Slow drift cars/drifting

• Thread starter ACGreen86
  • 60 comments
So will I get flamed if I say I'm starting to like how 800hp viper feels? And tuning the gears is a good way tp adjust the speed, but you can go faster without tuning your gears anyway. How do I go faster then I normally would? Why common logic. Drift in a higher gear.

Gonales can go to Japan and tell the D1 drifters they suck for using 600-700 HP cars. xD

If I meet someone and they tell me they need more than 600 HP to drift succesfully, I'l tell them whatever I think. THat's who I am. ;)

If I meet someone and they tell me they need more than 600 HP to drift succesfully, I'l tell them whatever I think. THat's who I am. ;)

How do you need 600+ Hp to drift? They must suck at tuning, or something you should be able to drift just fine with 240 Hp...

How do you need 600+ Hp to drift? They must suck at tuning, or something you should be able to drift just fine with 240 Hp...

Yo can't drift long corners with 240hp, and then i mean long corners, mabey yo can to it with some noob setup with 10 camber

HP has no indication on drifting ability or speed. Torque can have an effect, but it is one of many many factors and is not necessary if the other factors are in place. No "noob" setup required. It's just a number, and there are many numbers that come together to form a good drift car.

More power can help with drifting, like a crutch helps someone rehabilitate walking, but you can't run, or drift, at the limits if you can't even walk on your own.

This thread has two parts, and then I make excuses for how bad I am. First I'd like to know the communities position on slow drifting. I have been accused lately of being 'too slow' and I have been catching a lot of negativity because of it. If it is someones preferred style to drift in a slow and deliberate manner, is it really a bad thing? I'd like to know your feelings on this.
-A humble plea from an aspiring drifter-

My favourite drift car, Toyota Supra, is quite slow because of it's weight but you might find it useful to practice the maximum amount of speed out of a corner, because you might be able to squeeze out a little more speed in your drifting.

My favourite drift car, Toyota Supra, is quite slow because of it's weight but you might find it useful to practice the maximum amount of speed out of a corner, because you might be able to squeeze out a little more speed in your drifting.

When done right they are fast ;)

slow? damn... I should reconsider what my fastest drift cars are.

But back on topic as for fast drifters. The festest guy I know is rsgriff... Hands down. I usually hate when people just focus on speed but this guy is incredibly fast. I can keep up with most but that guy is always in vtec lol.

When it comes to being fast, the're a few guys I know who claim to have good speed line and angle... Speed yes, Line yes, angle... not much. It takes a lot to be all three. I have only seen a few with all 3 consistently.

Any car can be fast with the right tune. But there is a difference when you try to compare it with cars that are known to be fast even stock. Camaro for example is a fast car not because of the tune but because the stock suspension and drivetrain makes this car fast. Each car in the game has different characteristics no matter if you put an aftermarket suspension. A fast car means a car that it is faster than your average lets say supra.

Balance is a term used to loosely on this forum I've realized.

Last edited:
To me "slow drifting" means higher angle, or the guy calling you slow just has a grippier compound tyre than you in a faster drift car. Slow drifting is not an issue to me, it means a drifter is closer to the point of spinning and not having enough speed. I was drifting a Hachiroku once with high angle and was ridiculed for being too slow. If you can drift slow then I'm fine with that, slow drift tandems can be quite fun

As for fast and slow cars, the AE86, S13 and most older JDM cars are slow drifters. As for fast drift cars, a vehicle with the most downforce and right power balance will be fastest. You need enough power to keep the wheels spinning but not enough so that you never stop smoking. A tuned car of about 350 to 400hp seems to be the fastest cars. Then again, my fastest drifter is my 550 hp Supra (with added downforce).

I don't really mind drifting with slow cars. I drift with the AE86 Trueno/Levin when I just started using my wheel. I usually tandem with slow cars with my Nissan 300zx and I like slow cars very much:) I learn a lot from underpowered cars.

Slow cars = more fun for me. Drifting around in a vette or viper or any other over powered car just doesn't do it for me.

I love cars that you need to ''kick'' into a turn , Pedal to the Metal everywhere that's why I only use my Trusty Miata :D
But drifting with a even slower car then a Miata like AE86 is not nice, I want to have a challenge to hunt faster cars like a BMW and do Crazy speed entrys so you can catch that guy who thinks Miatas are slow and just drift solo instead.
Fun is the only reason you play Video Games ,so do everything you can to make it FUN.
Don't see why people drift Supra's you don't need anything to get it to slide , no flick ,weight transfer just push the gas and it's sideways and that's no fun at all for me. Everyone (on wheel) should agree with me in that besides those comp guys who are angry all day anyway.

Last edited:
I can only do some proper drifting in my Holden or 5 Turbo. And it's definitely slow drifting. :dopey:

Anybody can drift those cars.

Just do whatever floats your boat.

The Enfini Rx7 is fun. I love it, Ive been finding myself using a Amuse S2000 and EU 350z. They all get alot of angle and are REALLY fun to use.

I love my 300zx I get massive angle in this car. Shame the ds3 drifters can't match it and end up bumping me lol. I'm not blaming them though I blame the ds3 ha ha.

I love my 300zx I get massive angle in this car. Shame the ds3 drifters can't match it and end up bumping me lol. I'm not blaming them though I blame the ds3 ha ha.

Just depends on who is on the DS 3 ;)

Dude drift slow drift fast if someone wants to tandem you they will get in a car to match you if not then they are probably a noob or just an a**hole so don't worry man you drift nostalgic cars me I like a bit of speed with angle due to using a wheel and crazy entries, I'm not consistent because I don't try to be drifting is about you're expression its not about racing, unless that's determined by the two in the tandem. I use the ISF and can still tandem with my teammate in his180sx. Does that mean I'm slow or he's fast no it just shows we have similar styles of driving and can match no matter what 2 cars we pair up. Drift what you like and be good at it, its not always a competition haha.

This.

Personally i love to tandem in slower cars too, you can get really close to the leading car. And to be honest im not pro level but i can tandem well add me so we can drift together.

I love cars that you need to ''kick'' into a turn .

Yup, fun as hell.

I usually have my cars to drift fast and less angle at times. If I need to match it I just hit the handbrake but that's if I'm in competition. Usually when I'm in open lobbies I use a slow drift car (well a car with low hp) and stock weight just because its funnier and easier to tandem in my opinion.

I'm also just so biased in using cars under 300 HP o_o

Latest Posts

Back