SNAIL Division 4 - February 2019 Season

• Thread starter stelephant
  • 78 comments
Thank you d4! I had a great time racing with you all. It was so refreshing going door to door with folks knowing they aren't there to ruin your day. Is there a way to do rolling starts? It sure felt like 99% of the problems we had came from a problem at the start line.

Thank you d4! I had a great time racing with you all. It was so refreshing going door to door with folks knowing they aren't there to ruin your day. Is there a way to do rolling starts? It sure felt like 99% of the problems we had came from a problem at the start line.
To be honest that is really the first time this season there has been an issue with starts. If it is a legitimate “stuck on grid issue” we do restart (see OLR).

Part of SNAIL is giving some room in turn 1 - especially on the round 2 reverse grid of combo. Even with our sprint model, there is definitely time to eventually pass.

Glad you are feeling the camaraderie of SNAIL with close-quarter clean racing.

Personally, I aim for consistency (doesn’t always happen) and once I stopped chasing positions and racing my best race - door to door with no real worry of a punt - I just have really been enjoying SNAIL. (Last paragraph is just my two cents)

Last edited:
Always a pleasure to help anyway i can. Thank you @gulfvet67 @stelephant for helping with Texting, Data, Scoring and uploading replays. Always fun having a different combo each weekend. Do not forget as well we turn clocks forward an hour this Saturday Night past 2 am i believe it is so it will be 2am Sunday when we fast forward one hour. If there is a problem at the start with stuck on grid, just text that driver is stuck and we will restart a race. Thanks to @vsfit and everyone for helping Snail remain smooth.

Last edited:
Congratulations @stelephant, @racingchamp30 and @gulfvet67

Feb D4.jpg

Welcome to all the new folks to d4! Looking forward to running with you this evening.
On a separate note, if we ever need anyone to volunteer to help I would be happy to volunteer. Just let me know!
See the March season post. Let me know what you are interested in.
:cheers:

Just a quick note here guys. I will be taking a step back from the heavy lifting in SNAIL for a bit beginning next season.

My little guy is 4 months old and much more active. I can’t commit to nights where I may be needed.

I appreciate the support from @racingchamp30, @gulfvet67, and @vsfit - and now @Fudman420 - for the past couple months.

Divisions don’t run without volunteers. So if you are interested in helping out, because you enjoy SNAIL on a weekly basis, consider trying out some duties.

Looking forward to racing and volunteering - just in a modified capacity.
:cheers:

Back