slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
Rev - Verde Ithaca is already on another of my Lambos, and not the car it originally came on either :D. That one will have to be shot soon, as that green really is an awesome, awesome colour. Third shot is one I continually kept going back to; technically, I guess it and #6 are similar, but I liked that there was less overt light on #3, since like you said, it picks up the attention to detail (like the panel gaps, and the little strips of red in the top part of the light). Glad you like it!

Aah heheh, I was inspired enough by your Gallardo update that I went and built a Superleggera of my own, dressed in Verde Ithaca (and an expensive paint job that was, now I have a spare LP640 >.>) and with weight reduction and other trimmings. That colour truly is awesome. I shan't photograph it just yet, but I have plans for it nonetheless...

On to the Scuderia... Rome is one of my very favourite circuits in GT5, and the Scud feels right at home there. The yellow faded tone suits well. My favourites are the last horizontal shot, and the three verts. They're just the extra little details, the icing on the cake. Very nice!

Speedemon - Heh, I've got so many real shows in my queue ;). I forgot, I did watch their Ayrton piece during the summer, as it was utterly epic 👍.

Rev - Excellent :D. Perhaps a meeting of the SL's is in order? I can't wait to see what you do with it, since it really is the perfect colour for the car. As for Rome, I'm not normally a fan of the city tracks, but Rome is definitely growing on me. That downhill S feels awesome when you nail it just right.

TVR - It's always number two ;).

Update Info: - My Bobteam (now with 100% more M. Schumacher and E. Ferrari, and somewhat more bizarrely... G. Oh, and U. Kok) are busy running the heck out of enduros in an effort to get to a certain milestone by the end of the weekend, but I'll be collecting the rest of what I need for tomorrow's update at some point tonight or tomorrow morning. It actually will be different!

Christmas Special Part I: Evo Article

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: I'm on my way out for a family thing, so I can't explain much... click for full-sizers. Yes, I realize they're not in the right order if they were to be printed ;). Part 2 will be up in the next few days, and with it, full-sizes of assorted images used in the articles. Writing and photos by me, but used some character names for the heck of it. Enjoy!

Last edited:
It takes something special to stand out in this gallery, but you've done it. Absolutely fantastic 👍

Ooooh, now this is cool. Love your choice of locations and angles so that it seems as though you're simply driving around country roads rather than racetracks. (Am I right in assuming the first location is a track-creator one? I've never seen it before!)
Your writing style is captivating, the photos match the story to a tee. Can't wait for part two!

This is insane! Such a great idea! Indesign I assume? I use those long strokes with gradient (radial) feathers all the time in the ads I design for work! Great job man!

This is insane! Such a great idea! Indesign I assume? I use those long strokes with gradient (radial) feathers all the time in the ads I design for work! Great job man!

I used those strokes once in a while too 👍

I can't believe Slipz has so much passion making few pages layout like this. Not to mention writing the article by himself. I really enjoy the photos on first two pages with great layout to match. A serious bowdown to you sir :bowdown:

I can't believe Slipz has so much passion making few pages layout like this. Not to mention writing the article by himself. I really enjoy the photos on first two pages with great layout to match. A serious bowdown to you sir :bowdown:

I'll make these words mine.

This is huge. It's much more than just taking some pictures in photomode. It's real talent on a much bigger level.

Can't wait for part 2.

Oh, and the "Superleggera"... Also epic.

Congrats.

EDIT: And this week's GT5 Photomode Competition... I should have figured. ;)

Last edited:
Christmas Special Part 2: Evo Article

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: Click here for Part 1! The story wraps up, just in time for Christmas. Enjoy :).

Oh, and about the first page: There's another copy with actual padding in there if it were to be printed. However, since these are just being viewed on computer screens, I thought a widened, double-badged Integra wasn't really needed ;).

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to everybody. I'm glad I finally put the time aside to do this!

Touring Mars - :cheers:

Rev - You would be correct; Mt. Aso provides a lot of country-ish roads, so I've used it for a great deal of personal enjoyment so far. Hope you like this one just as much!

RG - Heh, for some odd reason, I'm a sucker for punishment, and stuck with Photoshop for most of it. It just seemed easier to me, since I had whipped up some templates on my own. I need to spend more time with InDesign!

Pierced - Photos took maybe 45min to collect and edit, the set up of templates and writing probably brought the total to 6 hours all in.

Franz and Luis - Thanks you guys :P. I've realized over time that this is what I want to do, so I'm slowly heading in that direction.

Diabolical - :D. Thanks, like I mentioned above, it's taken me a while to figure out what I want to do with myself, but I think this is direction I want. Mind you, preferably with real cars in the future!

725 - Your avatar is too similar to DM's, I thought it was a double post when I was half-asleep earlier! Thanks mate :)

P.S. To those who may not check, I've put my newly-won X2010 up as a prize for whoever ends up winning this week's 2.0 competition. Hit the thread here for details!

Last edited:
Aah, part two! Quite a good read. You clearly know the Nurgburgring far better than I. :P
It does look and feel just like a bought magazine, you've done an excellent job. The appearance of the M3 was a nice surprise too. Did you write the text before taking the photos, or vice-versa?

SImply brilliant and class Kyle .Alot of effort by you but great idea and brilliantly excuted .👍

Kudos to you then if these are done in photoshop! I'm so used to doing spreads in InDesign, photoshop would have drove me crazy setting these up lol. Great work on these man, resumé material 👍

Your work is amazing, so professional and clean looking. Every photo is a work of art. You definitely know what you're doing, very inspirational.

Back