VGTA Handicap Championship. Mondays, 8:00pm GMT, from 10th Jan 2022.PS4 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 364 comments
Can yoy share time? :)
Same here Napalm, my best valid time was 2.33,8xx,
Well, I'm chuffed to say that I have seen one lap of 2:29.999 (Porsche, loose setting, mid way through an 18 lap AI race). However, no way will I be taking those risks on Monday. If I can nail 2:31s consistently in clear air I'll be very happy.

By the by the way, thanks for suggesting the loose set-up, @Zolon32, it is indeed better (in the Nissan anyway).
You're welcome Half :)

( if date will be in the autumn).
Now then Napalm, this opens a bag of worms. Yesterday I was chatting with Paul, who had suggested a minor adjustment to Monday's settings. My reply was along the lines of "I have to leave things as published because I feel that it's unfair to impose changes".

However, if you (And this is the Napalm we race against, right?) are suggesting that the settings as published cause the road/air to be too cool then, to hell with Paul (;)), I'm going to take note, frankly.

I therefore decree, in the god-like manner of only the most serious of motor racing organisers, the meeting at Bannokbr... Banichb...Bauunkb... Scotland, will be set for 13:00, 13th July 2021. Phew, watch out for those midgies.

Qualification and the first race will be under a clear blue sky, as usual.

Was doing some GT Sport the over night with AC Cobra, car had quite bit grip at rear. Then compared same car with Assetto Corsa, was using controller with both games. Car felt a lot heavier, lots work to keep on track, a lot more spins than GTSport. Wish this car was in Project Cars.

@Zolon32 What about "Reset to track" button if you have incident and need to turn you car around...could we use it?
My Nissan laptimes 2:32-36 (with Loose setup).

@Zolon32 What about "Reset to track" button if you have incident and need to turn you car around...could we use it?
My Nissan laptimes 2:32-36 (with Loose setup).

Regarding Reset - I think it should be mandatory in this track. If you crash and a pack of cars is coming it'll be a tragedy, in 90% of this track there's no way to avoid a pile up, you just add to it

Regarding Laptimes - Oh this gonna be good :D :D :D

PS - REgarding laptimes also, all keep in mind this race should be called : "Survival of the Wisest", there'll be tears and not necessarily of joy :nervous::D

Last edited:
Go into HUD and controls setup and map Reset To Track to something on your wheel. I did mine to the big enter sign (down and left arrow thing) on the G29 Logitech.

From what others have said Jammy, I think that it's already active, although I haven't a clue what it is/how to use it.

If it isn't active, or anyone wants to help with guidance as to how it can be used, please speak up. I'm all ears 👂
If you want to use this function you just need to map this button on the wheel (or keybord/button box if you use it).

Half is faster than me by 1 minute, its huge gap :)

Last edited:
If your car if off track or wrong way and you hit this button your car is set back to track on right direction.
From what others have said Jammy, I think that it's already active, although I haven't a clue what it is/how to use it.

If it isn't active, or anyone wants to help with guidance as to how it can be used, please speak up. I'm all ears 👂

I'm sorry fellas, but I have been absolutely unable to find a "Reset to track" button anywhere. I've been right through the entire Options list, as far as I can tell, and it's nowhere to be seen...

I can hustle the Porsche around Brownduckbay (2.35 under a cloudy sky) but maybe the Nissan might be a safer bet long term (2.37 - cloudy). Perhaps I'll have one race in both again.

Reset car (to track) is a handy button to have mapped when you find yourself upside down on the roof. The spectators never push you back over.

Scotland, will be set for 13:00, 13th July 2021.
So no snow then? ☺

Last edited:
Nissan might be a safer bet long term
I'm sensing from the feedback in general that folks won't be up for a "Road A" blast around Bannamall any time soon. I say that because I've been practicing round there with the Ferrari td12 (or whatever it is), and when I put that away and jump into the Porsche, the German feels like an absolute doddle to drive. It's a tactic some might want to try if they're finding the Porky a little bit edgy.

So no snow then? ☺
That's a splendid idea Paul. I'll test it later.

Quick question about PCars3. What happens with damage in that game? I understand that there are no pit stops.

What happens with damage in that game?
Although the actual driving physics are very good it is somewhat lighter on the sim aspects of motorsports, it's a pure racing title. You don't get fuel usage or tyre wear - but there is still tyre heating - and the damage model is limited to visual only. I actually prefer the "feel" more than I do in PC2. Knowing your tastes for grip you'd probably like it.
I don't miss the pitstops, I have PC2 for that. :)

And the Porsche - I really don't mind it to drive at all, it's a blast. It's just with its simulated rear weight it can be a little more unpredictable when there are other cars around you. Mind you the rear light Nissan has its own problems.

And for a interesting drive around Bbrea try the Bac mono!

Oh and I've tried turning the AI skill way up (to 100 or more) but dropped the aggression down to zero - although I might tweak it I'm liking it so far. They are fast enough to get past you but are not so pushy. I'm thinking that maybe the aggression setting alters the size of the invisible 'keep away' bubble that surrounds your car.

Just to add to the sharing of information here, I tried a 18-lap offline race against 19 AIs set to 100/100 with me starting last on the grid. Easy win, they kept taking each other out and pitting for repairs! And even alone, especially the Jags were finding it difficult to keep their composure after the jump (before the bridge), there was some epic crashing going on there! :lol:

Bloody scary this race is. So far i didn't even manage the short race distance without wrecking the car ...
Same here. I've been going into Private Practice saying to myself, 10 clean laps, lap time does not matter. But after a couple of clean laps, you start pushing it a bit and the track bites back.

Wish GT had some damage, would be a lot better game. Was trying the Lancia Stratos, in Dirt 2 less grip that GT version, quite bit more of a handful. Wrecked my Mini Cooper on some logs.

Same here. I've been going into Private Practice saying to myself, 10 clean laps, lap time does not matter. But after a couple of clean laps, you start pushing it a bit and the track bites back.
I found more dificult is to not make mistake and damage car, but to follow another car in close distance (you must do that if you want "to race"). If car ahead make mistake you almoast done have chances to avoid accindent with it :(.
I did 50 min race against AI and crashed 3 times into them .

I found more dificult is to not make mistake and damage car, but to follow another car in close distance (you must do that if you want "to race"). If car ahead make mistake you almoast done have chances to avoid accindent with it :(.
I did 50 min race against AI and crashed 3 times into them .
I found that when they crash at the over the hill crest, before the bridge prior to the last corner then you're just sold. Or if you have to lift at the steep down hill left hander then the Porsche just insta-murder you

Results from the latest round:

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
Race 2.jpg

Standings:
Monday Individual.jpg

I just wanna say that I was disappointed when damage was set to Off. My chance to win 2nd race went downforward but anyway I almost made it.
This week races were the most exciting as track was kind of Nürburgring Nordschleife minisize. Love it.

Last edited:
Back