SNAIL Division 4 - February 2019 Season

• Thread starter stelephant
  • 78 comments
@Drifter1171, Sunday was a bit hectic, I am new to the DM role and was just trying to make sure we had a smooth night of racing - especially when we had a BOD member racing. Didn’t see your message here until after racing.

Great racing. Looking forward to seeing you on the track this Sunday.

I'm not sure, we're getting hit pretty hard today with the winds and snow. Power has been hit or miss all day, I'll make it if I have internet but you better have a plan b for data this week.

I'm not sure, we're getting hit pretty hard today with the winds and snow. Power has been hit or miss all day, I'll make it if I have internet but you better have a plan b for data this week.
But really, I will take the pics and do data sometime this week if you aren’t racing tonight and therefor don’t want to do data.

Also, for the new guys

@Faisal Lhan @WesLee @Kaybee9000 @Tex_Scribble

Qualifying Rules
Prior to the first race of each combo drivers must immediately drive to a spot beyond turn one where qualifying will start and line up single file. The scorekeeper must be the first driver in line. The host will remain on pit road during this time.

Once the driver count has been verified, the host will give instructions to start qualifying and leave pit road to join in at the back of the line. Drivers should give 5 seconds between the driver in front of them leaving and when they start.

Qualifying is not the race. If you get caught from behind during the qualifying session you must allow the driver to pass without incident or opposition.

All drivers will complete an out lap and one hot lap for qualifying.

If, at any time during the out lap or the hot lap, a driver leaves the racing surface for any reason, except to avoid another car on track, they are to pull completely off the track and out of the way at the earliest safe location and wait for the qualifying session to end. They are not to attempt to re-enter the track for any reason.

If a driver is caught from behind during qualifying, they must get off the racing line and allow the driver that caught them to pass without incident.

Once drivers have completed their hot lap, they are to stop on the track far enough past the start finish line as to not be a distraction to anyone finishing a lap.

Once the host has completed his hot lap, he will check that no non-members have entered (kick as necessary) and start the race.

This process can be modified for shorter tracks or to change from 5 seconds if deemed necessary.

Failure to comply with qualifying rules will result in a disqualification for that race.

Triple post?!? @vsfit
upload_2019-2-24_19-19-54.jpeg

Just wanted to say sorry for the issues tonight. As most divisions were affected, it seemed to be the weather system still throwing a wrench into tonight's racing in general. However, once we got out of R1R1, we seemed to run smoothly.

I appreciate everyone's patience - and just running what you brought - for R1R1. Thank you @gulfvet67 for hosting tonight, as our usual rock @racingchamp30 was having general Internet issues.

I also appreciate those who stepped up to help remind the visitors that tonight was members only and to check out snailracing.org.

Sorry to @WesLee - who couldn't seem to stay connected to any of the rooms.
Sorry to @Tex_Scribble - for having to experience an un-SNAIL-like first night of racing.
Sorry to @diehard racer - for all the delays/connection issues.
Sorry to @vsfit - for garbage weather.

That said, if you look at the first post for this month, we don't have volunteers to help out when things go wrong. @gulfvet67 stepped up to host and luckily he had the rooms saved. He tried to reorder the grid after having to restart, but we didn't want to waste more time than had already passed - hence the "run what ya brung". We tried to connect to others on the chat who have done hosting before or know how to do manual grid, but to no avail.

Please take some time to take a look at the roles in the divisions and where you can help out - even if not this month, next month. With additional drivers joining all the time, who knows what division you might be in.

Edit: Great racing once we were underway!

@stelephant ----- f
@racingchamp30 ----- f
@gulfvet67 ----- f
@vsfit ----- f
@diehard racer ----- f
@Drifter1171 (NEP) ----- f
@TTTtothetop ----- f
@THRASH ----- f
@Lean_22_YT ----- f
@JamCar0ne ----- f
@Skills ----- f
@Faisal Lhan (NEP) ----- f
@WesLee (NEP) ----- f
@Kaybee9000 (NEP) ----- f
@Tex_Scribble (NEP) ----- f
@Alexrider007 ----- p

Last edited:
I want to Thank everyone for a great Night of racing. This was my first time racing with Snail members. I loved it. This is the kind of racing I have been looking for. There was some problems at the start, that could not be avoided. But so worth the wait. I am looking forward to the next race with everyone. I made some mistakes, but I learned for them, and if I got in your way racing I'm sorry. I will do better. Thank you again. Till next time race on.

I usually have no problem at all. Think it was the game itself or PD because right before the start to the first race my game was disconnecting from the network itself even though i had a solid connection online. As you described @stelephant we were smooth sailing once the races started. @gulfvet67 i uploaded replays last night because you took up hosting which you did a great job doing and ty for uploading replays as well. Was just weird what was happening last night before the first race, D3 was having the same problem as well with the game disconnecting from the network itself, not that our internet connection was cutting out.

I usually have no problem at all. Think it was the game itself or PD because right before the start to the first race my game was disconnecting from the network itself even though i had a solid connection online. As you described @stelephant we were smooth sailing once the races started. @gulfvet67 i uploaded replays last night because you took up hosting which you did a great job doing and ty for uploading replays as well. Was just weird what was happening last night before the first race, D3 was having the same problem as well with the game disconnecting from the network itself, not that our internet connection was cutting out.
Definitely some gremlins somewhere in the GT Sport network last night. I saw 4 bars for your room @racingchamp30 just couldn't get in after the first room. Glad that we were able to get the uploads done - better twice than not at all. Just really glad that the night is over and we can move on to a better overall experience for next week. @gulfvet67 and I worked out the Grid Set by Host issue as well. Thanks again @gulfvet67 for hosting.

Definitely some gremlins somewhere in the GT Sport network last night. I saw 4 bars for your room @racingchamp30 just couldn't get in after the first room. Glad that we were able to get the uploads done - better twice than not at all. Just really glad that the night is over and we can move on to a better overall experience for next week. @gulfvet67 and I worked out the Grid Set by Host issue as well. Thanks again @gulfvet67 for hosting.

Anytime i set up a room for racing , it usually says my bandwidth is between high to very high.

Back