**COMPLETED ** SNAIL-GReddy Z "No ABS" Drivers Challenge Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 564 comments
Great racing last night.

Looking at the kudos prime scores, most people fall into the 60s-70s. And the laptimes were all pretty equal amongst the group. I'd hate to be the reason a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix having to include ballast. I don't have a problem bowing out from the series to keep things even. Maybe introduce a cap for the speedscore? While it's not the end all be all representation of overall pace and skill, it's still a good indicator.

This is so effing funny! This is a gem of a find and I request permission to use it after you are granted permission to use it :)

And here is some more...

I love the jerky boys. I uploaded a clip a long time ago to my YouTube and it now has over 100k hits. It's a classic:

Great racing last night.

Looking at the kudos prime scores, most people fall into the 60s-70s. And the laptimes were all pretty equal amongst the group. I'd hate to be the reason a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix having to include ballast. I don't have a problem bowing out from the series to keep things even. Maybe introduce a cap for the speedscore? While it's not the end all be all representation of overall pace and skill, it's still a good indicator.

I love the jerky boys. I uploaded a clip a long time ago to my YouTube and it now has over 100k hits. It's a classic:

Hey Sam,
Thanks for the input, and absolutely no need to bow out. Kudos is a great starting point as a gauge, but the fast lap data and ballasting will be the fine tunes to bring the field even closer.. Looking at the fast lap times, there is up to a 2.5 second variance from 2nd place to 13th from this event and that was not including your time or the last place finisher. The weight ballast, contigent upon finishing placement would only bring those times closer to one another, making the racing even that much closer. Along with a handicap ballast for podium finishers, the other thought is to afford a weight helper to any drivers outside the top ten to help bring their pace up a notch in an effort to help them be more competitive, and obviously, any drivers with ballast added that finish outside top 5 will drop a point. As has proven in the Porsche series, the floating ballast adjustments do help bring the competition closer together. Once Rob and I have a chance to sure everything up, I plan to tag all drivers to review and vote for or against the ballast process.:cheers:

Last edited:
Great racing last night.

Don't bow out, chasing the faster drivers is half the fun for me, even if sometimes I get a little help from a ballast system :D

Series Ballast Business

Now that our Exhibition Event is complete, the format tested, and some data logged, I'd like to present the idea of implementing a Success Ballast feature. While the racing appeared to be intense, offering some great battles, it did exploit the varying pace of drivers participating. Therefore @Rob Brown and I would like to implement the following success ballast in an effort to tighten up the pace across skillsets to afford even tighter and more intense battles. See below on how the feature will be applied.
For the Season opening Event #1, all drivers will start with the base vehicle weight of 2425lbs. At the end of each event, success weight/ballast will be adjusted to be applied for the next event as follows:

For podium finishers of each event:
1st place Overall: +3% weight add
2nd place Overall: +2% weight add
3rd place Overall: +1% weight add
(Ballast to be added up to a +9% weight add.)
(**Any drivers with added weight ballast that place outside the top 5 will have -1% weight removed**)

For driver on the otherwise of the overall finishing order:
Any driver with an overall finish outside the top 10 (11th-16th) will recieve:
-1% weight reduction.
(Up to a -5% weight reduction)
(**Any drivers that have recieved a weight reduction and places on the podium for an event, weight ballast will be applied as shown above to your most recent weight.)

All drivers that have no weight adjustments that finish between 4th-10th place will remain the same.
All drivers tagged below are asked to review above and reply here in the thread:

For
or
Against

Voting closes next Monday, 1/25/21 at 5pm est or when a simple majority (10 of 18) is reached. (Any drivers who do not reply will be considered indifferent and will be noted as For.

@SAMHAIN85
๐Ÿ‘ @Moby45
@Rob Brown
๐Ÿ‘ @RACECAR
๐Ÿ‘ @Noob01_lmdead
๐Ÿ‘ @llNovall
๐Ÿ‘ @Stryker13
@GTP_Guido
(X) @The Afterman
๐Ÿ‘ @CourageRising
@DublDee
๐Ÿ‘ @Phlano099
๐Ÿ‘ @TEX36
๐Ÿ‘ @GTR4MROD
๐Ÿ‘ @SydViscus
๐Ÿ‘ @racingchamp30
๐Ÿ‘ @IceWarden
@AngryEater

Thanks for everyone's opinion and cooperation. :cheers:

Last edited:
I don't mind either way, the issue of stability under braking seems to be a great equalizer of sorts, but I have no issue with slowing everyone down so I can check their plates.

Looks like those crazy California politicians havenโ€™t taken golf away from you...yet. Technically it is a very โ€œgreenโ€ sport...

The city manager here caved to one "person's" crying and it lasted all of five days. As soon as there was a council meeting, there were over 500 comments submitted in favor of leaving it open and this is a small town. This little area is definately not in line with the rest of California.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Series Ballast Business

Now that our Exhibition Event is complete, the format tested, and some data logged, I'd like to present the idea of implementing a Success Ballast feature. While the racing appeared to be intense, offering some great battles, it did exploit the varying pace of drivers participating. Therefore @Rob Brown and I would like to implement the following success ballast in an effort to tighten up the pace across skillsets to afford even tighter and more intense battles. See below on how the feature will be applied.
For the Season opening Event #1, all drivers will start with the base vehicle weight of 2425lbs. At the end of each event, success weight/ballast will be adjusted to be applied for the next event as follows:

For podium finishers of each event:
1st place Overall: +3% weight add
2nd place Overall: +2% weight add
3rd place Overall: +1% weight add
(Ballast to be added up to a +9% weight add.)
(**Any drivers with added weight ballast that place outside the top 5 will have -1% weight removed**)

For driver on the otherwise of the overall finishing order:
Any driver with an overall finish outside the top 10 (11th-16th) will recieve:
-1% weight reduction.
(Up to a -5% weight reduction)
(**Any drivers that have recieved a weight reduction and places on the podium for an event, weight ballast will be applied as shown above to your most recent weight.)

All drivers that have no weight adjustments that finish between 4th-10th place will remain the same.
All drivers tagged below are asked to review above and reply here in the thread:

For
or
Against

Voting closes next Monday, 1/25/21 at 5pm est or when a simple majority (10 of 18) is reached. (Any drivers who do not reply will be considered indifferent and will be noted as For.

@SAMHAIN85
๐Ÿ‘ @Moby45
@Rob Brown
๐Ÿ‘ @RACECAR
๐Ÿ‘ @Noob01_lmdead
๐Ÿ‘ @llNovall
๐Ÿ‘ @Stryker13
@GTP_Guido
(X) @The Afterman
๐Ÿ‘ @CourageRising
@DublDee
๐Ÿ‘ @Phlano099
๐Ÿ‘ @TEX36
๐Ÿ‘ @GTR4MROD
๐Ÿ‘ @SydViscus
๐Ÿ‘ @racingchamp30
๐Ÿ‘ @IceWarden
@AngryEater

Thanks for everyone's opinion and cooperation. :cheers:
Thanks to everyone for your votes. We have reached a majority favoring implementation of a ballast feature to the series. The first post has been edited to include all necessary details. Event #1 Details and confirmation post will be out in the coming days for our opening February 1st event.:cheers:

GReddy Fugu Z Banner.png

Event Details Post
Points Event #1
on Monday, February 1st, 2021
9pm est,
at Autopolis International
18:15 Clear

Race Event Settings and Details
Track: Autopolis International
Time of Day: 18:15
Conditions: Clear
Qualifying Race: (5 lap= 10+min),
(Grid Set by Host (Based on Starting Grid Sheet)

Points Race 1: (10 laps=20+min),
(Grid Based on Previous Results.)
Point Race 2: (15 laps=30+min),
(Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results.)
Lobby Settings can be found below:

Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail-Fugu Z No ABS Drivers Challenge. Event #1-8, (Date), MEMBERS ONLY
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: Default
Laps: laps to = 10, 20, or 30 minutes
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: Qualifying Race: Set by Host, Points R1: based on prev results/ Points R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results***
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N300
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 294hp
Weight: 2304lbs min
Maximum Tire Rating: Sport Soft
Minimum Tire Rating: Sport Soft
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: Prohibited
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: Prohibited
Auto-Drive: Prohibited
Notes: * There seems to be a glitch that not all friends can find a Friends Only room ** Friends Only room only allows for Fixed Host. Special permission is required to set up a Fixed Host lobby *** In case manual lineup is required, there is and option to set grid manually.

Please see the link below to verify your Driver Weight Regulations and Starting Grid Positions:
Driver Weight Regulations Chart and Starting Grid Chart

Target Average lap times:
TBD

-Above are all the Event #1 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Wednesday, January 27th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn when you know you status.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).

Last edited:
GReddy Z Spotter guide main png-1.png

Confirmation Reminder Post
Points Event #1

at Autopolis International
on Monday,
February 1st, 2020
9pm est

To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Sunday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.

*Room will open at 8:30pm est for warmup/practice. All drivers are asked to please be in the room and greened up no later than 8:50pm est so Rob Brown can set the starting grid positions and verify driver weight regulations. The Qualifying Race begins at 9pm est.

*All drivers should please verify your weight regulations prior to race night which can be found HERE
(Starting position can be found here as well.)

*Points Event #1 details are available in the link below:
Points Event #1 Race Details and Lobby Settings

*Anyone with a ๐Ÿ‘ has already confirmed and are noted to be present for Monday, February 1st. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Sunday (Day before Race Night). *Please reply either way*

๐Ÿ‘= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Primary Drivers Roster
๐Ÿ‘ @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
๐Ÿ‘ @IceWarden / Ice_Warden
๐Ÿ‘ @racingchamp30 / RacingChamp30
๐Ÿ‘ @TEX36 / TEX-36
๐Ÿ‘ @Moby45 / Moby45
(X) @Phlano099 / Phlano_099
๐Ÿ‘ @SydViscus / Sydviscus
๐Ÿ‘ @DublDee / DUB-L-DEE
๐Ÿ‘ @Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig
๐Ÿ‘ @Noob01_lmdead / Rauljimenez76
๐Ÿ‘ @The Afterman / Valkyria61
(X) @AngryEater / AngryEater
๐Ÿ‘ @SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85
๐Ÿ‘ @RACECAR /GTP_RACECAR
๐Ÿ‘ @CourageRising /CreAtlveManlAc
๐Ÿ‘ @GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD

Reserve Drivers
(no specific order. Priority based on date/confirmed available for upcoming event)
๐Ÿ‘ @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (3rd)
@GTP_Guido / TPC_Guido
๐Ÿ‘ @Marcus Garvey / Marcus__Garvey (1st)
๐Ÿ‘ @Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23 (2nd)
๐Ÿ‘ @Xradkins / Xrad-11 (4th)

Last edited:
Back