SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
Final Standings and Prize Winner Update

upload_2019-4-24_9-28-56.png

upload_2019-4-24_9-29-11.png

upload_2019-4-24_9-29-41.png

Prize A - @BradESPN - I'll make my car and track selection by EOD Friday to give everyone time to practice.

Special Announcement

Exactly one year ago today, we started the SNAIL Endurance Series with a trial race at Suzuka in the Gr.2 NSX. Since then we've had 54 drivers participate in 56 races over the course of six seasons.

I didn't start this series because I wanted to run a series - I started this series because I wanted to participate in endurance races with other snails. Now that the series is moving along smoothly, and I've found a replacement to take the reins, I'm looking forward to taking a step back and enjoying the series as a weekly participant.

Who's the replacement to takeover? @Neutty, of course! I'm confident that Neutty is the perfect candidate to not only keep this series on track, but to push the series to the next level with his ability to recruit new members, and to keep things interesting for everyone on the current drivers list.

Thanks everyone!

Happy Elimination Day

It's a total embarrassment, a 40 year old Patrick Marleau (who btw had the second lowest expected goals on our team behind our 4th line big bodied centre) played 15 ****ing minutes. Our 21 year old stud superstar centre who's scored 5 goals in this series played 18 ****ing minutes.

Down by 2 with 3 minutes left, pull our goalie and a 40 year old is on the ****ing ice as a 6th attacker.
Our 4th line saw ice time down 2 with 7 minutes left in the ****ing game.

This coach won 1 cup with a stacked Detroit team (no salary cap btw), and then "coached" a team Canada to a gold medal, a ****ing monkey could've coached that team Canada to a gold medal.

It took game 7 of the first round for our coach to finally think that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE he should put our right shot stud winger on the left and our left shot ****ing SNIPER on the ****ing right on the ****ING POWERPLAY. Oh and btw, down by 1 - our STACKED top powerplay unit played 1 minute.

Our coach is a dinosaur, he'll be gone this summer - and the joke of a special teams coach will be gone with him.

Our team may never be this talented again - we're about to get crunched by the cap for this season and we're going to have to lose assets - not gain them, our salary cap will look fine in 2-3 years, but the fact that this team loaded with the talent it has hasn't made it out of the first round 3 years in a row is a ****ing joke.

NHL2019's AI would've controlled the lineups 10x better than Babcock did last night.

It's a total embarrassment, a 40 year old Patrick Marleau (who btw had the second lowest expected goals on our team behind our 4th line big bodied centre) played 15 ****ing minutes. Our 21 year old stud superstar centre who's scored 5 goals in this series played 18 ****ing minutes.

Down by 2 with 3 minutes left, pull our goalie and a 40 year old is on the ****ing ice as a 6th attacker.
Our 4th line saw ice time down 2 with 7 minutes left in the ****ing game.

This coach won 1 cup with a stacked Detroit team (no salary cap btw), and then "coached" a team Canada to a gold medal, a ****ing monkey could've coached that team Canada to a gold medal.

It took game 7 of the first round for our coach to finally think that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE he should put our right shot stud winger on the left and our left shot ****ing SNIPER on the ****ing right on the ****ING POWERPLAY. Oh and btw, down by 1 - our top powerplay unit played 1 minute.

Our coach is a dinosaur, he'll be gone this summer - and the joke of a special teams coach will be gone with him.

Our team may never be this talented again - we're about to get crunched by the cap for this season and we're going to have to lose assets - not gain them, our salary cap will look fine in 2-3 years, but the fact that this team loaded with the talent it has hasn't made it out of the first round 3 years in a row is a ****ing joke.

NHL2019's AI would've controlled the lineups 10x better than Babcock did last night.

Always thought Babcock was over rated cause he inherited the Legendary Wings team and Datsyuk was insane in his prime plus I imagine you know everyone on that team. He coaches team canada every year and I guess that made him bigger then what he is in a sense. He’s definitely fired because the team is ready its just a coaching thing. Honestly after Jon Cooper got humbled by Columbus (@Nick Cannella congrats btw) I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to Toronto

Always thought Babcock was over rated cause he inherited the Legendary Wings team and Datsyuk was insane in his prime plus I imagine you know everyone on that team. He coaches team canada every year and I guess that made him bigger then what he is in a sense. He’s definitely fired because the team is ready its just a coaching thing. Honestly after Jon Cooper got humbled by Columbus (@Nick Cannella congrats btw) I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to Toronto

Cooper signed an extension just before the post season - the details of which haven't been announced yet. Also I don't think the TBL are a rich enough org to fire a coach they literally just extended.

Babcock has 4 years, and 25 million left on his contract but the Leafs basically print money - he'll be gone next year and I expect Dubas will promote Sheldon Keefe (coach of the Marlies), Dubas' primary job when he was assistant GM was to run the Marlies and him and Keefe won a championship together - Keefe has always done well with his players even with the majority of the talent with the big club nowadays. I think he'll manage the younger players much better than Babcock who seems to prefer playing his veterans just because.

Head coaches in general across all the leagues have become younger - I expect Keefe will get the nod as he'll also be relatively cheap which will offset the fact that they're paying Babcock to not make decisions. Of course the Leafs could hire anyone - I think they'll interview a lot of people, assuming they do fire Babcock of course.

Ultimately, 3 years of first round exits with a team this talented is bad, but when you refuse to make adjustments, and you open your post game press conference by throwing your goalie under the bus and saying you "played pretty gud" the writing is on the wall - I expect he'll go and take most of his assistants with him.

CBJ vs Boston matchup will be a good one. Hopefully we can catch some of the games while touring Poland. The Mrs has already scoped out the local taverns/pubs/sports bars etc.
Cinderella!

Special Announcement

Exactly one year ago today, we started the SNAIL Endurance Series with a trial race at Suzuka in the Gr.2 NSX. Since then we've had 54 drivers participate in 56 races over the course of six seasons.

I didn't start this series because I wanted to run a series - I started this series because I wanted to participate in endurance races with other snails. Now that the series is moving along smoothly, and I've found a replacement to take the reins, I'm looking forward to taking a step back and enjoying the series as a weekly participant.

Who's the replacement to takeover? @Neutty, of course! I'm confident that Neutty is the perfect candidate to not only keep this series on track, but to push the series to the next level with his ability to recruit new members, and to keep things interesting for everyone on the current drivers list.

Thanks everyone!
@BradESPN well done. It was my pleasure to participate in this series under your management. @Neutty congrats on the new position. I look forward to continued participation.
On a personal note, 3rd overall for D2?! Showing up pays off and has its rewards even for finishing last.
Thanks to @TEX36 for your continued guidance in this series. I very much appreciate it.

Back