Smart_Roadster's GT2 Weekly Time Trial Challenge - Restarting

Sorry to post results late, just found time to try it last night. Very tough to find and hold proper speeds through corners without losing traction. I'm still going to try the Yellowbird, here's my results so far:

Turbo R : 1:25.968
CTR2 : 1:25.403

Honestly I wanted to try the turbo R and CTR2 again, felt like I left at least a second on the table with both, and I was in the process of running the CTR2 Sport when I decided I had better stop.

Edit: just made a 1:24.420 lap in the CTR2 Sport! And again I think there's still a second left to get out of it.

Edit: 1:25.736 was the best I could eek out of the CTR Yellowbird, and though there was room left, it was really a pretty decent lap and i don't think I could get more than another half second faster with 100 tries.

Last edited:
well, if anybody can get that last second out of the CTR2 Sport it's karelpipa. And that's just your 10th lap with a stock RUF at SSR5. I'd already done 25 with the CTR2, 20 with the Turbo R, and got my best on probably my 8th lap with the CTR2 sport. So I'd had 52 practice, 43 more than karelpipa...

just as a challenge, see if you can make it down to 1:23.420, I bet you can do it.

Edit: and in case anybody's short on ideas, here's a couple I think would be interesting:

TVR's at Trial Mountain. Like RUF challenge, all stock no tuning, I picked five which are close in potential: Cerbera 4.2, Cerbera Speed 6, Tuscan Speed 6, Griffith 500, Griffith Blackpool B340.

Dream Cars at Rome City. Cerbera LM, Espace F1, CRX del sol LM Edition, Elise GT1, R390 GT1 LM Race Car '97. Believe it or not, all are very close in potential. Difficult to get access to some of these, run what you can.

Last edited:
Thank you Jeff! :-) I was very tired, tomorrow i will try it again. I too think that at least 1 second we can shave off.
Oh and i tried even the Yellowbird, but couldn't handle that beast properly, done 4 laps and best around 1:26.6xx..poor time.

Leaderboard updated.

@SR: Neither have I expecting it to get off the ground this nicely. This needs to keep going.

I'm far from a pro, and I don't play a GT game in a few months, so I'm a bit rusty. But I gave it a try anyway, and got a best time of 1:26.501 in the CTR2 Sport. Which means I'm only 2.2s off of Karel's 1:24.3. Not bad for an amateur, huh?

Adding my time to the leaderboard for the lulz.

What about next?
My favourite would be:
STOCK
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 + TVR Griffith 500
on Red Rock Valley Speedway

best lap times from both cars would be summed up into one.
Example of it:
Cerbera Best lap 1:32.750
Griffith Best lap 1:34.260

TOTAL TIME : 3:07.010 (hope its right)

Yes, you're right. And sounds like a tail-happy good time to me!

Edit:
1:20.350 with the Cerbera Speed 6, pretty happy with this time, but about a half second left since I never got it quite right
1:21.042 with the Griffith 500, a second left perhaps, had trouble with its floaty handling and didn't in 14 laps put together anything I was particularly happy with

2:41.392 total time, now you all have a target! Though I reserve the right to go back and try another 10-15 laps with at least the Griffith 500. Sometimes a pause it all it takes.

Edit 2:
Ok I'm bored, so I took a closer look at these two cars.

Weight to power is about the same, with the Griffith getting a 3% advantage. Spring rates are similar, but the Speed 6 has the advantage being about 3%-4% stiffer. Speed 6 has clear ride height advantage, sitting 15mm lower than the Griffith 500. Dimensionally they're radically different. The Griffith is a pancake, short in length and height but not in width, while the Cerbera is longer, more narrow, and taller, more like a missile.

Hmm, that sort of explains the results I got, Speed 6's better handling slightly countered by the Griffith's better acceleration.

Last edited:
You gave me very tough time to beat Jeff!

In Sunday Cup practice
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 14th lap 1:20.217 (2nd best 5th lap 1:20.603)

Griffith's time is coming up

Last edited:
I have an announcement to make. I will soon be switching my console from a PS3 to an X360, so will no longer be able to continue this series. I am leaving it in the hands of you guys. It's up to you if and how you choose to continue. This also means I will stop posting regularly on this site. 👍 Goodbye.

i have an announcement to make. I will soon be switching my console from a ps3 to an x360, so will no longer be able to continue this series. I am leaving it in the hands of you guys. It's up to you if and how you choose to continue. This also means i will stop posting regularly on this site. 👍 Goodbye.
what? No! :(

You gave me very tough time to beat Jeff!

In Sunday Cup practice
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 14th lap 1:20.217 (2nd best 5th lap 1:20.603)

Griffith's time is coming up

Very glad to hear I set a time you found tough to beat! I had several laps in the 1:20.7xx range, then finally 1:20.350 and I said that was good enough. I'm curious to hear what you think of the Griffith 500 vs the Cerbera Speed 6.

I have an announcement to make. I will soon be switching my console from a PS3 to an X360, so will no longer be able to continue this series. I am leaving it in the hands of you guys. It's up to you if and how you choose to continue. This also means I will stop posting regularly on this site. 👍 Goodbye.

That's sad. I'm always up for a lap time challenge, so I'll miss your participation in this community.

Mmm, it's a shame. But I've decided to make a change. My 360 is arriving tomorrow.

Having said that, I will still regularly check back at the GT2 forums.

Anybody else?

And karelpipa, go run the Griffith 500. I want to see what you think of its handling compared to the Speed 6.

Damn you're fast jeff! It took me 12 laps to beat you.

Griffith 500 time 1:20.873

The car is underpowered, but feels more agile even with its softer suspension settings. Its more oversteering (mainly when driven without gas or brakes) apart from heavier Cerbera .
Cerbera feels it has more weight on front, while Griffith feels that it has weight more even between F and R.

Certainly i can say, that with slightly more power and stiffer suspension, the Griffith will be funcar! :-)

TOTAL TIME: 2:41.090

Best drivers so far: (I hope that MadMax and Legend and Patruck will join too. Are they still visiting this site?
  1. Karel Pipa 2:41.090​
  2. Jeffgoddin 2:41.392 +0:00.302​

Last edited:
Wow, my driving style must me more suited to the Cerbera then, I had a much harder time getting consistent laps with the Griffith. But honestly both cars were a lot of fun to hoon about in!

And yes, congratulations you beat me again...

You can stalk those guys through their profiles, but I think Legend's not here (in GT2) any longer, MadMax is mostly doing GT5 except for 400m/1000m tuning in GT2, and Patruck GT2 will always be playing GT2, but not so much with us. I suspect he has a life that keeps him busy, too.

Wow... Those are some pretty good times. Here are mine:

Fastest Single Lap:
TVR Griffith 500: 1'21.213 @ 152.28 MPH
TVR Cerbera Speed Six: 1'20.643 @ 153.65

Fastest Total Time (Over a 2-Lap Distance):
TVR Griffith 500:
Lap1: 1'31.071 @ 140.36 MPH
Lap 2: 1'23.039 @ 151.42 MPH
Total: 2:54.109

TVR Cerbera Speed Six:
Lap 1: 1'30.361 @ 138.30 MPH
Lap 2: 1'20.615 @ 154.54 MPH
Total: 2:50.976

Ha! Kingofweasles also found the Griffith more challenging!

Not sure if you care, but it looks like you may have taken this as more of a challenge than it needed to be. I went to Sunday Cup Red Rock and did test laps, like 15-20 with each car, and used my best time from that. Looks like you went and ran the race a few times instead of doing test laps. Which if you take twice as much time doing it should give you about the same best single lap time, but only if you're looking at the second lap time to report and not combined best time, since the total best time could come when you have a really fast 1st lap and a slower 2nd lap.

But, just taking what you've given us, your result would be:

Griffith: 1:23.039 best lap
Cerbera: 1:20.615 best lap (which is very close to what both karelpipa and I could do...)
total: 2:43.654

Yeah, but he has 1:21.213 on his Griffith, which is too very close to us. :)
So Positions so far.

3. Kingofweasles 2:41.828 +0:00.738​

Yeah, but he has 1:21.213 on his Griffith, which is too very close to us. :)
So Positions so far.

3. Kingofweasles 2:41.828 +0:00.738​

Oh yeah, sorry, was looking at the times for 2 lap total and missed his single best laps....:dunce:

So, what next? I had invited a bunch of people who'd participated in my time trials in the past, and Kingofweasles was the only one to respond, so I'm guessing we're done here, unless Johnnypixel is still working on it?

I'm looking forward to another challenge. If you want any suggestions for the next one, karelpipa, let me know. I always have ideas.

Back