SMS-R Formula A Silverstone GP - Round 8/18

• Thread starter Animera
  • 9 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
GTP_Animera
Bleh
SMS_Round 8.png

This TT is a lot of fun, so let's see how well us GTP guys can do with clean laps.
Post your times, videos and share setups.

A video of a lap to encourage participation

Last edited:
I really can't drive these formula cars while remembering to use DRS and KERS, I think I'll have to reconfigure my controller layout anyway because KERS on RB and accelerator on RT really isn't working for me.

I've managed a 1:34.6 in my few laps so far while sticking to the track, the other times I go flying in to the barriers because I've opened DRS too soon :dunce:. Hopefully I can learn to drive this thing properly before the end of the event and at least reach the 1:33s.

Edit: Stiffened the springs to max front and rear and cut it down to 1:33.8, before stiffening the springs the car felt like it was leaning too much and some of the corners I couldn't get it turned in fast enough, now it handles much better IMO. Have still yet to nail the whole DRS + KERS thing.

Last edited:
1'34.086 and only just in the PC top 10. I'll have to find a setup for the car as what I know about tuning is probably dangerous. I've mapped a KERS/DRS button but in the mapping it is the same button. Can you use them separately?

1'34.086 and only just in the PC top 10. I'll have to find a setup for the car as what I know about tuning is probably dangerous. I've mapped a KERS/DRS button but in the mapping it is the same button. Can you use them separately?

I've mapped mine to different buttons although I'm on a controller, not sure if the menu is a bit different with a wheel but surely there should be the option to map and use them separately as they both perform different functions.

I'm using DRS when up to speed and on straights whereas KERS I use coming out of slower corners to get back up to speeds where DRS is useful again.

Downloaded latest patch and gave this a quick go. I'm a bit rusty as haven't played the game for nearly a month, struggled to get a lap together. Tried some of the setup stuff I learnt from this forum and YouTube, seemed to make a decent step forward although low speed could be a bit better. Spent most of my time driving slow setup so wasted most of my track time. Feel like I have potential to do a time in the mid 1:28's, annoyed with myself that I didn't managed to get into 1:28's though.

Not sure if I will have time to try this again but was fun to play this game again 👍 and at least get provisional pole even though it won't last for long.

SMS-R Formula A Silverstone GP.png

I really can't drive these formula cars while remembering to use DRS and KERS, I think I'll have to reconfigure my controller layout anyway because KERS on RB and accelerator on RT really isn't working for me.

I've managed a 1:34.6 in my few laps so far while sticking to the track, the other times I go flying in to the barriers because I've opened DRS too soon :dunce:. Hopefully I can learn to drive this thing properly before the end of the event and at least reach the 1:33s.

Edit: Stiffened the springs to max front and rear and cut it down to 1:33.8, before stiffening the springs the car felt like it was leaning too much and some of the corners I couldn't get it turned in fast enough, now it handles much better IMO. Have still yet to nail the whole DRS + KERS thing.
I find KERS usage most confusing as I don't think there is an indication how much usage you have left for the whole lap.

Found the DRS button, got it mapped and got down to a 1'33.3xx.
Now I have to go looking for a better setup cos it feels like I'm flying but compared to Saidur I'm standing still! :lol:

Found the DRS button, got it mapped and got down to a 1'33.3xx.
Now I have to go looking for a better setup cos it feels like I'm flying but compared to Saidur I'm standing still! :lol:
I'll try uploading my lap and setup I used within an hour or so 👍, probably save everyone a lot of time trying to come up with one and also help everyone a lot in terms of lap time.

Here it is:

Lost nearly two tenths in the first sector compared to my best which was a shame.

Last edited:
:bowdown: @Saidur_Ali :bowdown:
1'29.918 with your setup in 5 laps! That's 3.4s faster already!
Awesome iimprovement 👍. It is not really my setup as I'm a bit clueless when it comes to setups although getting wiser from seeing setups others have posted. It is like a frankenstein setup put together from what I've seen from various places and seems to do the job 👍.

Latest Posts

Back