slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
What a Beautiful Set love the colors and the road looks stunning.Brilliant work .I am sure you are busy but how about a return to the Photo comps ?

Oh Slipz, you just made me pick up my GT1 copy and start playing again XD Fantastic set. And the Mclaren update is simply brilliant...love the colors.I wish my shots were this good XD

that's a great set. i really miss the gt4 photomode locations too. the ones we have are okay, but nothing beats the gt4 locations and
the way we can just pause the replay and just adjust the composition. with gt5, it's very limited now. it looks like pd poured all the
realism into that instead of the driving physics.

Daaaaaamn that's nice! Every single photo stands out on it's own, put them together as a set and you've got a winner all round. What colour paint is that BTW? It's beautiful!

Wonderful update, shot 5 has to be my favorite, it seriously looks like it's straight out of a magazine (which I assume is what you were going for ;))

check out my gallery sometime! ;)

I managed to saw the GT1 Memorial earlier when released, but didn't had the opportunity to comment on it.
I have to say, it's amazing and I like how minimalistic some of the shots look, alluding to GT1 (though I never played it).
My favorite has to be the Mazda, it has some pretty amazing tones and car color looks really nice.

This new update, it's something else. Can't really pick a favorite since they are all so good. Each shot has it's own 'personality' and feeling to it and they are pretty much spot on on composition. :drool:

Now, and in another note, I didn't really knew evo. magazine had that same errors * but they seem so out of place. And the text not being justified really difficult the reading. But yes, lots of magazines have these problems *.

*I address them as errors and problems because to me, they just seem out of place, or maybe I like things all tidily and symmetric. :confused:

Last edited:

full

full

full

full

(click on images for full-size)
_________________________​

Update Info: Well, I won't be making it to the next round of the Tourney, so here's a handful of leftovers from the shoot with the F40. PSN being down hampered me; I just wanted the right time of day for the set, not the rain, but without online, I couldn't set these things, having to rely on Arcade Mode's randomization. Oh well. It's inspired by the old Pilot F40 LM that ran in the BPR series in '95 (Google Image Search here), so I hope that explains it. This also marks the 3rd time an F40's shown up in the gallery... so maybe I should give it a bit of a break :lol:.

Oh, and there is a bonus 3rd image in there. Enjoy!

BMXMitch - Heh, thanks, it's weird that you and ceiling_fan have suggested the same thing in the last week ;). I create the presentation images based on whatever mood I'm in or influences I've seen recently, that can at least slightly relate to the subject. This one, for example, was inspired by some movie covers in my collection.

Ashes - :). I like using tabs because I like having the gallery as an interactive object for people. Having to click the tabs encourages people to view full-size, especially since they don't know what they're in for đź‘Ť

Sems - ...maybe :D

Yui-san - Good to see you around! Yeah, I played some GT1 to get some better first-hand reminders of what I was aiming for (can't trust the memory after all these years). It's a tiny game, but it's still a bunch of fun!

Zambuca - You're too kind!

jgda9rs - Yeah, I do miss the old locations, and certain aspects of the old Photomode. It certainly was a lot quicker than this one, from setting up shots to transferring to PC (especially that last one). However, one nice thing is being able to shoot in a replay without having to save the replay first for multi-car shoots. That I can appreciate!

Moglet - I'm glad to get such positive responses from this, because part of the reason it sat for so long was because I was unsure how I felt about it. And FishyJuice got it - Fire Black, definitely one of the nicest colours available for the MP4.

NBDesignz - :cheers:

Dylans1o - Thanks, but... what do you mean?

C_F - :lol:, that I was! But those magazine layouts are on vacation for the time being. There was a bit more planned for the MP4... but I'll leave that for now... :D

TVR - I enjoy that one a lot too; it's hard to get the road texture to turn out well, I find.

Rossticles - Imageshack might've had a hiccup, but it all works fine now đź‘Ť

Luis - Yeah, I was struck by the sparseness of GT1, so it showed up a lot in the images, glad you caught that. The Mazda was a ton of fun to drive, I just wish my stripes could be transferred to the game! As for Evo... yeah, trust me, I feel the same about symmetry and tidy lines, so the odd image sizes always throws me off. The problem is, when the images are cropped to the centre line all the time, it comes off as kind of boring and sterile, page after page, so maybe that's why they do it? Full-justified text always struck me as too newspaper-like, but yeah, I'm gonna work on fixing that a bit better whenever the next magazine layout shows up. Glad to get some detailed feedback from you đź‘Ť

Last edited:
hehe, I first didn't really like the blue on your F40 (not that I didn't vote for your shot because of the color!) but now, I really starting to love it. Your pics just make me love it. You even could put matte pink on it..well, no maybe not! :D

And also, the bonus pic is my favorite. Absolutely beautiful:drool:

Astonishing Update .That Blue Tone is lovely,I would how ever question why you didn't enter any of the last shots instead of your Tournee entry.I feel they are better (Just my 2 cents anyway)

They are all pretty great and from all, I still prefer the tournament entry. Sadly, Rev. entry is also astonishing. One of the best match for me. đź‘Ť

Great shots man. I don't think I've seen a shot in here that I didn't think was awesome, this kind of stuff is the reason why i started taking pics in GT5.

If you could, would you be able to stop by my gallery and possibly offer some advice? Thanks.

Very nicely done đź‘Ť My favorite has to be shot 1, even though I'm usually not too fond of the headlight sparklies. :P Inspires me to attempt to make a panel... :mischievous:

slipshots presents
Magazine Article: The Hangar (June 2011)

(click on images for full-size)
_________________________​

Update Info: So after a few suggestions, I've retooled the magazine layout to be more my own. Though really, it's minimal - it's still very much influenced by Evo. I can't help it, I like their style! This is in the form of a long-term test update, though because of how long it would've taken, I've limited it to only four cars. I may do this on a monthly basis now that I have a nice easy template handy :D

The bonuses? The dozen images used to create this, all available at normal size. Enjoy!

Grand Prix - Thanks, it's really grown on me, just wish we had aero mod opportunities for the F40 :(

Mitch - I don't think I'll take you up on that challenge ;). The last image is an easy one to recreate, and I feel like they've been done too much, which is why I didn't use it for the tournament.

Sems - It's good to hear other opinions! I preferred the tourney entry, but wanted to show off what I considered the also-rans. I almost used that first one, but liked the way I could work with the lighting in my actual entry more. The Karussell shot is ruined to me by my sloppy framing (the bottom edge). And my reason for not using the third is above :)

Nick - Yeah, same here. I knew Rev would be a tough opponent, and he proved me right!

SVX and FosterG - Thank you both!

Ashes - Red is boring! Glad I included the second one, then, since I was sort of iffy on it!

TVR - I figured you would ;)

Fishy - Ah, maybe I should've used that one somewhere, then? Heh, I'll have to keep it in mind...

Hemi - Thank you sir :cheers:. I just now took a look around your gallery, and I'll be checking in more often, definitely :)

Dylan - Doh, I understand now! Those are a lot of fun, though a bit tricky to set up, especially if you try it on an actual track. There are methods to make it easier, though...

CF - Do it! Panels, or magazine layouts, are a ton of fun, and show the images in a whole new light. It's good practice for me, too. I'm not normally a fan of the headlight effect either, but I figured it worked that one time ;)

F458 - Thanks!

Last edited:
:drool: Wow That is one hell of an update Beuatifull Shots This is saved on my PC now brilliant yet again Slips .:bowdown:

Back