GT5 is coming this year on PS3, I am in no doubt of that (IMO)...
However, Sony have been quite poor (IMO) with the way they have treated customers with regards to GT, firstly the GT:HD roadmap, then the GT:HD Demo, I bought a PS3 just for this, only for it to be canned..
Then GT5p came along, with press interviews stating that Damage and the like would be future updates for GT5p, but was canned..
Then the expectation of GT5 release from so many sources was last year, it never materialised, now it's not even confirmed for this year yet..
As can be seen from teh front page, GT is a huge system seller for Sony, they've abused this position (I feel) by using GT:HD/GT5p with big 'promises', yet gave us the bare minimum they could, stringing us on for 5 years..
Of course we'll all still buy it, but I really don't trust Kaz/PD/Sony as far as I can throw them, it's left a bitter taste in my mouth..
As soon as the awesomeness of GT lands on my floor mat, all will be forgiven (it better had be!).
