SNAIL Division 4 - February 2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first started managing the color chart I made seasonal changes for division and such, but it became so tedious I stopped after several months. I'm not sure Tom's preference, but the easiest way is if each driver would submit a new form anytime they change division or change color. The reality is that many of the drivers here just won't do it. Which is why there are a lot of drivers who have never completed a color/number form.

TLDR:
Fill out the form anytime you have any change; division, color, number.

Yea, to get every single driver to update it every time they change something would be impossible. We can get a lot but not everybody checks the board enough.

Maybe we can actually. What if when each division thread is made (which we get a notification for so we don't have to check for it), @CoachMK21 post in each one telling everyone to update the color/number chart. We're about to end a season so let's leave it alone for now and when March starts we get this going. Sounds like a good plan?

The real issue is that the color/number stuff is optional. As long as that is the case, participation is going to be spotty at best. The problem with trying to make it mandatory is that someone would have to enforce it and I don't see any volunteers to do that so we have what we have.

If we make it mandatory to have a specific color/number combo do you really think people would be against it? I don't think it's so much that it would need to be enforced due to opposition so much as it is due to lack of interest. And that group surely must be the minority here. Almost everyone I see has a color/number combo. Only time it's different is from series to series.

I for one, am not going to update my color/number every season. I've only done it twice so far, each time to declare a color/number change. It is my understanding that declaring a color/number is optional. Making it mandatory is to say you must always run a specific color. Sometimes, I run a different color when I already own the car and like the color chosen when car was originally acquired.

I for one, am not going to update my color/number every season. I've only done it twice so far, each time to declare a color/number change. It is my understanding that declaring a color/number is optional. Making it mandatory is to say you must always run a specific color. Sometimes, I run a different color when I already own the car and like the color chosen when car was originally acquired.
And here in lies our opposition lol

And here in lies our opposition lol
personally i cant see why its that difficult to pick a colour combo and a number and stick with it, just like a real race team. most of us dont change divisions every season so the combination is probably good for months if not years.(mine hasnt needed to change in 2 years) It cant be time consuming or expensive to paint at most 2 cars a week.

It's not that much money to change things but that's not what I want to bring up. I too don't ever feel the need to change, this is more for when division rankings change and you have to update what division you're in. A secondary to that is just if you share a number with someone in your new division you need to change that. Colors are never exactly the same so that's no big deal if they're similar hues.

Like you said, most people keep the same color/number for all their cars. I have noticed some use a different color on Monday Pack Racing but that's irrelevant.

Hey guys, still trying to get over some illness. I'm not racing tonight. Next Sunday I'll be sitting on a plane, so there goes February season altogether.

Hello fellow D4's.
I'm also going to retire from SNAIL Spec, as I'm finding it hard to make time to practice for it.
It was a pleasure racing with you and hopefully I'll see you again once we move to PS4.
Cheers and here's hoping for clean lines and fast laps for all.
Flip

Sad to hear you go man. I guess that series we were gonna make isn't happening :(
With the way the servers are going, I don't know what's going to happen with GT6 leagues honestly. But we can try again with GT7, if PD ever comes out with it.
Or we can do it on PCars. Lots of racecars and good tracks in there...

I have to either save up for a PS4 and new wheel or just spend the money and be broke for two weeks :/

I'll be there. There have been mentions of disconnects all day in the main thread so tonight is the usual "never know what'll happen". Last week we were really good so let's hope that works again.

Also, just want to say I am officially off probation now and back to fully clean. No IRs for a heck of a long time. Things be good. Thanks for the great racing guys!

Also, just want to say I am officially off probation now and back to fully clean. No IRs for a heck of a long time. Things be good. Thanks for the great racing guys!
Congrats on clearing probation, DP. Well deserved.

I only see a room for D5 and D6 open. I can't see other rooms. Post when the new D4 is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back