SNAIL Division 6 - February 2016 Season

• Thread starter pubason
  • 59 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys... Im sorry for 1 not racing last night and 2 not letting yall know ahead of time... Ma picked me up from dads (nova) and i mentioned racing tonight and she flipped out on me and said i couldnt race because i have 2 cs... Anyone have a room open right now? Im up to join moms at work lol

Gotta room open in snail club lobby in community... Please join i need some pressure to get effective practice... Pleaseeee

i would. but. yeah, dosent show the states. but thats my internet outage map. im right in the middle of the big red dot

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-23_20-26-21.png
    upload_2016-2-23_20-26-21.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 12
So, apparently the passing move some drivers have been performing on me in the tight turns is legal, even though I find it to be 100% disrespectful and an A-Hole maneuver. With that said, the only reason (Key word ONLY) a driver is able to pull off that maneuver is because we are side by side getting ready to enter into a turn, I slow down so we can take the turn side by side, not risk any accidents and the other drivers decides not to do that, guns it, passes me and jumps right into my lane. If drivers are going to take advantage on my kindness, respectful of other drivers on the track, then I will no longer be the nice driver allowing another racer and I to enter into a turn side by side.
I will not slow down as much, I will keep my speed and not care if contact happens while in the turn, since that is how some drivers choose to drive on the track and treat me. If you will not break and stay in your lane and go through the return side by side neither will I. Some may call my new actions disrespectful, but if the other driver doesn't care why should I? Why should I allow other drivers to just take advantage of me? For now on if contact happens and it ruins drivers races and mine so be it. You get what you ask for. That is what drivers will get for pulling an A-Hole maneuver like that on me. I have only had an I.R.'s files against me three times since joining this racing club. That shows just how clean of a racer/driver I am, but I guess that needs to change. Maybe I need to do commit certain actions on the track to get the message through to other drivers.

You are not as good as you think you are or else you would not be in D6 .If you want to pull punches so be it .be ready for many more IR'S . You will never be promoted with that attitude .You have a IR from last week lets see how that pans out .This is not your soap box and your coments are not welcome .I come here to race with friends , you need to work on playing with others better .I am not looking for a your good aproval telling you to cool your jets .

I know for sure that i havent done anything to u so im confident in saying this while expecting minimal retaliation... Your in d6... Entry level racing... You have been up to d3 i think... 3 irs in however long uve been here... I have 0... And ive been in this division longer... No hard feelings dude but lay off ur in d6 this is the fun/ serious leage... U want super clean AND fast... Get faster and cleaner urself to move up divisions... Sorry if this came across as rude or disrespectful given my somewhat smart remarks but ease up... Thats all
Firing a room up to anyone who wants to join

You are not as good as you think you are or else you would not be in D6 .If you want to pull punches so be it .be ready for many more IR'S . You will never be promoted with that attitude .You have a IR from last week lets see how that pans out .This is not your soap box and your coments are not welcome .I come here to race with friends , you need to work on playing with others better .I am not looking for a your good aproval telling you to cool your jets .

Lets get the facts straight right now. Me being in D6 is based on my lap times, less active members in S.N.A.I.L. and nothing else. It's not based on whether or not I pushing people off that track, spinning people out or I.R.s filed against me or contact with other drivers. If it were I sure as hell wouldn't be in D6 when I was up driving and racing in D4. Ask many of the people I have driven with in other divisions and they will tell you I don't belong in D6 entry level. I've been told so by other members.
Yeah Pubason, you filed an I.R. against me and it's was only my third time ever having an I.R. filed against me my whole time in S.N.A.I.L., so yes, I am as clean of a driver as I say I am. Like I said in the I.R. reply for your I.R. against me, you went wide in the turn, I then went low in the turn, then you came down into the lower lane where I was and made contact with me. I didn't come up into your lane and make contact with you. I could of passed you while you were swerving after making contact with me, but I didn't. The front of my car was even with your driver side front door when contact was made. PS: As for what a Dive Bomb is/means: you have to come from above someone and dive down into him or her for that to be defined as a dive bomb. You can't dive up towards someone. Go read the definition for the word DIVE.
As for this not being my soap box. It's not a soap box, it's a forum for discussion. I said what I felt I needed about the issue. We have free speech in this country I will discuss and say what I feel I need to say in order to get my point a crossed. I did so without cussing at anyone and without calling anyone out by name.
You come to race with friends, good for you. Not everyone in S.N.A.I.L. is my friend, I don't know everyone, nor do I need them to be my friend in order to race and race cleanly with others. I have some friends in S.N.A.I.L. and that is fine with me. I play well with others, I don't play well with others who wish to do certain track maneuvers. You know, I could start doing those maneuvers also, but I'm not that type of driver.

I know for sure that i havent done anything to u so im confident in saying this while expecting minimal retaliation... Your in d6... Entry level racing... You have been up to d3 i think... 3 irs in however long uve been here... I have 0... And ive been in this division longer... No hard feelings dude but lay off ur in d6 this is the fun/ serious leage... U want super clean AND fast... Get faster and cleaner urself to move up divisions... Sorry if this came across as rude or disrespectful given my somewhat smart remarks but ease up... Thats all
Firing a room up to anyone who wants to join

Chevy you have caused me no track issues. As for being in D6 please read what I said in my reply to Pubason about that. I seen you had opened up a room, but I wasn't unable to race at that time. I normally only race in the evenings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chevy you have caused me no track issues. As for being in D6 please read what I said in my reply to Pubason about that. I seen you had opened up a room, but I wasn't unable to race at that time. I normally only race in the evenings.
I am glad about that. I still agree with what I said but I was heated because mom had been yelling at me so I saw that and of course said something. Still we are in D6 and it is just a game. Thanks again and am sorry for the possible attitude. Lol

I know I'm new here, but I'm surprised by the volatility of this convo. Isn't the IR format supposed to reduce or prevent these kinds of arguments? It seems pretty clear that if there is an issue you file and IR and move on to the next race, right?

I had fun racing with you guys and appreciate the work that @pubason (and others) put in to hosting this past Sunday. Looking forward to many more.

I know I'm new here, but I'm surprised by the volatility of this convo. Isn't the IR format supposed to reduce or prevent these kinds of arguments? It seems pretty clear that if there is an issue you file and IR and move on to the next race, right?

I had fun racing with you guys and appreciate the work that @pubason (and others) put in to hosting this past Sunday. Looking forward to many more.

You are exactly right.

What was posted earlier is being discussed by the Board of Directors.

People are just getting heated. There's been some drama in SNAIL recently. Just do as I do and ignore it

I'm saddened by @pubason decision to leave , I sincerely wish he would reconsider. No one made me feel more welcome or explained rules than pub.
Division 6 would need a new host as a result.

Regarding the incident in question. IR's should not be taken so personally. I believe they are supposed to help us perfect our race craft. This is all supposed to be a fun exercise.
Take it in good faith and move on, that's what I do, and I have had a bunch, and have made many mistakes.

My friends there is no way that I would leave you in a pinch .I will still host ,do the replays and data .One person could not keep me from doing what is right .I will not race but expect for you to show everyone what D6 is about friends having a great night of racing and fun .So sorry about the drama ,lets just move on ,I can forgive but will not forget. Hopefully @JLBowler and @CoachMK21 will let me do this for you .I will not race......

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends there is no way that I would leave you in a pinch .I will still host ,do the replays and data .One person could not keep me from doing what is right .I will not race but expect for you to show everyone what D6 is about friends having a great night of racing and fun .So sorry about the drama ,lets just move on ,I can forgive but will not forget. Hopefully @JLBowler and @CoachMK21 will let me do this for you .I will not race......

I'm sorry my post offended you. In my original post I spoken about how I felt about an issue. I mentioned no names, nor did I call anyone out. You must of assumed my post was about you because you decided to reply basically saying I'm not as clean of a driver as I think I am, you spoken how you thought I was merely an entry level drive and that is why I was in D6.

Then you brought up the I.R. you filed against me in the form. Since you decided to call me out individually on the form I replied. Then you quit S.N.A.I.L.. Do you really feel this is worth quitting S.N.A.I.L. over? Then you said you will do the regular duties, but not race. Is that really how you want it to be? Someone says something you don't like or agree with so you quit? You know you want to race, so report to the track at race time. I said I was sorry.

No racing for me tonight. Been out of town for a few days and haven't had any practice time.

Plus my wife is heading out of town for a week long work trip tomorrow so I think she'd be slightly annoyed if I spent all night racing, not hanging with her! :lol:

I should be back next week, or possibly check out Miata Monday's. Good luck tonight!

Can post them in the main tread if you want or the media thread. Place most or all of the pictures behind a spoiler tab. Ones that browse using their phones will greatly appreciate that.

So im probably going to miss the first race of the first combo. Im going to Baltimore to see my friend and won't be back in time for first race. But if i can race the other one i will

i think imma miss this weeks race. i havent been able to practice because i've been out of town. unless i practice non stop til the race tomorrow night, but I'm having connection problems (like every other weekend) so i cant get any tips or anything from anyone. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back