SNAIL Division 4 - January 2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final rankings for the season.

Congrats to Mr @JLBowler for kicking our butts! Well done!

d4a ranking jan 16.jpg

Congrats to @aerolite. No wins for the season but still ranked 3rd. Just shows where consistency puts you!

@JLBowler, when you update the driver list, can you not put me down as inactive? I'm coming back this Sunday and I think I'm about at the limit in that regard.

I believe I will still be in this division next season (tomorrow) so I will post here. Fair warning I will be 50/50 tomorrow to race as I am going up north to arrow head to go on the skating trail.

Ice skating? Trail? Do tell.

I know I raced well but due to my IRs and/or suspension/now probation I'm probably staying as well. I hope everyone is liking my track choice :nervous:

It's up by muskoka's 3 hours north of me, It's an ice trail look em up Arrowhead.The 1.3 km Ice Skating trail winds through the thick Muskoka forest

Ice skating? Trail? Do tell.

I know I raced well but due to my IRs and/or suspension/now probation I'm probably staying as well. I hope everyone is liking my track choice :nervous:
I thought about slamming it just for the fun of it but haven't actually driven it yet

It's actually quite fun. Apricot Hill is a great track for side by side & over/under racing, and the car works well here more than almost any other track. I really tried every track and it works at some other places but I know those tracks aren't always well received.

If the track was frozen, I was probably going to pick the LCC Rocket or something equally light and quick. Maybe the 86 Racing or a GT300 car. Probably just stick with the Rocket

The combo is very very good.
Apricot Hill has lots of side by side possibilities and the car lends itself very well for it.
I only practiced once, on Wednesday, and did 2 races and both were really fun.

I haven't practiced the other ones, but I'm still racing tomorrow. Just hoping not to embarrass myself...

Seriously practice them at least a few laps, enough time to account for two races each. The Corvette is tough under braking like you wouldn't expect considered otherwise it handles really well. The Zonda is more forgiving, actually great brakes, but has slight rotation issues on turn in/lift. I think it's the same thing conceptually that happens with the X-BOW. The track really lets the car work though which is nice.

Seriously practice them at least a few laps, enough time to account for two races each. The Corvette is tough under braking like you wouldn't expect considered otherwise it handles really well. The Zonda is more forgiving, actually great brakes, but has slight rotation issues on turn in/lift. I think it's the same thing conceptually that happens with the X-BOW. The track really lets the car work though which is nice.
I liked the Corvette. I don't think I was particularly competitive in that, but the car feels great. I'm going to drive a few laps tomorrow. Now I'm going to do a bit of Project Cars and then off to bed. No sense in going into Sunday sleep deprived...

The track isn't great unfortunately. I hope it's just poorly represented and not this difficult in real life. The infield flat sections are so tough. There's just no camber in the road to help you around. I'm gonna start testing to see what track it's good at.

During the wet qualifying, the water was pooling on the inside, so there's probably at least a bit of a camber in the inside track. From the onboards, it looks like it's slight, but it's there.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure those things don't matter in pro/del.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back