*SMALL* things that PD could implement in GT6

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 160 comments
You don't need endless amounts of time to get money in the game.
Any amount of time spent "grinding", to earn fake money to buy fake cars, is completely wasted IMO. The early money glitch was a Godsend that kept me playing GT6 for a while and I avoided any sort of grinding whatsoever. Bought literally every car I wanted in the game, many duplicates of $20Mill cars to see if I ever needed cash and never looked back. You reach a certain point in your life when you realize just how valuable each minute or each hour is and the very last thing on my list is self mutilation. Just above that is "grinding" for cars. You accept it, others do, I don't. To each his own I guess.

Any amount of time spent "grinding", to earn fake money to buy fake cars, is completely wasted IMO. The early money glitch was a Godsend that kept me playing GT6 for a while and I avoided any sort of grinding whatsoever. Bought literally every car I wanted in the game, many duplicates of $20Mill cars to see if I ever needed cash and never looked back. You reach a certain point in your life when you realize just how valuable each minute or each hour is and the very last thing on my list is self mutilation. Just above that is "grinding" for cars. You accept it, others do, I don't. To each his own I guess.

I completely agree, specially considering the ridiculous lack of repeatable prize cars a la GT1-GT4. Earning money is annoying and there are too many expensive, awesome cars I have never even touched, let alone driven. Why bother giving us a 250 GTO if we have to grind hours on end to even drive it? Neh...sorry PD, what a stupid design decision.

- Let us set the weather, time of day and rate of time change in split-screen (don't want to be racing in pitch black conditions when just racing for fun). You can already do this in single player, no idea why you can't in split-screen which now supports time change and weather change (just put it under the quick options for player 1 like laps are).
- Option to turn off auto-replay (saves time)
- Better sort options in the favorite selection for arcade (by pp, hp, etc)

Last edited:
Grinding is not a necessity unless you're going for the really expensive machines.

Grinding is not a necessity unless you're going for the really expensive machines.
Well yes, but over the entire year I've owned GT6, the most money I've ever had was ~6 million (I'm at 5.6-ish now). And that's frankly not a lot. I admit I am at best a mediocre driver and I know, I can afford most of the expensive cars (at least the ones I like), but I like to have a lot of money in reserve for seasonals, online races, random and unjustifiably expensive builds, etc.

Anyway, my suggestion would be changing the fuel system to work like in real life (i.e, you don't just get severely reduced power, your engine simply stops running and you get the option to teleport back to the pits). Overheating would be a very major update, I'm sure, but it would nevertheless be awesome. Transmission whine should have its own audio setting, and the dyno graphs in the 'car settings' menu need to have RPMs labelled (the vertical lines) along with the redline. Is peak torque RPM in already? I don't have the game in front of me. If not, it needs to be.
Seriously, all of this could be churned out by PD in a week or two, tops.

Right, grinding is a necessity if you want access to all the content you already paid for.
You're playing a game, any console game requires a certain investment of your time if you want to complete it all. Regardless of whatever content you've paid for. The grinding in GT6 is not even a ginourmous problem now that events with higher payouts have been released.

Last edited:
1. An option to apply or remove stripes on cars. This should be simple to implement for cars that do come with stripes such as the Dodge Viper GTS & Ford GT. I want to keep the stripes on my Viper GTS to have my blue & white stripe viper, but I understand if people want them gone.

2. The ability to paint certain parts of the cars, with the glitch that was present for the Nissan S14 Silvia; it showed that it should be a snap to be able to paint parts of the cars such as the hood & spoilers. I also would like to see stripes paintable. To add onto everything else I said here; how hard is it for PD to allow every car to be paintable? I want to paint my Audi R8 LMS darn it!

3. Damage options for career mode. I don't understand why players can't turn the visual damage off in GT mode or the mechanical damage on when these options exist in the Arcade & online modes.

4. More car options for the garage. I want to an easier way to access the car I want to use rather than just scroll through the car makes or something. Maybe something like a search bar could be implemented for me to get to my car quicker.

5. More liveries for race cars. There's some race cars in the game that have multiple liveries of them in real life and I honestly can't figure out why PD doesn't just try giving more livery options to help differ the race cars in the grids. For the Nissan R33 TC for an example; PD could give it liveries used on the 1997 JGTC R33 Skylines or the 1995 Nismo GT-R LeMans cars. Another example would be the Mclaren F1 GTR, there could be an option for the Gulf Mclaren or the Fina Mclaren F1 GTR. They could also just make the liveries selectable like colors rather than separate cars.

You're playing a game, any console game requires a certain investment of your time if you want to complete it all. Regardless of whatever content you've paid for. The grinding in GT6 is not even a ginourmous problem now that events with higher payouts have been released.
Come March that's all gonna change:cool:

I'm back to complain a little more: besides super-annoying Auto replay I DO NOT enjoy the darn grind for credits. Don't have time for it. But that's not my main complaint this time; it's the log-in "bonuses".
Allow me to rant a bit here:
Currently you gotta be at 200% log-in bonuses to have a hope in high hell to accumulate decent amount of credits to buy some cars. And no, I don't feel like spamming Red Bull Standard Championship every day. Look honestly speaking it's really cumbersome to log in to PSN everyday just to maintain log-in bonuses. Like a couple of months ago, I wasn't even home for three weeks and boom - bonuses are gone. Gotta start from the scratch, says PDI. So nowadays I try to at least connect to PSN every night after work. But sometimes, I turn on the boob tube and lo and behold, there's a film that I wanted to see on, or a match/PPV. Then that's 2 hours of my free time I was going to spend on GT6 gone. Along with log in bonus. Bar Humbug.
So, how about, credit bonuses after a career race calculated according to the pp difference?? This was already present in GT5 seasonals, so I don't see a technical reason why it shouldn't/couldn't be done on GT6 with a minor update. Hit a 550pp race with a 450pp car and you get 200% bonus. Don't know about you, but this sounds good to me.

Ability to make cars RHD and LHD to match the appropriate course. The MP4-12C is a LHD car and I'm pretty sure all cars in the UK are RHD. All it really requires is to flip the cars interior. Same thing with the S2000. Take the AEM S2000's interior and paste it into the current S2000 and boom, you've got a LHD S2000 with the whole interior modeled already.

I'm back to complain a little more: besides super-annoying Auto replay I DO NOT enjoy the darn grind for credits. Don't have time for it. But that's not my main complaint this time; it's the log-in "bonuses".
Allow me to rant a bit here:
Currently you gotta be at 200% log-in bonuses to have a hope in high hell to accumulate decent amount of credits to buy some cars. And no, I don't feel like spamming Red Bull Standard Championship every day. Look honestly speaking it's really cumbersome to log in to PSN everyday just to maintain log-in bonuses. Like a couple of months ago, I wasn't even home for three weeks and boom - bonuses are gone. Gotta start from the scratch, says PDI. So nowadays I try to at least connect to PSN every night after work. But sometimes, I turn on the boob tube and lo and behold, there's a film that I wanted to see on, or a match/PPV. Then that's 2 hours of my free time I was going to spend on GT6 gone. Along with log in bonus. Bar Humbug.
So, how about, credit bonuses after a career race calculated according to the pp difference?? This was already present in GT5 seasonals, so I don't see a technical reason why it shouldn't/couldn't be done on GT6 with a minor update. Hit a 550pp race with a 450pp car and you get 200% bonus. Don't know about you, but this sounds good to me.
Even I, someone who has almost zero interest in offline racing, participated in Seasonals where the challenge was to use a lower and lower PP car for higher and higher earnings. On the face of it one would wonder why this was dropped, but the introduction of MT's into the mix is the only reason I can think of for not including this in GT6. It added a huge level of challenge and replayability for zero investment on PD's part, just copy and paste the multiplier formula from GT5 and done.

1 .I would like the ability to press start and get straight into the race instead of the long winded lead out before some races. You have to sit there for a good 25 sec or longer before you can actually get to the start line to start a race on some tracks. Its nice the first time you hit those tracks but it gets old faaaast.

2. The ability to add just the front splitter or dive planes etc one at a time instead of all at once like it is now. I don't want dive planes andn the rear bumper addons on every car. Id like to just put the splitter on etc. Just separate them PD please like in GT5.

3. how about letting us add all the parts we want before you show the corny showroom screen. Now after EVERY modification we have to be inundated with the silly showroom screen.

4. Stop loading the instant replay after every race yeeesh. I cant even snap pics or see other cars in that immediate replay...If I want to do that I have to exit that useless replay and then click replay. What is the point of this idiotic automatic replay after every race?

5. Please make Cart races separate entity not needed for completing license categories. I abhor the carts lol..Im sure Im not the only one lol.

6. Please for the love of being current, add some modern cars other than the GTR. How about the Viper TA, 458 Speciale, all the Nismo Z's for petes sake since Nissan is your fave, Hurracan, McLaren 650 S/P1 etc... you get the idea.

7. Enough of the stupid grinding. Its seem game manufactures just want you to waste time these days with mundane tasks....Check out Star Wars Commander and Angry Birds transformers for Ipad as examples. Nothing but grind fests......I have no interest in these kind of games hence GT6 hasn't been touched for quite a while...

8. More intensive offline race series please. The online seasonal are nothing but chase the rabbit nonsense like the offline experience. How about you bring back qualifying, pitting for races for gas and tire changes so you can actually use some strategy and actually have more of a racing feel...All these new tracks and no series to run them offline. Im sure it isn't hard for PD to add those in an update.

That's it for now.

Even I, someone who has almost zero interest in offline racing, participated in Seasonals where the challenge was to use a lower and lower PP car for higher and higher earnings. On the face of it one would wonder why this was dropped, but the introduction of MT's into the mix is the only reason I can think of for not including this in GT6. It added a huge level of challenge and replayability for zero investment on PD's part, just copy and paste the multiplier formula from GT5 and done.
Don't know who gave PDI the idea for MT but it really warped the economy. Do a quick, rough estimate of amount of credits required to "collect" every premium cars in the game and I promise you your face will meet your palm. Even with MT priced at half or lower than now you are looking $1000+ (not actual, literal figure!!:D) of real $$.
......Hopefully no one bought those MT vouchers - so PDI/Sony may learn from their folly...

I know you can map the right stick to look left and right, but I'm referring to the ability to allow the camera to "orbit" the car.
Oh, that. I thought you were talking about the cockpit view. Okay then.

The option to have more than one favourites list in the garage, and the option to name each list, eg 'touring cars', '500pp road cars', 'stock road cars' etc. I can't see how that would be hard to implement.

622c5e76b067904d3ac3d2753dea39c7.jpg

Another idea I think that could be used for GT6 is that maybe us players can get a bonus for winning a race without assists like in the Forza series.
I proposed a bonus program for online racing in the Kaz Q&A Forum...only got 7 votes:grumpy: before it was closed because it was a duplicate of this thread but I still think it's a great idea, both online and off. 👍👍

I proposed a bonus program for online racing in the Kaz Q&A Forum...only got 7 votes:grumpy: before it was closed because it was a duplicate of this thread but I still think it's a great idea, both online and off. 👍👍
Ah, I didn't know it was posted in that forum. I just gave that thread my vote. I always found it to be a cool idea since I first played Forza 2 as it did give me a bit of incentive to learn how to drive with less assists overtime.

Auctions.

-As a seller, you put your car at a reserve (similar to ebay) to prevent fraud.

-Buyers cannot see the specifications of the car, only limited to HP, Torque, weight, basic things.

-However, there would be an option for you to test drive the car before bidding (No miles will be put on the car).

-One put for auction, bidder has 5 minutes to withdraw the car. Otherwise, it stays on the auction block until allotted time ends.

-Optional "Buy It Now" would end the auction, buyer would obtain the car, bidders would have their money returned.

Custom FOV - the chase cam is too far and the cockpit view is too close... a FOV editor is a 'simple' solution

Custom HUD - let me choose the info on the screen... the actual hud is simply awful

There was a option in GT4 Arcade Mode that allowed convertibles to race with open tops, though it was a two car field
something similar could be implemented in GT6 Arcade Mode that allows for the possibility of running convertibles, standing grid starts or both. When selected in the option menu for Arcade Mode, the game would pick the number of cars that make up the field that is best optimized for a particular course.

If PD duplicated the prize credits by two to account for a now non-existent logout bonus, and added that which you mention, making credits would be so much better. It also brings back to mind the A-Spec points from GT4, which worked similarly (but gave you no extra credits, just bragging rights).

Another idea I think that could be used for GT6 is that maybe us players can get a bonus for winning a race without assists like in the Forza series.

This would be cool too. :cool:

EDIT: Just realized something... Your currently worn racing gear is not depicted when buying new gear. Which frankly sucks, because if you want to wear a nice matching helmet and suit, you have to remember your current helmet/suit to find a fitting match.

Last edited:
Auctions.

-As a seller, you put your car at a reserve (similar to ebay) to prevent fraud.

-Buyers cannot see the specifications of the car, only limited to HP, Torque, weight, basic things.

-However, there would be an option for you to test drive the car before bidding (No miles will be put on the car).

-One put for auction, bidder has 5 minutes to withdraw the car. Otherwise, it stays on the auction block until allotted time ends.

-Optional "Buy It Now" would end the auction, buyer would obtain the car, bidders would have their money returned.
I love the idea. However, I think people should have to pay a small fee (as in maybe 250-500 cr.) to enter the auction. It might be a bit odd to allow buyers to test drive it, because you can't in real life, but I like the idea. I would say there should be a used car dealership where you could post your car for sale at your own price or buy other people's cars, but that's more of a major addition.

Back