SNAIL Division 4 - September 2015 Season

• Thread starter fzappa
  • 96 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO SNAILS,
Greetings from the not so sunny island of England. There is a nation wide manhunt for a shifty character called Mr. Sun. please report sightings to MI5.
article-2170417-13F98753000005DC-628_964x642.jpg

Any way it's time for my weekly report on sunday night.
I was really looking forward to racing, as during the week I had time to practice with my fellow Mangos and had a laugh practicing. With the patient help of @TomMang_68 @USERID_77a23 @STEAMER62 @pubason @cliff eden [and a SNAIL that instantly won my respect with his demeanor, skill, racecraft and above all, A well of knowledge (which he so readily gave me bucketfulls to quench my thirst for SPEEEEED)] @MarkR420, I quickly improved my personal best. Mr @MarkR420 I :bowdown::cheers:.. I see Mark rising up the divisions really quickly and will soon be fighting for track space with the likes of my good mango friends @USERID_77a23 @TomMang_68 and @kickenit4evr in the near future. I hope we get the chance to race together in the same division before you pass me onto higher divisions just like you do when we practice :lol::lol:

By the start of the official times when all drivers had to report to the pit lane there were only 6 drivers. I was a bit disappointed at this as division was usually 10-12 drivers deep. The host @WIDEeyedDRIVR gave it a few extra minutes and then called for green light.

Everything went smoothly from R1 quali to the last race.
The pack was small in comparison but the adrenalin rush was just the same as always. individual battles were starting to emerge as the field was evenly matched in terms of average lap times. Unfortunately spin outs did spread the field but this was still exciting as any driver could go round a bend and realise the car ahead has had [what my daughters call] a wobbly and has lost time trying to save it and succeeding in doing that or just totally loosing [which happened in my case and a few others - memorable one was when a certain driver spun in the last corner on the last lap @trial mountain. I felt your pain.]

On that note I would like to congratulate all prize winners and those who made it to the podiums.
See you on Sunday and LET'S DO IT AGAIN:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: ENJOY HIGHLIGHTS FROM TRIAL MOUNTAIN:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:
Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg
tcrash15 @P1 with 1.41.769:bowdown:
Trial Mountain Circuit_1.jpg
Onyx58 P2 with 1.42.760

Trial Mountain Circuit_2.jpg
Engmatic1 p3 with 1.42.824

Trial Mountain Circuit_4.jpg

WideEyedDriver p4 with 1.42.980
Trial Mountain Circuit_5.jpg
Die_bidrie_Die p5 with 1.43.130

Trial Mountain Circuit_6.jpg

Jlbowler p6 with 1.43.214

Trial Mountain Circuit_7.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_8.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_9.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_10.jpg

by turn 3 the pack was settling down and tcrash15 was still ahead/ there was no position changes
Trial Mountain Circuit_11.jpg
A spin out @T4 lp1 hands the lead to Onyx58. Pit rumours after the race suggests that tcrash15 was having trouble with his pedals. His gas peddle was jamming and this went on to ruin tcrash's night. Good sportsmanship kicked in and even though he tried to race with a dodgy peddle he did his best not to ruin any one's race. Kept out of the way when he had to but still made it challenging if you happened to be quicker than him.
Trial Mountain Circuit_12.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_13.jpg

Jlbowler lining Die_birdie_up for a pass, which leads to a series of great racecraft from both drivers as they fought for a spot they both felt they deserved.
Trial Mountain Circuit_14.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_15.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_16.jpg

untill birdie oversteers out of the turn and was surprised by the cold tires...while just ahead eng starts to notice wide_eyed inching closer after each turn and starts to get worried.
Trial Mountain Circuit_17.jpg
jlbowler pushing hard

Trial Mountain Circuit_18.jpg

Battle for pos3 starts to rage between wide_eyed and die birdie
Trial Mountain Circuit_19.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_20.jpg

mango blimp.jpg

the mango blimp salutes all birthday and 1 year anniversary mangoes:gtpflag:

Attachments

• Trial Mountain Circuit_21.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_21.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_22.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_22.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_23.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_23.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_24.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_24.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_25.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_25.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_26.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_26.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_27.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_27.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_28.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_28.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_29.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_29.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_30.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_30.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_31.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_31.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_32.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_32.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_33.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_33.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_34.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_34.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_35.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_35.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_36.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_36.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_37.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_37.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_38.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_38.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_39.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_39.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_40.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_40.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_41.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_41.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_42.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_42.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_43.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_43.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_44.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_44.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_45.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_45.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_46.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_46.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_47.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_47.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_48.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_48.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_49.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_49.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_50.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_50.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_51.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_51.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_52.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_52.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_53.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_53.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 19
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_54.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_54.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Trial Mountain Circuit_55.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit_55.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 19
Good morning everyone. I hate to report this but I will not be racing tonight. I had a lot of stuff going on this past week. I'm in the process of looking for a new place to live and have 6 appts to look at apts today that will last past the start of tonight's race.
My friends think I'm crazy moving from the place I am currently living, 4 blocks away from Santa Monica beach and pay $900 a month for rent. When I tell them the reason why, they don't think I'm crazy. The new owner of my building offered to buy out my lease for $50,000 and I took it. When I move, they can get over $2000 per month for my place. Now I have to find a place by Nov 1st so I'm scrambling right now. It kind of sucks because I've lived here for 15 years but money talks.
I did put some of the money to very good use. I purchased a 2012 Mazda MAZDA3 s Grand Touring Hatchback 2.5 for $19000. It has 30000 miles and it is in mint condition. And it's a certified pre-owned so I get the warranty and I purchased an extended warranty also. I'll post some pics soon. It's an awesome car. I was going to buy the Mazdaspeed3 hatchback but insurance on it is ridiculous.

I'd like to make sure that all of the D4 duties are filled. @WIDEeyedDRIVR is going to be the host tonight and I was hoping that @Die_Birdy_Die would take care of the Scorkeeping and Replay Uploads like he did last week. @SlvrOnyx I'm sure will take care of the data.

@Engmatic1, great job on the photos and video recap.

Guys, remember, don't for get to collect your $hells.

Have an awesome race tonight and I will definitely miss being there with all of you.

Last edited:
I was certain to race tonight but Mexican food has quashed that certainty. I've spent the day puking and and I'm in no shape to race.
Have fun and enjoy yourselves, gents.

Can some one please upload the last race. That I forgot to save, canuck should be up for a prize unless the deadline is missed.

Can some one please upload the last race. That I forgot to save, canuck should be up for a prize unless the deadline is missed.
If you tell me how to do it I can help. I know how to save to memory stick but I do not know where to upload to

If you tell me how to do it I can help. I know how to save to memory stick but I do not know where to upload to
are you windows 7?

1) save replays
2) export replays to XMB
3) save replays from XMB to a memory stick
4) hook memory stick up to computer
5) drag PS3 file from memory stick to a brand new folder (just to make it easier to drag and drop into D5 replay folder in google docs)
6) right click on PS3 file
7) click on "save to"
8) click on compressed (zipped) folder
9) open D4 folder
10) drag and drop zipped folder into the D4 folder

are you windows 7?

1) save replays
2) export replays to XMB
3) save replays from XMB to a memory stick
4) hook memory stick up to computer
5) drag PS3 file from memory stick to a brand new folder (just to make it easier to drag and drop into D5 replay folder in google docs)
6) right click on PS3 file
7) click on "save to"
8) click on compressed (zipped) folder
9) open D4 folder
10) drag and drop zipped folder into the D4 folder

darn it .. I do not have winzip on this laptop at the moment. What is the deadline? I will try to upload but might take a while.

it's only 1 race it will take no time at all and if you are windows 7 you have a win zip follow the directions

Ok . had to download an app. I am on windows10. I have the zip file where do i find the d4 folder?

I've got WinX and it has native zip support built in the same as win7 and Vista. Just right click a folder or file you wish to include in the zip archive, click Send to>>zip (compressed) file. Name the zip as you please then upload.

Internet is on and off, ISP having problems in my region. There are still hours to go, but if it doesn't stabilise, I'm out today yet again, unfortunately.
Still hoping problem goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back