outstanding angle, clean car, very good lighting, extremely eye-catching road blur, good execution of the background blur. These are the first things that come to my mind. The others are: interesting contrast between the illuminated car and its shadow, good colour transitions, perfect amount of noise and, last but not least, absolutely stunning depth of field.

This is the first time I am giving you this: :bowdown:

:D

(click on image for full-size)

Update Info: Just a small update of my newest livery, as detailed over in the store. It's fairly simple, but hey, that's how Ford made it! Completely gutted, with a cage, all the drivetrain bits, and race tires, it's quite an entertaining car. Now that that's out of the way though, I can actually get to the other cars in the pack! Thank you for all the positive comments, and as always, any constructive criticism is welcome as well. Enjoy!

RG - That's typically my goal, I rarely want road cars to look like they're "racing". So thanks for letting me know it's working 👍

Moglet - So I've noticed, dark cars just don't photograph well at all there. For me the Evora always looks right in white anyways, so the Alps was a natural choice :D

NTX - That last shot is definitely my favourite, I really liked seeing way off into the distance like that. Thanks, buddy!

ISO.7 - I have no idea what you're talking about... ;)

725 - Thanks sir, it seems I've gotten a hold of some decent settings in-game for picture taking, so I've finally settled on roughly the same look as I get with my GT5 post-editing. I'll admit this isn't up to the standards of the Lambo and Evora, but it had been so long since I updated...

S4 - That bit of red in the second image, as it turns out, is a sign or pole on the side of the track. I had overlooked it when editing, but now that you mention it, it can't be unseen! :lol:

Union - Ha! Thanks, but it's all pretty simple, really. My post-game editing, due to the nature of FM4's customization, is typically about 1min per image. Come to the dark side... :D

Luminis - I would absolutely have to agree with you there... next update, I'll have to top the Evora!

Last edited:
Very nice picture. The saturated colours accentuate the 'fresh' livery quite well. The soft road and background blur (I would have liked to see a better transition between these two, though [see: uncontinuous white line]) in combination with a good amount of noise works out pretty well, too. It may look like a common picture, but the details - such as the lighting, the contrast and the car's shadow - tell another story... :P Oh, and I like the 'ST-R' logo in the preview picture.

It looks very, very good!! Simple looking, but very effective, with nice use of noise!! Its right on the spot!! And like -S4- said, the logo of the ST-R in preview is quite nice!! 👍 Very creative presentation once more 👍 :)

Love it. Clean, natural, very realistic. What noise percent do you use? I've found myself fluctuating from 1.3-1.7.

I think the way the new Focus looks is growing on me! I never used to like it that much but with this simple but effective livery applied it looks great. I like the contrast between the yellow and red seating and the blue hues of the car. 👍

(click on image for full-size)

Update Info: Another one-image update (I have big stuff planned, I promise), but as this is the most expensive car I've yet bought in-game, I thought it deserved a mention. Wish I could paint the stock rims since they're proper center-locks, but I wanted the look of darker rims for shooting. And the noise... Enjoy!

S4 - It's true, the big white bar is a bit jarring... unfortunately, we're fairly limited for high speed ovals in this game! I probably should've picked Motegi instead, but you know, hind-sight and all that :P

NTX - Thanks again! The presentation is non-existent for this one; it's all about the car, I don't want to distract :D

RG - I already answered you elsewhere, so thanks as always :cheers:

Moglet - Ever since Ford showed the livery I've grown to like the ST more. Still prefer the stock model's front bumper, however.

ISO.7 - I've got so much material to shoot, no worries on that front!

Last edited:
You already get a bonus point for having a Ferrari in your picture. :P

Seriously, I could not find any flaws whatsoever. I like the camera angle, because it gives you a special transition from an exposed foreground to an unexposed background. On the car 'in-between' are many reflections which - especially on the windscreen - support the contrasts. The interior is still visible, which adds to the realistic look of this picture and the amount of noise seems to be fine, as well. Keep 'em coming! :)

Just gorgeous! Looks like pure liquid silver. I've yet to actually buy me a supercar. It would be definitely between the F40, F50, and 97 Diablo when I do.

Very striking silver as said, superb looking F40.

Love the Evora set, favs are the first three pics. What is that faint red yellow mark on left side half way down on the second pic?

Oh dear 👍
Well, you really gave "the look" that deserves the most expensive car you bought Slip!! Loving the silver looks, believe me, and you can see yourself in the mirror just looking at that beast, the paint job is really shining!! :)
WOW!!

Fantastic as always Slip. My favourite has to be the one-77 spoiler shot and love the presentation aswell of all your sets aswell 👍

Back