SNAIL - Endurance Series Year 2

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by Neutty, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Bologna_Duc

Bologna_Duc

As much as I like the endurance format, for the purposes of happy cohabitation, I have to be selective about race nights. I want to give @THRASH Super Formula series a try so will not be participating in this season of endurance.

2. Neutty

Neutty

Awesome have fun over there!! We will see soon. Give @THRASH our love!

3. Neutty

Neutty

If brad doesn’t have the room open by 8:30est can you get it open please? Also, you can change the tire wear to reset the room quicker than the time of day Incase you were unaware.

I really appreciate this!! Btw, it’s storming here right now and our power has flickered a time or two soooo, I guess it’s Gods way of saying you ain’t racing tonight!!

SAMHAIN85 and GTP_Guido like this.
  4. Infineon

Infineon

I'd like to participate in tonight's race, but I can't join till 9pm est. (family night, we watch The Flash, ends at 9pm LoL). I'm fine with starting in the back.

TexasJDC, GTP_Guido and Neutty like this.
  5. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

Lobby open:

0475-4237-9694-3604-6404

I'll start my stream once we begin qualifying

Herimopp89 and GTP_Guido like this.
  6. Cornbread243

Cornbread243

Looking for that Snail Logo on the first post or any other if you can point me to them.

7. Neutty

Neutty

GTP_Guido likes this.
  8. GTP_Guido

GTP_Guido Premium

@Neutty
    Is the tire compound we use in qualifying the tire compound we must start the race on?

9. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

GTP_Guido likes this.
  10. THRASH

THRASH

Good ole pot of $$$ at the end. Just saying.

11. vsfit

vsfit

great racing tonight everyone.

SAMHAIN85 likes this.
  12. TexasJDC

TexasJDC

13. Cornbread243

Cornbread243

Thanks for the race. @TexasJDC told ya I could do worse. What's my prize?

Seriously, I apologize to a lot of yuns. Especially to that train that passed by me at pit entrance.

Phlano099 likes this.
  14. TexasJDC

TexasJDC

Did ya have fun? That's what it's all about. Theres a good group of fast guys here. watch them, learn, and ask questions that's what I've been doing for a year now.

Phlano099 likes this.
  15. GTP_Guido

GTP_Guido Premium

I would like to formely apologize to @Jw_wk1010 for turn 1. This was one of the moments where I could rage quit the whole racing thing. :banghead:

Jw_wk1010 likes this.
  16. Jacob Falcon

Jacob Falcon

@Cornbread243 all I could do is laugh when when you spun in the s turn and was a road block I couldn’t avoid lol I was going to try and stay out but at the end of the lap it felt like my front wheels were going to fall off lol. It was a ton of fun I look forward to next week and cornbread don’t worry about anything it’s all about having fun

vsfit and GTP_Guido like this.
  17. Herimopp89

Herimopp89 Premium

the battle i seen in front of me was great between 3 drivers for 5th 6th & 7th they were so close after 90 minutes of racing...i will say this i am really conditoned for 40 minute racing after about an hr i had to pee so bad and what not. But i still enjoyed it

18. Cornbread243

Cornbread243

Yep. Still had fun with it. Just a bad night for me and I felt bad others got collected. The esses got me twice Mr. Falcon. You got the worst. I was hoping like the devil the was enough room/time for whoever was coming to have a clear direction.

TexasJDC and GTP_Guido like this.
  19. Jacob Falcon

Jacob Falcon

It’s all good though I seen it happening and I was like damn and I didn’t have enough time to stop my car I felt bad for you as well

TexasJDC and GTP_Guido like this.
  20. Jacob Falcon

Jacob Falcon

I went pee when I putted one time lol

GTP_Guido likes this.
  21. vsfit

vsfit

I really missed this series. I'm not much of a sprint racer. I was on a chat with a few guys who I really never conversed with prior to this race and was amused with the conversation and lighthearted ribbing going on. I'm not going to mention any names, but as a group they were really pulling for everyone on track to have a good race. Thanks to @Sean Renon and @Herimopp89 for helping me find a pace. Sean helped with that T2 hard right and following the line Herimopp was running helped me pick up a second over my previous fastest lap. It was fun watching the battle between P2-4 play itself out over the course of the race and come down to the last 5-6 laps. Congrats to @SAMHAIN85 for the win.

22. Neutty

Neutty

Sounds like a great night of racing. It really sucks I had to sit out, but that’s life. I got the results and from the looks of it @SAMHAIN85 has the choice for the week 3 combo. Next week is Nurburgring Gr.3. See 2nd post for a little more information.

@SAMHAIN85 you have until race time This coming Tuesday to release your combo and remember to read the rules on the first about combo selection.

Phlano099, TexasJDC and GTP_Guido like this.
  23. Sean Renon

Sean Renon

JW gave me internet problems - couldn't even get back on the internet for nearly 30 minutes after I disconnected. :(

It was kind've funny because I was telling JW I was going to divebomb him (I was just behind him), then you came flying up and dive bombed both of us...
    Unfortunately we both got damage.

vsfit, Herimopp89 and GTP_Guido like this.
  24. GTP_Guido

GTP_Guido Premium

Oh sorry, I didn’t realize that I hit you as well. :(

25. Sean Renon

Sean Renon

You didn't, you hit JW into me though.

GTP_Guido likes this.
  26. Herimopp89

Herimopp89 Premium

like i said in the chat you had a great pace at the end of that race...i just wish i wouldn't have messed up with 5 minutes to go i was making time up on 2nd place and after that the car was a handful...all in all it was a fun race

27. Fudman420

Fudman420

I'd love to try this series but I'm a bit concerned about using a ds4 and the bad tire wear that comes with it. Any ds4 folks that currently run the series? If so, what are your thoughts? Is using a ds4 viable?

GTP_Guido and Cornbread243 like this.
  28. Sean Renon

Sean Renon

I use a DS4, it takes time to get used to.
    We tend to cause sliding more often which hurts the tires - and when the tires do get worn down it's definitely easier to slide around - that being said, I have won some of these endurance races in the past on a DS4.

vsfit, GTP_Guido and Fudman420 like this.
  29. Cornbread243

Cornbread243

DS4 is viable. I'm poor as well and use the controller. Actually rant a test with a friend versus his wheel and had better tire wear. My experience seems to be the difference in braking and acceleration.

GTP_Guido likes this.
  30. Neutty

Neutty

Hey guys, we are possibly looking into a confirmation list going forward. If I would have been there it sounds like we would have had 18 racers. By having a confirmation list we will be able to split the lobbies prior and if some don’t make it we can merge the lobbies together.