slipSHOTS: FM4

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 142 comments
That cover is very professional looking. The choice of shots, the placement of text, the limited amount of text used, all look great. Sounds like a great idea and would be happy to help if you went along with this. Anything apart from the actual story writing as i suck at that :P

I enjoy FM4 pics so much more than GT5 right now. Especially with the different and awesome cars here. GT5 really could need some of them. REALLY!

I'm so jelly! :bowdown:

Heh, hello Mitch :)
I saw your comment over in the GTP Photo comps section, noticed your name here as our newest members, and wondered what you'd be looking at. Glad to hear you're liking what you see; I heard about the latest problem for XBox over in Germany though!

To everybody else - I'm just now getting the final touches done to the magazine, so apologies for the delay, but I can say with absolute certainty it's worth the wait. Two things have delayed me: a second job being one, and a lesser, more game-related issue. I had decided to use Nurburgring GP Short as my test course in FM4, and it was to be used for GT5 as well. Turns out the chicane is slightly different between them, which would ruin any attempts at remotely comparable times for the Hangar article. I've since had to figure out a suitable, semi-shortish track that could work between both games, so it means re-testing all 12 cars on either Tsukuba, Laguna, or Suzuka. Tsukuba's too boring for me, Laguna has some differences between games, and Suzuka's too long... if only GT5 had the Suzuka West layout. I suppose TGTT would work too...

After this issue, I'll be discussing the details for those who are interested in contributing. Sit tight!

ImaRobot & flo - I promise you both won't be disappointed :)

Onion - Heh, I think you'll enjoy it, for obvious reasons!

VXR - I thought it might be your kind of thing :D. I had the details of this issue sorted all that time ago, but we'll talk as soon as I get it out the door :cheers:

TVR - In hindsight, you're probably right. Perhaps I'll revisit the car, since it's so fun :D

NTX - Oh, you'll know where to find it :P. I'll also be providing the print-quality files to anybody who PM's me, once it's up - I don't want to make them strictly public, since I imagine they'll be quite a bandwidth hog. So the cost will be... whatever it'd be to print off in A3 sizes and have them bound :P

Stoney - Some hired lens-wielders could be just what we need :D

GT-R - Oh, I think I do... :cheers:

_________________________​

Update Info: Presenting - Rev Magazine. All the details for submissions will be forthcoming, as will the full-size, print-quality files. For now, please be patient, and most importantly: enjoy :)

Stunning work, Slip! As i dont have the time to read it all right now, i will surely get back to it later today!

Would it be possible to package all PDF? It would make it a lot easier to read and navigate.

Also big props you everyone. The Forza GT combo is refreshing, and I personally find in general this is better produced than the magazine done by the guys at GTPlanet. Keep it up!

A PDF is indeed on the way: I just wanted to get some form of it out by this weekend, but once I'm back home, that is the plan :)

Also, I so rudely forgot: Terronium was responsible for the text and images of the Corvette story. GTP user GT-R, obviously enough, took part in an online race with me months ago for the Unlikely Allies story 👍

the-rock-clapping.gif

(Click to be taken to the Issuu Edition)
________________________________​

Here's a bit less clumsy way of navigating: once my webspace issue is sorted out, I'll have somewhere reliable to host the PDF itself :)

Thank you so much for the kind words, everyone: glad it's going over well :cheers:

OMG Slipz, I can totally understand why you dont do GT5 shots anymore (or not that much).......all those pictures look gorgeous. And your magazine!? :bowdown:

Back