SNAIL - Cat & Mouse - Next Event TBA

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 249 comments
Looks like we've got enough interest to try and put something together for Friday.

Interest list:
1. @SAMHAIN85
2. @TexasJDC
3. @Herimopp89
4. @Neutty
5. @nojgib
6. @Mully465
7. @Jw_wk1010
8. @Pigpin13
9. @Ryan Kirk

Maybes?
@Lessen
@stelephant
@JamCar0ne
@bigbeefytaco

The soccer idea sounds interesting, lets give it a shot towards the end of the night before we wrap it up.

I'll be on tonight to start testing combos and tracks. Remember that we need to use tracks where you can cut and it wont reset you.

Looks like we've got enough interest to try and put something together for Friday.

Interest list:
1. @SAMHAIN85
2. @TexasJDC
3. @Herimopp89
4. @Neutty
5. @nojgib
6. @Mully465
7. @Jw_wk1010
8. @Pigpin13
9. @Ryan Kirk

Maybes?
@Lessen
@stelephant
@JamCar0ne
@bigbeefytaco

The soccer idea sounds interesting, lets give it a shot towards the end of the night before we wrap it up.

I'll be on tonight to start testing combos and tracks. Remember that we need to use tracks where you can cut and it wont reset you.
I'll be on around 9 central if I see a room up I'll join in

Interest list:
1. @SAMHAIN85
2. @TexasJDC
3. @Herimopp89
4. @Neutty
5. @nojgib
6. @Mully465
7. @Jw_wk1010
8. @Pigpin13
9. @Ryan Kirk

Maybes?
@Lessen
@stelephant
@JamCar0ne
@bigbeefytaco

I almost jumped on this immediately. But with the baby I still never know. I hope to join up for as much as I can, even if it is just to smash @Jw_wk1010 (although I don’t need a special livery this time ;)).

The soccer sounds like an interesting twist.

Thanks everyone for coming out to test.

Friday Feb 8
Lobby opens at 9PM EST

Combatants:

Mouse:

Screenshot_2019-02-06-09-39-05-1.png

ABARTH 500 2009
Detuned to 76% Power (100HP)
Stock Weight

Cat:

Screenshot_2019-02-06-09-40-15-1.png

Nissan GT-R PREMIUM EDITION 2017
Stock Power/Weight

Both cars will use Racing Softs

The Abarth is pretty stable while getting pushed. I wanted to use something a little quicker and more nimble than the Fiat we ran last time. That thing would just lose control too quickly and it took forever to get it going. The only thing about the Abarth is its a little too quick out of the box. So we are going to turn down the power a bit to slow things up.

The GTR has always been a great Cat car so we'll stick with that.

I'll come up with a paint tutorial on which colors to use later today. You'll need multiple cats and mice in your garage all painted designated colors so we can swap teams on the fly and not have the need (waste time) for anyone to leave the lobby to go paint.

Tracks:
  • Red Bull Ring short
  • Croix B II
  • Tsukuba
  • SSRX?

Interest list:
1. @SAMHAIN85
2. @TexasJDC
3. @Herimopp89
4. @Neutty
5. @nojgib
6. @Mully465
7. @Jw_wk1010
8. @Pigpin13
9. @Ryan Kirk
10. @Nick Cannella

Maybes?
@stelephant
@JamCar0ne
@bigbeefytaco
@Sean Renon

I have a question regarding car colors...Lets say a driver already has 2 or 3 of the required cars in their garage already. Will the basic color choices be available to paint from the livery menu, or would someone have to go the the dealerships and purchase new cars in the correct color format? Does that make sense?

Will the basic color choices be available to paint from the livery menu

Yep. You'll be able to paint any existing car you own to any color want. But if you dont do it correctly itll still appear as the original color when you're sitting in the lobby. The thumbnail color (paint chip) also has to be painted.

I'll make a simple guide later so theres no confusion. And as long as everyone follows the guide, no one will have to back out of the lobby to go paint. Or be confused about teams and team colors before the race starts.

I am interested and can participate; my first time. Will need some guidance on this event if someone can point me to a link or replay.

@SAMHAIN85 due to the weather conditions that screwed my shop over today, I may not be able to make it tomorrow night. I am hoping that’s not the case but just a heads up

Updated list:

Interest list:
1. @SAMHAIN85
2. @TexasJDC
3. @Herimopp89
4. @JamCar0ne
5. @nojgib
6. @Mully465
7. @Jw_wk1010
8. @Pigpin13
9. @Ryan Kirk
10. @Nick Cannella
11. @ItsDoubloon
12. @Hellbringer69
13. @Raw10_2u
14. @Bologna_Duc

Maybes?
@stelephant
@Neutty
@bigbeefytaco
@Sean Renon
@src_ej6

I took screenshots last night of how to paint each car but I ran out of time getting it posted here. Just know we'll be using the colors Red, White, Blue, Black. We could go for a 5th color which means we can have 5 teams of 3. In that case we'll also throw in Yellow.

And the lobby will be first come first serve. I will kick out any randoms that join to free up spots for those that RSVPd here. Looks like we'll have a full lobby.

If the lobby is full dont sweat it. Someone will eventually leave and you'll be able to hop in.

If you leave to go paint your car and someone on the interest list joins in your place and you cant get back in...that will be on you. So paint your cars beforehand! Guide will be up later today before SNAIL prac.

PAINT GUIDE:

Step 1. Buy 5 ABARTH 500 2009

Step 2. Buy 5 Nissan GT-R PREMIUM EDITION 2017

Step 3. Choose one of them and go to the Livery Editor and paint the entire car Blue:

paint.jpg

Step 4. Hit Save. It will bring up this screen:

step2.jpg

Step 5. Under the 'Custom Color Chip' select 'Single Color Type':

step3.jpg

Step 6. Select the Color 1 Box - choose Blue:

step3.jpg

Step 7. Hit Save. Done

Repeat those same steps so all of your Cats and Mice are painted:

RED, WHITE, BLUE, BLACK, YELLOW

Interest list:
1. @SAMHAIN85
2. @TexasJDC
3. @Herimopp89
4. @JamCar0ne
5. @nojgib
6. @Mully465
7. @Jw_wk1010
8. @Pigpin13
9. @Ryan Kirk
10. @Nick Cannella
11. @ItsDoubloon
12. @Hellbringer69
13. @Raw10_2u
14. @Bologna_Duc

Maybes?
@stelephant
@Neutty
@bigbeefytaco
@Sean Renon
@src_ej6

@suprajef

If this is your first time doing C&M click here for some general tips

Lobby will be opened at 9PM EST
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
BYOB!

I will kick out anyone that isnt tagged above. These fill up pretty quick so join as soon as you can.
If you get disconnected or didnt follow the guide and have to leave to go paint cars - your spot will not be saved.

Once the lobby is filled up we'll start the first race to decide the teams and who will be the first Cats and Mice.
Race will be set to 1-3 laps depending on track
Dirty race - anything goes (corner cutting included)
Boost will be on high (it will be on high all night)
Damage off (all night)

Whoever finishes 1st is a Mouse and picks their team color
Whoever finishes 2nd is a Mouse and picks their team color

Odd place finishers are on 1st place's team. Everyone gets in the correct color Cat car
Even place finishers are on 2nd place's team. Everyone gets in the correct color Cat car

Everyone gets into their party chat and we start the first C&M race of the night 8v8.

After that we can begin to create smaller teams
(2 cats - 1 mouse per team)

Once you've figured out your teammates hop in a party together. Make sure everyone on your team is using the same color.

Rinse and repeat all night.

Tracks:
Red Bull Ring short
Croix B II
Tsukuba
SSRX​

:cheers:

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 11
  • step4.jpg