SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
Let's give timed endurance another chance in a practice race tonight (I'm planning on a 50 minute race at 9:00 EST), and if it goes poorly we can resort to a lap race tomorrow night.

Let's give timed endurance another chance in a practice race tonight (I'm planning on a 50 minute race at 9:00 EST), and if it goes poorly we can resort to a lap race tomorrow night.
Refresh, if you do a frame by frame on my clip, I crossed the line before the timer ran out so there was no issue with the endurance race.

The slower cars still have a timer reguardless. There should be an issue there. Laps may actually throw them off more

Refresh, if you do a frame by frame on my clip, I crossed the line before the timer ran out so there was no issue with the endurance race.

Yes i know, that's my point.

In previous races, anyone on the same lap as you (live lap) get to finish that lap.

How it should've gone is you, Neutty and JW should've all done another lap, and the game was going to allow that, but after 20 or so seconds after you started your final lap then the game called final lap on Neutty and JW.

So the theory is we need like a motocross scoring 30 minutes plus two laps no way to really pull it off unless we bump the timer back or something or set it as the 90 minutes and the finish timer whatever another lap would be ie at brands hatch we could of set the end timer for 130 after the leader crosses

i vote to keep the timer. I enjoy not having the set laps and you can see how many laps youre down but since we run two divisions technically we are running two races at the same time. (not trying to sound dumb) so the faster division can plan for the laps but the slower division cannot. It makes sense in my head lol.

i vote to keep the timer. I enjoy not having the set laps and you can see how many laps youre down but since we run two divisions technically we are running two races at the same time. (not trying to sound dumb) so the faster division can plan for the laps but the slower division cannot. It makes sense in my head lol.
Makes perfect sense

@THRASH There will be 2 rooms one for D1 and one for D2....

@TEX36 can you host the D2 room? You do a great job on hosting the practice rooms!!
@BradESPN not trying to step on your toes, but i think Tex would be a great fit!

as far as time, even the D2 can plan for the time left in the race. The timer is the same for all. Where the laps may not be, the timer is the same. You can still plan it out. sure you may be a lap short or a lap over, but the entire field of slower cars is on the same page.

I can make a practice race tonight...same cars as last week?

Yes i know, that's my point.

In previous races, anyone on the same lap as you (live lap) get to finish that lap.

How it should've gone is you, Neutty and JW should've all done another lap, and the game was going to allow that, but after 20 or so seconds after you started your final lap then the game called final lap on Neutty and JW.
So if you look at the video, the game calls final lap right away in the top left. And I don't know what you mean by let them finish a lap. Once the final lap sign goes up that's it, you cross the line and that's your position. If it had worked differently in the past, I would consider that the bug, not what happened last week. It's just not very normal for the timer to run out splitting the field so dramatically, but that isn't a bug, its just how the race went that night.

D2... didn't see anything in the thread...maybe just missed it
D2 car

A11109E2-84FE-4616-9D79-6E9C6E65D024.png

So if you look at the video, the game calls final lap right away in the top left. And I don't know what you mean by let them finish a lap. Once the final lap sign goes up that's it, you cross the line and that's your position. If it had worked differently in the past, I would consider that the bug, not what happened last week. It's just not very normal for the timer to run out splitting the field so dramatically, but that isn't a bug, its just how the race went that night.

It calls final lap on your screen as soon as it knows your on the final lap.
But for others racing it doesn't call final lap unless it truly is their final lap.

All racing that is timed does not function like you are describing.

Let's say you crossed the line at Nurburgring 24H, and a few seconds later the time runs out, but I'm 30 seconds behind you.

Since the leader never lapped me, I have to do one more lap as I'm technically still on the lead lap, even though I passed the line when the timer was out of time. Nurb is a long track and you are not guaranteed a win simply by being 30 seconds ahead.

Conversely, what if I was only 5 seconds behind, but you crossed the line with 2 seconds remaining, I don't get to race you?

It's endurance, anything can happen, JW was 30~ seconds behind you could've had an off.

I still think last week was a bug because the whole time we've ran endurance it doesn't matter how far behind the leader you are, so long as you are still on the lead lap you get to finish the race. I have screenshots of people finishing 1+ minute behind the leader, JW and Neutty were only 30~ seconds behind, but they were ended and ultimately finished +1 lap behind.

It calls final lap on your screen as soon as it knows your on the final lap.
But for others racing it doesn't call final lap unless it truly is their final lap.

All racing that is timed does not function like you are describing.

Let's say you crossed the line at Nurburgring 24H, and a few seconds later the time runs out, but I'm 30 seconds behind you.

Since the leader never lapped me, I have to do one more lap as I'm technically still on the lead lap, even though I passed the line when the timer was out of time. Nurb is a long track and you are not guaranteed a win simply by being 30 seconds ahead.

Conversely, what if I was only 5 seconds behind, but you crossed the line with 2 seconds remaining, I don't get to race you?

It's endurance, anything can happen, JW was 30~ seconds behind you could've had an off.

I still think last week was a bug because the whole time we've ran endurance it doesn't matter how far behind the leader you are, so long as you are still on the lead lap you get to finish the race. I have screenshots of people finishing 1+ minute behind the leader, JW and Neutty were only 30~ seconds behind, but they were ended and ultimately finished +1 lap behind.
That's fine, but that's not how gt sport endurance races have ever worked, and since they don't seem to be putting much effort into adding additional customization to custom lobbies, that's how it probably will work for the remainder of the game. It may not be "fair" but that's endurance racing.

You're saying you don't like how it behaves because it can cut short a good battle. I'm saying the game behaved as expected and did not in fact glitch so there is no reason to move to a lapped race instead of a timed race.

Do we have an accurate headcount for tonight. Not sure if I am going to run tonight and if we were to be over 16, would make my decision easier.

Back