slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
That's amazingly accurate to the kind of lay-outs one sees in actual magazines. Do you work for one? If not I must imagine the amount of magazines you've read. There's just nothing else I can say apart from the beautiful design your magazine has, and of course the quality of each individual image 👍

Thank you so much for the kind response guys - I can't wait to open up submissions to the community, though that could take a week. However, as of now, to make it slightly easier to thumb through the issue:

(Click to be taken to the Issuu Edition)
________________________________​

Also, I forgot to mention the thank you's that made this one possible! Terronium-12 both wrote and provided the images for the Corvette article, while GT-R (nee Magic Racer) is the obvious, er, GT-R. We met up for some fun online a few months back and this was from the replay.

Thanks again, everyone :cheers:

Just amazing work Slip going through the pages felt like reading a real magazine. Great work and detail from your crew, the best thing on GTP right now 👍. I can't wait for the next issue!

According to tradition, I will now review your latest Photomode release in the form of the REV Issue 01.

First things first, the cover. As you (hopefully) remember, I have reviewed it already. For those of you who have not read it - click here.

The index (or table of contents, as you actually call it in the magazine). Not much to say here: Everything is clearly arranged and the pictures provide a good insight into what's to come - is the rest of the magazine (at least) on par with this? We will see... On the side, note that I like the use of the term 'edwords' - nothing 'revolutionary' but I like it.

I do not want to go much into the articles, because everyone should see for themselves if they like them or not. I, for one, like them (especially the 'V12 Vantage vs. R8 V10' one, but that's just personal preference) - they revalue the images because they deliver more insight into... well, read for yourself.

The pictures themselves... oh, where to begin?! Let's see...

What I've found with your images is that they all have a good colour balance. Now, some may think that it's easy to get such from GT5 - and, to a certain degree, I will agree. But what makes your images special is that while you get a nice contrast, you, at the same time, are able to get good lighting and there are no oversaturated shadows, as well. To some, it may sound like a minor (and even unimportant) detail, but I'll just say: go and try getting a good contrast without losing a fair amount of lighting and having the shadows become too dark.

In some pictures, this is more obvious than in others (Toyota 86 [pages 5 and 6], Mini Countryman [pages 7 and 8], Pagani Huayra [pages 11 and 12; 18 (absolutely love this one!)], Corvette ZR1 [pages 19 and 20], Vantage and R8 [pages 25 and 26], Mazda MX-5 [page 31], Lotus Exige [page 36]), but you get the idea.

Other than that, everything seems to be fine - the camera angles improve the diversity and focal lengths are good, too.

That's all for now. If you want more feedback on specific images (or even all), let me know and I'll take another look at them. :)

Last edited:
What can be said that hasn't been said already...amazing work bud. Road and Track/Car and Driver - they've got nothing on you.

I read the whole thing without even getting bored for one second!
Absolutly staggering reviews and work put in by you guys!

What would I give, to become a part of the team! Almost everything quite literally.
I cannot grasp on how awesome this was! :drool:

slipshots presents

(click on images for full-size)

_________________________​

Update Info: I haven't forgotten my gallery! Here's a quick re-cap of my Tournament stuff: I'm really still a bit surprised to have won, but figured it could easily be repackaged for a life support supplement in here ;). A huge thank you to everyone involved! I've finally caved and brought my PC with me to the city, so hopefully, I can get back into the swing of things more often. Anyways, enjoy!

Responses to the first issue of Rev: I'll group most of them together and just say thank you, to everyone, and I'm glad you all enjoyed it so much. It rarely felt like work, and when it did, the best sort of work, and I'm just glad to be able to share it with undoubtedly one of the best communities out there 👍

T12 - You presume correct, it seems :lol:

Bram Turismo - Actually, I do not, but I'd love to. Turns out it's a bit harder to get your foot in the door than I thought, though...

SMfan - All told? Well, if you count everything from the basic sketches, to collecting the photos, editing them, creating the layouts, and writing, I'd say there's probably about 2 hours of work per page. That sounds about right :)

GT-R - What's left to say? Thanks, as always, for the absolute best, most in-depth reviews :cheers:. I really should spill the beans on my editing approach; it's really quite basic, and usually can be done in about 5 minutes tops!

20832 - While it's now quite delayed, I am hoping to get Rev 02 out for an August release. If I get more than a handful of free hours during the week, I'll be sifting through my notes and getting a proper submission/team thread ready. As much as I like Rev as a personal project, I'd much rather see it evolve into a living, breathing collaboration between GTP users :)

Almost there. Head to a dream garage, somewhere between 39 and 911.

Last edited:
[...]

GT-R - What's left to say? Thanks, as always, for the absolute best, most in-depth reviews :cheers:. I really should spill the beans on my editing approach; it's really quite basic, and usually can be done in about 5 minutes tops!

[...]

Thank you. :embarrassed: It does not matter what you do, it just works.

No need to review the pictures above; I think that the results of the Tournament speak for themselves - a deserved win! 👍

:cheers:

Superbly well thought out and composed shots followed up with expertly executed editing - it's no wonder you reign supreme champion of the tournament this season. The two 'open' entries of your qualifier and final round shots are the standouts for me here. Unrestricted by a theme your full creative talent comes to the fore. :bowdown: Congrats again! :)

Thank you very much for all the well-wishes guys, even though I'm now two months late saying it! It was quite a shock to win the Tournament; I've probably entered about 9 or 10 by now, including GT4!

Go take a look at the first post: I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! It was something that was meant to be done in the summer, but finally convinced myself to wrap it up and get it out there. Enjoy the menu! :D

So, two months have passed... and still no new stuff for the foreseeable future, sadly. I've got Rev's second issue in the works, since the move delayed it more than expected, but school has also kicked it to the back burner. I really want to provide some sort of new content in here, so hopefully, I can whip up something quick in the near future. Thanks for all the support, as always :cheers:

Outstanding effort again and yet again, Kyle. Everything is clearly arranged and seeing how you've even taken screenshots of individual layouts/presentations, there's not much I can do other than to take my hat off to you. This, again, proves that you are one of the best GT5 photographers and I wholeheartedly thank you for taking the time to share your great work with the community!

:cheers:

So silky smooth and slick, well thought out and executed. A very fitting introduction to your gallery. Amazing! 👍 :bowdown:

slipshots presents

8304355504_56caee152a_o.jpg

(click on images for full-size)

_________________________​

Update Info: A day late, a buck short; here is a small little bit of celebration for GT's 15th anniversary. Look how far we've come!

A Happy Ho-Ho to all of you, may you have a safe, festive holiday with your loved ones :cheers:

Last edited:
First!

To :drool: onto your masterpiece! :sly: That is some remastering there!
See ya next year, Kyle!

Back