Smelling a Sony Scam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thedeester1
  • 36 comments
  • 3,538 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
419
United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
Messages
GTP_Thedeester1
How many people like me bought a PS3 to play GT prologue and thought that it wouldnt be long before GT5 was released. This is not a rumour starting thread but something ive been looking into and started seeing a few bad indicators. I havent heard if Sony have a new consol on the drawing board but through past history they release a new playstation about every 5 years. The PS3 was released in 2006 so if things go as they do were gonna start seeing Sony showcase its new console either later this year or early next year. No one wants to release a game onto a redundant consol and Im wondering now if GT5 is gonna be the Showcase seller for the PS4 rather like GT3 was for the PS2. If this is the case im gonna be one ****ed off person!
Thoughts?
 
Didnt Sony have a 10-year plan for the PS3? I believe they did... have to do some digging though if you want proof... But I dont think you need to worry or that there is any kind of conspiracy going on... The game is just delayed because they want it to be the best ;)
 
Smelling a Thread Lock.
 
I think this thread can be locked given all the points raised have been well covered on our forums in the past, no offence.
Eg. Prologue was just to keep us happy for a while, an interim supplement, and perhaps also as a beta test. PS3 has something like a 10yr expected life cycle and PS4 is nowhere on the horizon soon.
 
no i dont think it should be locked, as long as we can keep it civilised.

Personally i bought the PS3 i have for one reason only... GT5.

So far i only have one game GT5P. (Bought PS3 on the launch of GT5P)

Though PS3 will have a long life. We wont seen a new Playstation for for quite some time!
 
I bought PS3 to play GTHD :D
 
Personally i bought the PS3 i have for one reason only... GT5.

So far i only have one game GT5P. (Bought PS3 on the launch of GT5P)

Though PS3 will have a long life. We wont seen a new Playstation for for quite some time!

As did I, and while I've played a couple other games on PS3, GTAIV, NFS:Shift, the only ones Ive stuck at are NBA Live 2010, and the reason I purchased a PS3, GT5:P. I've even gone so far as to sell GTAIV and NFS:Shift, because they were not great games.
 
I bought a ps3 to play gt5. IN 2008
The guinesss book of gaming records said it would release in spring 2008. :(
I used to get annoyed at the delay however now I have stopped caring, it will arive when it arrives, me getting pissed of won't make it happen any faster.
 
As the OP stated, the PS3 is getting on to it's 4th birthday, however, still being by far the most powerful console out in the market, we have at least 3-4 years of life coming, and of course, the PS3 production costs are falling, so the retail price should decrease accordingly, meaning more consoles sold to pay the absurd Cell development costs. Virtuous cycle. ;)
 
is sony a bit communist with these five year plans? (excluding the ps3):lol:
 
Didnt Sony have a 10-year plan for the PS3? I believe they did... have to do some digging though if you want proof... But I dont think you need to worry or that there is any kind of conspiracy going on... The game is just delayed because they want it to be the best ;)
Yes, but that does not mean the PS3 will not get superseded for 10 years. Just like PS1 and PS2, then PS2 and PS3 co-existed, expect to see PS3 and PS4 co-exist in the future.

As for the OP thinking that GT5 could showcase on the PS4...no chance.

I also bought my PS3 primarily for GT5. I knew it would take a while to come out, but not this long. Still, I've waited now, and soon we will look back and laugh at these threads.
 
gt5_cover_01.jpg

Are you confused?
It says Playstation 3 at the top of the cover :)
 
Yes, but that does not mean the PS3 will not get superseded for 10 years. Just like PS1 and PS2, then PS2 and PS3 co-existed, expect to see PS3 and PS4 co-exist in the future.

As for the OP thinking that GT5 could showcase on the PS4...no chance.

I also bought my PS3 primarily for GT5. I knew it would take a while to come out, but not this long. Still, I've waited now, and soon we will look back and laugh at these threads.

I totally agree with you, but if I remember correctly the OP meant in the not so far away future... I would imagine if they do announce a PS4 it will be towards the end of the PS3's planned "lifespan" so to speak. So yes I agree they will co-exist, but I think we'll still get a good 3 or 4 more years out of this console before they announce the new one.
 
I think its a terrible conspiracy theory. I'd get that tin foil hat on pronto.
 
Man this is like political correctness
Seems like the lack of news around here really killed peoples humour.

I totally agree with you, but if I remember correctly the OP meant in the not so far away future... I would imagine if they do announce a PS4 it will be towards the end of the PS3's planned "lifespan" so to speak. So yes I agree they will co-exist, but I think we'll still get a good 3 or 4 more years out of this console before they announce the new one.
Yep, I agree, there is still a good few years left in the PS3, although Microsoft could have something to say about that because in 2012, their Xbox 360 will be 7 years old.
 
no i dont think it should be locked, as long as we can keep it civilised.

Personally i bought the PS3 i have for one reason only... GT5.

So far i only have one game GT5P. (Bought PS3 on the launch of GT5P)

Though PS3 will have a long life. We wont seen a new Playstation for for quite some time!

Thats exact what i do and thought.

PS3 has a long life, IMO, like PS2.
 
I had my eyes on GT5p when I bought my PS3 and it was delivered. Sure in the back of my mind I was waiting on the full game and I certainly expected it to come a LOT sooner than this, but I don't think Sony misled me to believe that. The only date Sony's given and changed passed 2 weeks ago.
 
Seems like the lack of news around here really killed peoples humour.

Having observed some interactions recently, and in particular some encounters you've had with humour-less members in other threads, I can 100% certify that notion.
 
Having observed some interactions recently, and in particular some encounters you've had with humour-less members in other threads, I can 100% certify that notion.

The OP was hardly a mastermind of satirical genius though was it. :dunce:
 
A replacement of the PS3 this year, next year or the year after? It is not going to happen.
 
The OP was hardly a mastermind of satirical genius though was it. :dunce:
Maybe not, but you can't even let out a bit of sarcasm and wit around here these days without somebody taking undue offense at it!
 
The imminent obsolescence of the PS3 is far from being established - very far, infact. Also, just because many GT fans bought PS3's just to play GT5, doesn't mean that Sony have marketed the PS3 as simply a 'Gran Turismo player'. In reality, there was/is/always will be alot more to PS3 ownership and usage than Gran Turismo... while the GT franchise will always help Sony flog a few more consoles, it never was and never will be the PS3's raison d'etre.

humour-less member
Meh, I've been called one of those before - just not in those words.
 
Sony failed the PS3 totaly, still my oppinion!

Tekken6, the first Tekken for the PS3, came 3 years later! And then also non exclusive! Tekken was the reason that I bought an PS1 and PS2... Tekken was, for me, Sony´s best exclusive title ever... (It´s not from Sony, anyway)

God of war, another Sony exclusive, one of the best Sony exclusive´s, came 3 years after PS3 release...

Metal Gear solid was the only exclusive that came 1-2 years after launch... (also non Sony title but anyway, MGS was also always an console seller)

GT? Still nothing, 3 1/2 years after PS3 launch...

No Shadow of collosus...

The only good title was Uncharted I and II

But If i take a look back, the PS2 was an incredible console... there were so many awesome games!

PS3?? I only own 2-3 good titles... And all came very late after launch...

Just my 2 cents about Sony...
 
Last edited:
I totally agree.
 
Maybe one final uncensored thread needs to be created where people can release their anger, frustration and conspiracy theories, etc.
As some sort of GT-Planet toilet room, don't get me wrong, i'm also tired of waiting and actually quite like watching some people getting all worked up but it seems others get annoyed by these threads popping up when there's no further news or new original topics to be discussed.:)
 
Do GTP mod's have the ability to remove member privileges, like the ability to start threads? Just wondering?
 
Sony failed the PS3 totaly, still my oppinion!

Tekken6, the first Tekken for the PS3, came 3 years later! And then also non exclusive! Tekken was the reason that I bought an PS1 and PS2... Tekken was, for me, Sony´s best exclusive title ever... (It´s not from Sony, anyway)

God of war, another Sony exclusive, one of the best Sony exclusive´s, came 3 years after PS3 release...

Metal Gear solid was the only exclusive that came 1-2 years after launch... (also non Sony title but anyway, MGS was also always an console seller)

GT? Still nothing, 3 1/2 years after PS3 launch...

No Shadow of collosus...

The only good title was Uncharted I and II

But If i take a look back, the PS2 was an incredible console... there were so many awesome games!

PS3?? I only own 2-3 good titles... And all came very late after launch...

Just my 2 cents about Sony...

I'm totally agree with you.
About GT5, I always respected PD work, but now after 3 years since I bought my PS3 and still waiting for GT5, my opinion is that PD and Sony it's not doing a good job with his users. The big lack of news it's really annyoing after buying GT5 Prologue.
Users always have the reason, take it in account.
I expect the best for Sony PS3, hope this 2010 it will be better and finally we will have GT5 in our hands.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back