SNAIL Div 6 - October 2015 Season

• Thread starter STEAMER62
  • 87 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JLBowler
Sorry, wasn't keeping up with the thread lately. I have been hard wired for a very long time.
Here is my Speed Test

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4736283632

Not sure why my results don't look the same as everyone else's ........ picture is different.
I clicked on "Share" and then Pasted the link here. Guess it provides the same info.

Last edited:
@JLBowler
Sorry, wasn't keeping up with the thread lately. I have been hard wired for a very long time.
Here is my Speed Test

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4736283632

Not sure why my results don't look the same as everyone else's ........ picture is different.
I clicked on "Share" and then Pasted the link here. Guess it provides the same info.
Hoii @TEX36 , thx for this statement but I guess you're in the wrong div thread buddy , ;) :cheers:

There may be a chance that I won't be able to make it tonight, if that's the case, good luck to my fellow competitors tonight!

I will get the replays but don't trust my Internet after last week .I would feel better if someone else could host .until I can get my Internet locked down ,minions are lose and cause me grief .ha ha

I will get the replays but don't trust my Internet after last week .I would feel better if someone else could host .until I can get my Internet locked down ,minions are lose and cause me grief .ha ha
Hoii @pubason , ok, as far as I remember @o8_jedi once stepped in and we had no issues during that night, what about jedi? Would you like to host for tonight? I'll do the data so we will be fine for Rock'n'Roll...
:cheers:

Pierre, please tell this uninformed soul just what a packet capture is and what info can be gleaned from it TIA
Hey @cliff eden ,
Here's an explanation of a packet capture. Some basics first: When network devices (Like computers and PS3s) talk to each other over a network they send the information in binary (0s & 1s). The devices bunch the information they're sending in packets, which would be like syllables when we speak. This allows the information being sent to be broken down into smaller chunks. The packets include a lot of information other then the data being transferred, such as where the packet is coming from, where it's going, the type of packet and such. As the devices receive the packets they take these packets, read them and do whatever they need with them.
A packet capture is just the act of intercepting and saving all the information that goes through a data link. In this case I captured all the information between the PS3 and my home router. In the span of 1 race I captured 250,000 packets.
Packets can be analysed to see potential network issues such as where packets are coming from and going (IP/MAC addresses); any abnormal traffic being sent; data that needs to be resent between devices (for TCP). and much more.
Some types of packets need a confirmation that they were received but the other device (TCP), while others do not (UDP). Long story short by evaluating this it should be possible to know who I'm not hearing.

Hoii D6lers, although we had a very looooong racing night due to all the disconnections as this one couldn't see that one :banghead:, we in anyway succeeded in having a cool racing night with the usual fun as close racing, different racers on the podium but by this post I would like to give a big shout out to the guys showing such a great flexability and we tried and succeeded in finishing our Sunday Night stuff without leaving anybody out of the circle of the D6 div, so many thanks to @o8_jedi , @polygrizz , @pubason for stepping in and making the impossible possible, well done guys 👍 :cheers: , I'm proud to be a part of this group :bowdown:

best20smiley.gif

Jean-Claude

Hey guys great pics THANK YOU so much @Raw10_2u and @mrnascar242424 we gave us top billing on the main thread ,like I SAID GREAT PICS , Suprised and happy nascar that you even shared pics of me .Hope you are not mad at the bump draft at Monza just was tring to help not hurt sorry if it offened you ,will not do it agian .Had a great time most of the night except for our connection issues .We will get it Ironed out .THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE , It takes all of us together to make it work ,that way it is a fun night for eveyone .Great job on the win nascar will try to be in front next week and you can draft me ,ha ha
THANK YOU

I wasn't mad or offended in any way from that, it's all fine. No worries. :)
thx for this statement @mrnascar242424 , because I know pub since a very long time and he is a real clean and fast driver...regarding your PSN message 2 weeks ago I suggest you read the OLR again and then file IRs, this post shouldn't in any way be an offense, because this is not my aim, be sure that I'm not trying to win this championship, my main topic is to have fun on Sunday night, this is what I did, even waited for pub at the Nürnburgring as he did for me too, we had such an awesome fun at the back, giving a sh:censored:t of ranking as points, pub even did his flight looool, and it was only Rock'n'Roll, TNT, winning isn't the only thing here ;)

:cheers:

IM BACK EVERYONE!!! Mom gave me the all clear to race sunday night lol about time... (Hope i dont screw it up) cant wait to race, warning everyone in advance if im SUPER slow and give occasional bumps... Ive been gone for 2 sundays and tomorrow will be the first time i get on my ps3 again... Super excited to meet everyone by the way... When i first got on after the d7 and d6 merge i thought i was promoted but everyone was so i was so happy i didnt have to say bye to everyone in d7 with me... Cant wait, will there be a practice room tomorrow?

hey everyone so mom just now checked my grades and i have a d in geometry so itll be awhile before im allowed on again its at a 63 and has to be a b or better so put me on the part time list for now... im betting on 2-3 weeks... :( wish me luck, im gonna bust my (u know what) to get em up so i can race. i really miss racing with u guys... stupid school lol
sry... ill try to sneak on to watch and take some pictures

hey everyone so mom just now checked my grades and i have a d in geometry so itll be awhile before im allowed on again its at a 63 and has to be a b or better so put me on the part time list for now... im betting on 2-3 weeks... :( wish me luck, im gonna bust my (u know what) to get em up so i can race. i really miss racing with u guys... stupid school lol
sry... ill try to sneak on to watch and take some pictures
Hi @chevy_usa1101 , thank you for the info, you're always welcome, but be sure real live as school are always #1!!
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back