SNAIL Division 5 - March Season

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 83 comments
I can do replay upload, including this week. For Host, data, scorekeeper, I need some offline talk to make sure I understand it please. Texting doesnt seem too bad/difficult. Im sure I can take at least 2 and be a backup for another though without issue.

@Nick Cannella would you have time this week/next to teach me scorekeeping and data? I'll review OLR for hosting info again.
Maybe we can talk after Snail practice Thursday. Thanks @Micr0z!

Just to kinda piggy back off of what nick is saying I can help you guys if theres questions just message me. Texting and replays are easy scorekeeping you'll need to get screenshots of qualifying and end of the race results to make it easier, hosting needs a strong connection preferred LAN line connection, and data (to be honest nick knows more about that than I do)

As an aside for those who are unaware, the scorekeeper goes first in qualifying and the host goes last. Therefore the same person cannot do both.

It's not the end of the world if the same guy does both hosting and scores. Sometimes it's the only way to get both done. The whole idea for scorekeeper to go first during qually is so that he can be ready to punch in the qually time on the sheet the second the last guy crosses the line (since he finished qualifying first). The host goes last so he can easily back out to the lobby screen and boot any randoms that may join during qually. By being last he doesn't lose his place in line and can rejoin the track without holding up anyone.

It's just to try and save time but by no means can the scorekeeper and host not be the same person.

Don't forget to claim any $hells you'll all be earning in the future. Read this for more info

Hey guys, here are the combos for this weekend, last one for the season/month

19979156-7B08-434E-8C69-179BBC7EB1D8.jpeg

Lets all welcome @math_is_tight to division 5!. Some things to keep in mind:

Welcome to SNAIL! The first race is always a little confusing on how SNAIL operates and one thing i like to do is give the new comers a heads up on the procedures we all go by on race night.

1. When you enter the room make sure you have the correct car for the track and proceed to the end of turn one, then line up single file for qualifying. hot lapping is not allowed! This is done for the first race of each combo.
2. When qualifying starts we give the driver in front of a 5 second head start; no one should be able to catch the driver in front of them. If a driver does catch you we all ask you don't hold them up, please get off the race line let them pass and continue on once they are clear of your car.
3. Qualifying consists of 1 out lap and 1 qualifying lap. Once you finish the hot lap pull over with the rest of the group.
4. If at any point in qualifying you go off track do not complete the lap please stay off the race line and pull over to the side your qualifying session is over at that point (we have all ran off a time or two).
5. At the end of the night when the scorekeeper or I ask for votes please pick a combo you would like to vote off. It must be a combo you raced for the vote to count.
6. if there is any questions feel free to ask. There are a few of us who have raced SNAIL for a while and I'm sure someone can help out with any questions
7. Most important have fun and race clean. Respect the other drivers on the track and their position in relation to you.

Lets all welcome @math_is_tight to division 5!. Some things to keep in mind:

Welcome to SNAIL! The first race is always a little confusing on how SNAIL operates and one thing i like to do is give the new comers a heads up on the procedures we all go by on race night.

1. When you enter the room make sure you have the correct car for the track and proceed to the end of turn one, then line up single file for qualifying. hot lapping is not allowed! This is done for the first race of each combo.
2. When qualifying starts we give the driver in front of a 5 second head start; no one should be able to catch the driver in front of them. If a driver does catch you we all ask you don't hold them up, please get off the race line let them pass and continue on once they are clear of your car.
3. Qualifying consists of 1 out lap and 1 qualifying lap. Once you finish the hot lap pull over with the rest of the group.
4. If at any point in qualifying you go off track do not complete the lap please stay off the race line and pull over to the side your qualifying session is over at that point (we have all ran off a time or two).
5. At the end of the night when the scorekeeper or I ask for votes please pick a combo you would like to vote off. It must be a combo you raced for the vote to count.
6. if there is any questions feel free to ask. There are a few of us who have raced SNAIL for a while and I'm sure someone can help out with any questions
7. Most important have fun and race clean. Respect the other drivers on the track and their position in relation to you.

Thanks Nick! I'm very excited for my first Sunday night. My personal goals are just to drive clean and get used to the SNAIL format. Looking forward to racing with you all.

Just to clarify on replays, do they need any naming convention or is it just the tags? I practiced last week and simply put "g" for the required fields, but did the format for tag #1. Which was without a "#" symbol.

Just to clarify on replays, do they need any naming convention or is it just the tags? I practiced last week and simply put "g" for the required fields, but did the format for tag #1. Which was without a "#" symbol.
Just tag #1

All replays must be shared in game and be "tagged" under search tag #1 using the following naming convention: YYYYMMDDdxrxrx To break that down YYYY = year of race, MM = month of race, DD = date of race, dx = division#, rx = round#, rx = race#. An example of this would be 20171203d1r3r2 = 2017 Dec. 3 Division 1, Round 3, Race 2.

Congrats @Bud__Greene @Nick Cannella and @Racer546324 for the podium this season!

You guys might not know this but @Nick Cannella and I have raced with and against each other for almost a year now and man watching us both struggle to see who was gonna be in last place at the end of the night to watching him get a 2nd overall I got to give the man a hand congrats my friend and keep it up get the overall win in April season you deserve it but come near me in arl and I'm putting you in the wall lol (I'm joking but we all know I'm bound to screw up at some point and collect the death wish machine in the process)

Congrats @Bud__Greene @Nick Cannella and @Racer546324 for the podium this season!

You guys might not know this but @Nick Cannella and I have raced with and against each other for almost a year now and man watching us both struggle to see who was gonna be in last place at the end of the night to watching him get a 2nd overall I got to give the man a hand congrats my friend and keep it up get the overall win in April season you deserve it but come near me in arl and I'm putting you in the wall lol (I'm joking but we all know I'm bound to screw up at some point and collect the death wish machine in the process)
@TexasJDC, thanks so much buddy, I appreciate the kind words. I will see you out on the ARL track and back here once in a while. Our battles are not over!

Back