*SMALL* things that PD could implement in GT6

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 160 comments
Switzerland
Switzerland
Yeah, it's that thread again :lol:
Hoping this one has more success, even though several things in the GT5 thread eventually made it to GT6, like:
- Ability to stay in the dealership while buying cars
- More lobby options
- Better replay controls
- Ability to add a small description to Replays
- A wider selection of rims
- Ability to know who is in the pits
- Ability to access the current car by clicking on its name in the top of the screen (sort of, there's the Start button now)

(and probably more)

Hi guys! With this thread I want to make a list of small and easy additions/fixes/things that PD could bring to GT6. You don't have to be a programmer to guess which features could be easy to implement.

DO NOT ask for:
- Generally, things that are already in the first pages of the Suggestions/Kaz Q&A forums :D PDI already knows what are the most requested features
- Things that would require modeling/recording etc. (new cars, tracks, audio etc.)
- Things that would require additional licensing (sponsors, songs, etc.)
- Things that would require rebalancing of single-player races
- Performance improvements (framerate/graphics/etc.)
- Change of design choices ("all cars available in Arcade Mode from the beginning" ain't gonna happen, sorry guys)
- New animations
- Livery Editor/Event Creator/etc. (GT7 - BELIEVE)

DO ASK for:
- little things that would improve your enjoyability of the game

--------

-THE LIST-

Arcade
- Mechanical damage
- Fuel/tire wear
- Corner cutting penalties
- Full 16-car grid
- Ability to choose the number of laps in the pre-race menu
- Ability to set weather, time-of-day and rate of time change in split-screen

Cars
- Better implementation of Daytime Running Lamps
- Ability to keep headlights on without keeping the button pressed
- Numberplates on Standard cars

Censorship
- *********************************** (seriously though, fix the censorship: don't censor the whole sentence in lobbies, don't censor innocent words such as Tsukuba and many others...)

Community/Online features
- Ability to see a club's Member List (on both game and browser, and not only to the owner of the club) Sort of done ✓
- Ability to sort room results in club events (i.e. only one leaderboard with every results)
- Importing all statistics under "Status" to the website, under "My Page"
- Join a friend's lobby (like GT5)

Custom Parts
- Greying out the custom body/wheels option for cars that can't have bodykits or wheels changed
- Ability to add front splitter/dive planes etc. one at a time

Dealership
- Add a ✓ to colours already owned
- Ability to choose the colour of the car and the colour of the interior separately
- Reset the HP values for LMP cars so that they have what they ran at LM

Gameplay
- Separatecollision penalties and shortcut penalties (we want online races with only shortcut penalties, yay)
- Fix the excessively long intro time of certain races (the "rolling start" intro)
- Pause the game if the gamepad disconnects
- Option to turn off auto-replay after a race
- An "universal" assist option (not all of us use TCS at 5, ya know)
- Bring back GT5 tyre load indicator
- "Skip song" button
- Ability to keep user BGM when joining a mics-enabled room
- Bring back SSRX Speed Test
- More HUD options
- Separate refueling and tire changes during pit stops

Garage
- Drop down menu for manufacturers (Japan > click > *reveal all Japanese manufactures*)
- More sorting options (model name, car usage Done ✓ etc.) and filtering options (race cars/normal cars etc.)
- Search button
- Ability to save sorting method Done ✓
- Ability to choose random car
- Rotating car view (only in garage, not on the Start button garage)
- Ability to create folders for cars, and name them (that "Favourite" tab is not enough)

My Home
- More stats on the "Status" screen (i.e.: mileage for all tracks)

Paint shop
- Option to turn stripes on/off on cars that come with them, or paint them

Photomode
- Camera gridlines
- Neutral environment (i.e. that "Studio" photo location, or the garage one)

Pit Service
- Show PP/HP change when changing oil and engine repairs
- Ability to zoom/rotate camera

Tuning
-Add units to the downforce numbers in the tuning menu (is it 400/650 kg at 300km/h? Or 400/650 lbs at 120 mph?)

Hope you guys like the idea :D

Last edited:
No. More. Auto. Replay. PLEASE!!!.....:D
Other than that, I'll need a heck of a lot more space than here...

This. so. much.

Especially when it's one of those "fake" replays where you can't even take pictures, so you need to exit the replay and then go to the "real" replay where you can take pictures and the sort.

Perhaps darkening the custom body/wheels option for cars that can't have bodykits or wheels changed, instead of entering the respective options and having the game tell you "you can't change X of this car".

Super-easy things for PD to implement in GT6:

-standing starts
-mechanical damage
-fuel/tire wear
-corner cutting penalties
All the things above are already in the game but are only available online, basic things like that should be available in all game modes including offline.

-collisions off in online lobbies (availalbe in time trial but not in races).
-being able to access all our garage cars in all game modes (in arcade mode we're limited to only 100 cars in a very poorly design favorites list that cannot be sorted in any way).
-full 16-car grid in all game modes (full grid is available in some career races but not in arcade races).
-all cars available as courtesy cars in arcade and online modes (we can access all cars in the dealership, this should be easy to program).

No. More. Auto. Replay. PLEASE!!!.....:D
Other than that, I'll need a heck of a lot more space than here...
Oh god, yes. Especially because, as Lucas says, there's no photomode button.

Perhaps darkening the custom body/wheels option for cars that can't have bodykits or wheels changed, instead of entering the respective options and having the game tell you "you can't change X of this car".
That's actually a very good idea, perfect for this thread :)

FS7
Super-easy things for PD to implement in GT6:

-standing starts
-mechanical damage
-fuel/tire wear
-corner cutting penalties
All the things above are already in the game but are only available online, basic things like that should be available in all game modes including offline.

-collisions off in online lobbies (availalbe in time trial but not in races).
-being able to access all our garage cars in all game modes (in arcade mode we're limited to only 100 cars in a very poorly design favorites list that cannot be sorted in any way).
-full 16-car grid in all game modes (full grid is available in some career races but not in arcade races).
-all cars available as courtesy cars in arcade and online modes (we can access all cars in the dealership, this should be easy to program).
About standing starts, I fear they chose not to have them (offline) because it's too easy to come in 1st position at the first turn. We had them in GT5 1.00 and they took them out, sadly I don't think we are going to get standing starts back anytime soon. Also there could be performance issues (the game already has tearing and fps drops with one car, imagine 16 cars at the first corner) - but that's just my opinion.

About garage/all cars available as courtesy cars, I fear that's a design choice :( doesn't matter if they are already in the dealership (in GT5 they were in the game code after all), I don't think PD is gonna change that.

Last edited:
The who is in the pits ability is already in. I have notice this on the S events recently.
While it doesn't show everyone but it does say PIT next to the driver/player. (can post pic if needed)

About standing starts, I fear they chose not to have them (offline) because it's too easy to come in 1st position at the first turn.
PD could do like every other racing game developer has been doing for the past decade and try to implement decent AI + the option to adjust AI difficulty (AI pace) so that it's somewhat close to the player's pace.
Also, they could give players the option to choose the car & tires for each AI opponent in arcade races + the option to choose starting grid position.

The first option might take more work but the second one should be fairly easy to implement through a patch and would make arcade races more challenging & interesting.

The who is in the pits ability is already in. I have notice this on the S events recently.
While it doesn't show everyone but it does say PIT next to the driver/player. (can post pic if needed)
That's part of the "old whishlist" of features that eventually made it to GT6.
The new list starts after that (look for the bold) :D

FS7
PD could do like every other racing game developer has been doing for the past decade and try to implement decent AI + the option to adjust AI difficulty (AI pace) so that it's somewhat close to the player's pace.
Also, they could give players the option to choose the car & tires for each AI opponent in arcade races + the option to choose starting grid position.

The first option might take more work but the second one should be fairly easy to implement through a patch and would make arcade races more challenging & interesting.
ha, true that.
Second option sounds good, not sure they'll pull it off but we can hope :D

Not again.... How many threads are we going to see with these kind of wishlists and the assumption that is is easy to implement?

Will it ever end? Will we ever be safe?

Adding turbos to ALL cars. Muscle, exotic, etc. Why can't we?!

Having the option to remove or keep the factory decals on a car after painting it would also be pretty great.

Also, being able to gift cars like in GT5. I had a friend get the game not pretty late, and I couldn't really do much to help him. Let us gift cars and don't cap it to one gift per day, that was annoying.

Last edited:
Not again.... How many threads are we going to see with these kind of wishlists and the assumption that is is easy to implement?

Will it ever end? Will we ever be safe?
No, there are certain things that are without a doubt easy to implement.
We are not asking for Livery Editor, better texture, improved engine sounds. I bet PD can surely add a gridline to the photo camera or make me see my club member list from my PS3.

This thread is for this kind of things. Things that would be invisible next to more important things like the ones in the Suggestions forum, yet they could improve the user experience for someone. If the interest from the community is there.

Lucas' suggestion about greying out the custom body part options for cars that can't have them is exactly the kind of thing I'd like to see. Just like the that was added in GT5 next to the cars already bought.

I asked a mod if I could open the thread, he gave me the ok so I did.
And if these things are not doable on GT6/PS3, they'll probably be doable on GT7/PS4. It's still feedback after all.

Don't want to sound rude, but don't like it? Don't post : P

Last edited:
The easiest thing they should implement is a Spellchecker... They have had to release a few Hotfixes to correct bad spelling and grammar in seasonal's, car descriptions and even names of cars.

YZF
Don't know how easy will that be, given the multitude of cars. Does it affects every car in the game? It could require some time to test them all, I think...?
But good work, I definitely support your thread 👍 should be higher up on the list.

CUSTOM EVENT CREATOR
ehhh, let's keep it real guys :)
Just minor things, like UI improvements, stuff that's already in the game but not everywhere for some strange reason, etc.

Most of the "cool stuff" missing is already listed on the Suggestions forum/Kaz Q&A.

Fix garage limit of 500cars or at least fix the check mark for the cars we already bought.
Put PP/HP change when changing oil and engine repairs
Select a friend and join his lobby (like in gt5)
Ability to sort garage by model name, car usage (km) (like in gt5)
Ability to do one-make online races with ANY CAR we want

(And I know I'm forgetting 1000 more silly things)

Oh and change those seasonals a bit! Just putting grid start instead of launched start would change the damn routine...

Implement tire and fuel wear in offline, it's already exist online, the gauges already account for it.

Can't see any technical reason for it not being implemented in most of the offline events.
S class events run full 16 car grids with full weather effects on, tire and fuel wear.

Last edited:
- Add a zoom option when you see your car in full screen in GT Auto and use the same mechanics in gallery view (I mean the ability to move the camera).
- Add a for the colours you already have (for the collectors)
- Increase the number of trials times saved from 10 to 25 (or better 100)
- In Arcade the ability to choose the number of laps in the track options

I feel like I've for asked this a million times, but:

-Change the wear rates and grip levels on all the racing tires so that they're balanced with each other in long races (the grippiest tire dominates currently)

-Separate refueling and tire changes during pit stops

-Reset the hp values for LMP cars so that they have what they ran at LM. No, turning the power limiter down is not the same with the flat power curves.

-Change the fuel tank limits on A LOT of cars. Most cars in the game have 100L. For example, Fisker Karma has 20L or something like that.

-Add units to the downforce numbers in the tuning menu.

Don't know how easy will that be, given the multitude of cars. Does it affects every car in the game? It could require some time to test them all, I think...?
But good work, I definitely support your thread 👍 should be higher up on the list.

ehhh, let's keep it real guys :)
Just minor things, like UI improvements, stuff that's already in the game but not everywhere for some strange reason, etc.

Most of the "cool stuff" missing is already listed on the Suggestions forum/Kaz Q&A.
It has been already implemented in Gt5. Remember the secret menu? :)

Back