*COMPLETED* MPGT4CC Season 2 Champion: MrDonovan

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 758 comments

Who's in for finishing out the current Michelin series season on GTSport?

• For finishing out Season on GTSport

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Close current season as it stands and ready up for next season on GT7

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like a fun race. I always enjoy Bathurst, sorry I missed it. I will also have to miss Suzuka unfortunately as I will be out of the country. Planning on making the April and subsequent races.

Enjoyed my first race with u guys in This series. I’m the knuckle head that lap 1 race 2,
Was impressed with the hard but very clean and respectful racing,
Lots of news faces I don’t recognize but seems like alot of Camaraderie in this series,
This tuning still difficult for me and I had a goal to finish 12, threw away 7th first race after that block first corner distracted me lol last lap.

Again big thanks too @llNovall and others for making this happen

Excited what future ideas after these seasons end that GT7 brings like weather and possibly different cars.
Bro I was behind you went you went kinda off on the last lap… I gotta see who hit that block because it was distracting me also big time 🤣 good race bro you had good pace!

Last edited:
Made too many small blunders in the 1st race. 2nd race, started 4th I think, got to second pretty quick (not by my own skill). Settled in 3 or 4 seconds behind Spyder and 2.6 seconds ahead of third. Then caution came, messed up T1, dropped 4 or 6 positions, got thru the carnage, cleaned from behind due to checking up trying to avoid mayhem. So end result after getting going, I was 10 seconds behind 13th place. Pooh!
But wait, there’s more… 12 and 13 place finishes means weight loss or power gain, for Suzuka.
614ADA12-B4D5-4D78-8A4B-1757836A96F0.jpeg

Last edited:
Made too many small blunders in the 1st race. 2nd race, started 4th I think, got to second pretty quick (not by my own skill). Settled in 3 or 4 seconds behind Spyder and 2.6 seconds ahead of third. Then caution came, messed up T1, dropped 4 or 6 positions, got thru the carnage, cleaned from behind due to checking up trying to avoid mayhem. So end result after getting going, I was 10 seconds behind 13th place. Pooh!
But wait, there’s more… 12 and 13 place finishes means weight loss or power gain, for Suzuka.
U must of been laughing at me lap 1 second race
What they heck KG doing lol

Post Race Report is being worked on along with replay broadcasts of both races. Just wanted to drop in to mention that I enjoyed the post race discussions and a few of your post race Briefings here in thread.. .was fun hearing the perspectives from other drivers. Nice work Gents. :cheers:

17f09f67c7e69-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421155711002025_1645139496101 (1)~2.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #8
at Mount Panorama

on 2/11/22

Alright fellas, we survived the Mountain at Bathurst, or at least most of us. Aside from a few of the incidents, the racing overall was clean and very intense. I had planned to elaborate further on my breakdown of the races, but time has run out for me this week...work was busier than it has been lately, and starting tomorrow the Mrs and I are leaving for vacation til Tuesday, so I'll probably be MIA for a few days. With that said, I'm going to rely on the Race Broadcasts to tell the racing stories at the Mountain, and the post race event briefs from @Bologna-Duc , @MrDonovan , and a few others.
For anyone else, feel free to elaborate and share any points from your races.

There were a few reported incidents, however, on track concessions had already sorted the discrepancies with constructive discussion among the drivers involved. Great sportmanship to those drivers. :cheers:
Amendment regarding Starting window.
Currently:
- to be called anywhere from the final corner to the start/finish.
Moving Forward:
* tracks with start/finish lines on long straightaways will default as it was before on the Race Directors call.
** tracks with start/finish lines on short straightaways: the start will be moved to the corner prior to the next long straightaway and will be started on the Race Directors call.
Congratulations to @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 for the overall Event #8 Win :cheers:

And, our Podium:
1st: @Noob01_lmdead
2nd: @socalnatv
3rd: @Harry Rowley

Ballast adjustments have been made based on the results prior to any issuance of penalties, and the BoP chart updated & edited in the 2nd Post. Be sure to verify or adjust your BoP if necessary before our next event.
Screenshot_20220217-172921_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220217-173017_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220217-173128_Sheets.jpg
Photos in process
Event #8, Race 1 at Mount Panorama

Event #8, Race 2 at Mount Panorama

Next Event
Event #9
Friday, March 11th, 9pm est
at Suzuka Circuit
Conditions: TBD

Again, great racing everyone, and I'll see most of your for the Porsche Cup Event on Friday the 25th, and the rest for Event #9 on the 11th at Suzuka.

Last edited:
Series Announcement

We are now inside of 2 weeks before the launch of the highly anticipated GT7 title. As many of you are well aware, both of our current series are still active with 4 events to go in the Michelin series, and half of the Porsche Season (6 events counting this Friday's race event at Barcelona) left to go. This is where decisions have to be made for our next move and /or transition to the new title.
I have contemplated us staying on the GTSport title to the finish our current seasons, while in the meantime preparing and testing for new seasons to start on GT7. My concern, is that everyone (including myself) is likely to shelve GTSport in favor of spending time on GT7. I am open to transitioning from Sport to GT7 in the current season, especially now that it was announced that liveries have been transferred between titles. However, time will be needed to explore the different tuning options, and how BoP will be governed. Then, testing and time trialing, and possibly even an exhibition event will be necessary to verify that our achieved parity to this point has remained intact. Assuming all of this is checked out and confirmed to fit our current parameters, we could make the transition, most likely in April. This would allow the needed time to adjust/update any liveries as needed, and amend the thread details to reflect the GT7 parameters we come to.

Now, if they don't align, we need to decide among the following 3 options:
Option 1:
Finish out the current seasons of both series on the GTSport title, while preparing/testing/setting up new season threads/rules/parameters with an intention to start our new seasons on GT7 some time in July 2022.

Option 2:
We continue our current season from April to June using newly established parameters within GT7. This will include new livery, tuning, and BoP/PP regulations. Possible time trialing will be necessary
to re-align the parity across the field to be close to where we are at now.

Option 3:
We run through Events #9 of both series, and then terminate the current seasons at 3/4 completion. The schedule would look like this:
Feb 25th: Porsche Event #7
March 11th: MPCC Event #9
March 25th: Porsche Event #8
April 8th: Porsche Event #9 (in place of the MPCC event #10).
This would have both series at 3/4 complete with the season Points and Standings based on results up to 3/4 completeion. During this time, new threads/parameters/series to be established. The plan would then to start new seasons on GT7 mid April/early May.

I'd like to get everyones opinions and input on which way is preferred, and would ask that all drivers tagged on this post to reply with a 1,2, or 3 based on their option preference.
If the consensus is to remain on GTSport to finish the current seasons, we will do so.
The only 2 stipulations I will have is that we must get at least 12 drivers on the grid for race nights. Any less, and the night will be forfeited across the board. The other is that if we forfeit 2 consecutive events (within same series), the season will be closed and the points reflected at that time will be the final standings for the series.
If you replied in the Porsche series thread, there is no need to reply again.

Thanks for everyone's time and attention, and see you all this Friday at Barcelona.
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Gold)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Megabytesize /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13 (Gold)
@GTP_Guido /TPC_Guido (Gold)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@GTR4MROD /GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Bambi / GTP_Bambi (Platinum)
@Clean Racer /GentlemanRacing (Gold)
@Stryker13 /DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@LSGtheSkyChef / distant_crowd
@stelephant / stelephant
@scarecrow937

Last edited:
I committed to this series to be along side a group of online friends and drivers. We all committed at the time to all race equally in this series for 12 months. We had not been given a GT7 release date at that time.

Primary Option 1

Default):
Option 2 if all current tracks and cars are available to the group members, which allow for a fair and balanced completion of the season, regardless of livery needs. This also encompasses the work needed by NOVA to test and balance all cars to remain as currently set up. I’m trying to be fair to NOVA, not selfish for myself…

It only takes the swap of a disc to continue what we currently need to game….!

I would prefer option 1 but I think its going to be near impossible to get everyone back on gtsport so 2,1,3 is my vote.

Series Announcement

We are now inside of 2 weeks before the launch of the highly anticipated GT7 title. As many of you are well aware, both of our current series are still active with 4 events to go in the Michelin series, and half of the Porsche Season (6 events counting this Friday's race event at Barcelona) left to go. This is where decisions have to be made for our next move and /or transition to the new title.
I have contemplated us staying on the GTSport title to the finish our current seasons, while in the meantime preparing and testing for new seasons to start on GT7. My concern, is that everyone (including myself) is likely to shelve GTSport in favor of spending time on GT7. I am open to transitioning from Sport to GT7 in the current season, especially now that it was announced that liveries have been transferred between titles. However, time will be needed to explore the different tuning options, and how BoP will be governed. Then, testing and time trialing, and possibly even an exhibition event will be necessary to verify that our achieved parity to this point has remained intact. Assuming all of this is checked out and confirmed to fit our current parameters, we could make the transition, most likely in April. This would allow the needed time to adjust/update any liveries as needed, and amend the thread details to reflect the GT7 parameters we come to.

Now, if they don't align, we need to decide among the following 3 options:
Option 1:
Finish out the current seasons of both series on the GTSport title, while preparing/testing/setting up new season threads/rules/parameters with an intention to start our new seasons on GT7 some time in July 2022.

Option 2:
We continue our current season from April to June using newly established parameters within GT7. This will include new livery, tuning, and BoP/PP regulations. Possible time trialing will be necessary
to re-align the parity across the field to be close to where we are at now.

Option 3:
We run through Events #9 of both series, and then terminate the current seasons at 3/4 completion. The schedule would look like this:
Feb 25th: Porsche Event #7
March 11th: MPCC Event #9
March 25th: Porsche Event #8
April 8th: Porsche Event #9 (in place of the MPCC event #10).
This would have both series at 3/4 complete with the season Points and Standings based on results up to 3/4 completeion. During this time, new threads/parameters/series to be established. The plan would then to start new seasons on GT7 mid April/early May.

I'd like to get everyones opinions and input on which way is preferred, and would ask that all drivers tagged on this post to reply with a 1,2, or 3 based on their option preference.
If the consensus is to remain on GTSport to finish the current seasons, we will do so.
The only 2 stipulations I will have is that we must get at least 12 drivers on the grid for race nights. Any less, and the night will be forfeited across the board. The other is that if we forfeit 2 consecutive events (within same series), the season will be closed and the points reflected at that time will be the final standings for the series.
If you replied in the Porsche series thread, there is no need to reply again.

Thanks for everyone's time and attention, and see you all this Friday at Barcelona.
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@stelephant / stelephant
@scarecrow937
Thank you to everyone who has replied regarding our transition phase to GT7. It appears that a good chunk of our core group of drivers have every intention of moving on to GT7 with no looking back at GTSport. As such, it seems there is no choice but to move forward and onto the GT7 title after this Friday's (2/25/22) Porsche Event #7 in some capacity. I was considering running our current seasons thru March on GTSport and then moving onto GT7 for April, but it's highly likely our numbers will be low to the point of it not being worth it. Therefore, see below.

Now, with that decision made, I will chart out our game plan for the transition:
We will not be running any formal/points events in the month of March.

March will be used for exploring GT7's features/ capabilities/etc, and to establish and/or adapt our process of balancing to the new GT7 parameters, and make any adjustments to the current regulations where favorable. (ie, wide body features on the Porsche, better brakes, better wheels, etc). This will also afford the time needed to amend any liveries to the updated series standards, and for the thread/spotters guide/profile page to be updated.
The first weeks after launch will focus on the following:
- Porsche Series, with March 11th (our scheduled Race night) to be a testing/Exhibition night.
-Michelin Series on March 25th to be a testing exhibition night.

During this time, I will be collecting opinions and input on whether the majority would prefer to start from scratch in all new seasons on GT7 with intentions to start in April, and closing our GTSport seasons as they stand....or to use the new data, new regulations, and newly established Balancing systems to close out our current seasons with a restart planned for April as well. If this were to be the case, our final events of the current season would finish in July. With new season restarts set for August.

Please see the poll at the top of the MPCC thread page to establish you preference.
(MPCC thread link is in my signature for easy access)

Each driver is allowed 1 vote, and may change their vote as many times as they want up to the deadline.
Poll will close on March 26th with a simple majority deciding.
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@stelephant / stelephant
@scarecrow937

Last edited:
As there is plenty of time to take the poll, until Mar 26, I will consider it carefully in the coming weeks … unless we are allowed to change our poll answer, in which case, I could vote now and later …
Are we allowed to change our vote?

Last edited:
As there is plenty of time to take the poll, until Mar 26, I will consider it carefully in the coming weeks … unless we are allowed to change our poll answer, in which case, I could vote now and later …
Are we allowed to change our vote?
Yes, you can change it up to the deadline which is March 26th.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Season 2 of MPCC to Continue on GT7

To all Drivers,
Thanks to those who replied/voted regarding our transition to GT7. Based on the votes recieved this past week, open discussions among drivers on our latest Porsche Event, and partially executive final decision, Season 2 of the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge will resume on GT7.

March 2022 will be used for testing and transitional purposes with a formal Exhibition/Testing race night scheduled for March 25th, 2022. Details and any changes will be shared after GT7 has been released and preliminary testing has been completed.

Our plan to resume Season 2 for Event #9 at Suzuka will be on Friday, April 22nd, 2022 at 9pm est.

Please keep an eye on the thread as plans and details emerge. Looking forward to the new features of GT7 and what they may afford toward even more immersive racing.

Last edited:
For all the guys, @Harry Rowley @Bologna_Duc and a few others that stuck around for the post race discussion after our last MPCC event, here is a perfect video to piggyback what we were talking about regarding Verstappen and the racing in F1 this past season.

Imo, every single one of these examples, Verstappen should have been penalized. Its not the fact that he throws it up the inside (he does get the necessary overlap needed to be afforded room on the inside), but rather the fact that in every instance, he was not able to round the corner and maintain his inside line without inducing contact that takes Hamilton off his line or forces Lewis to avoid contact by driving off his line. If these instances simply caused some tire rubbing and they both rounded the corners side by side, it would have been clean....but this, this isn't even close and frankly is just poor racecraft on Verstappen's part. Hamilton was forced to yield position everytime, or face a potentially catastrophic situation. The one time Hamilton tossed it up the inside at Silverstone and had the same understeer effect that the Verstappen examples show, Verstappen refused to yield or give any room and it resulted with him in a wall and Hamilton with a penalty. I get that there is a push to let the guys race, and race hard, but it still needs to be down fairly and cleanly....especially given F1 is to be considered the highest order of motorsport. Until the stewards reign in Verstappen's aggressive approach, he will be permitted to put Hamilton or himself in some precarious situations. I wouldn't expect Hamilton to yield nearly as much this season....rather, I'd expect to see him counter agression with aggression until the stewards reign it in. He tried fair play and got cheated out of a Championship. I don't see him affording that same approach in 2022. Could get interesting.
Hamilton vs Verstappen

Potayto potahto you say :)

Drivers will always take as much as they are given. It happens in this series and every series everywhere :)

I was just glad to have finally witnessed a decent championship battle.

Devils advocates would say….let’s say we give back those few places that Max illegally stole from poor Hamilton, and then give back the DNF that Ham stole from Max and I think Max still wins the championship :) Especially if we penalize Ham for all his other transgressions he gets away with like crossing the pit entry line after passing it, going off track to gain advantage etc etc.

I have no stake in either driver but Ham fanboys sure do gloss over a lot of things in search of some way to explain away how he got beat by a faster driver in a slower car :)

Last edited:
Potayto potahto you say :)

Drivers will always take as much as they are given. It happens in this series and every series everywhere :)

I was just glad to have finally witnessed a decent championship battle.

Devils advocates would say….let’s say we give back those few places that Max illegally stole from poor Hamilton, and then give back the DNF that Ham stole from Max and I think Max still wins the championship :) Especially if we penalize Ham for all his other transgressions he gets away with like crossing the pit entry line after passing it, going off track to gain advantage etc etc.

I have no stake in either driver but Ham fanboys sure do gloss over a lot of things in search of some way to explain away how he got beat by a faster driver in a slower car :)
It was a great championship and I too am glad we got to see a Championship battle. I'm sure we all could argue over a multitude of issues over the season regarding right/wrong/and in between.
The conversation and questions presented post race of the MPCC event a few weeks ago was how some of the late brake moves by Verstappen would have been looked at within the confines of our series and Racing experiences. The video was merely for example purposes, and the point I was making, is that every single example, including the Silverstone one by Hamilton all would be penalizing offenses within our series. Not because it was a late brake or even contact, but because the resulting contact caused the other driver to be pressed off his line or the track. Had Verstappen and Hamilton maintained their lines, these all would have been clean overtakes. Some bumping will occur in corner overtakes, and I'd say most racing drivers expect as much, but also expect to be able to maintain their line and battle fairly for the corner.

Trying to figure out how to say this correctly but it’s difficult. So please don’t take offense.

You say “penalizing offenses” and it sounds great but it’s only that way if someone files. And the culture is very against it if you know what I mean. It’s hard to step out in a series that is primarily considered to be “buddies” and file an IR. So in a perfect world stewards could issue penalties without people ostracizing themselves as an IR filer and a troublemaker. But it isn’t that way. This isn’t F1 where they have a team of people judging the race live. So usually people end up rage quitting or just finishing out the night and going to bed angry without filing anything.

So the more people get familiar with each other, the more they let “penalizing offenses” go and so on etc etc until you can get away with some IMSA/NASCAR murder stuff and it’s just a normal thing.

So your words sound good and make sense and are technically true but it is sadly not reality.

I would like the IR system to be more transparent so people know what is being filed, why, what was the decision and why. I have never heard mention of any penalties being levied in these series. Are they published or viewable somewhere like the Sunday series?

I like what you are saying but the racing here can get a helluva lot rougher than Ham or Max and if no one files then it will cascade on and on.

I guess that is the nature of not being able to have stewards who just watch replays and penalize without having to file on your “buddy” and be called out as a “snitch”. :)

This is more of a commentary of the system in general rather than this particular system. I wish there was an elegant solution but there isn’t besides have a team of stewards watching replays…and no one is going to do that.

Trying to figure out how to say this correctly but it’s difficult. So please don’t take offense.

You say “penalizing offenses” and it sounds great but it’s only that way if someone files. And the culture is very against it if you know what I mean. It’s hard to step out in a series that is primarily considered to be “buddies” and file an IR. So in a perfect world stewards could issue penalties without people ostracizing themselves as an IR filer and a troublemaker. But it isn’t that way. This isn’t F1 where they have a team of people judging the race live. So usually people end up rage quitting or just finishing out the night and going to bed angry without filing anything.

So the more people get familiar with each other, the more they let “penalizing offenses” go and so on etc etc until you can get away with some IMSA/NASCAR murder stuff and it’s just a normal thing.

So your words sound good and make sense and are technically true but it is sadly not reality.

I would like the IR system to be more transparent so people know what is being filed, why, what was the decision and why. I have never heard mention of any penalties being levied in these series. Are they published or viewable somewhere like the Sunday series?

I like what you are saying but the racing here can get a helluva lot rougher than Ham or Max and if no one files then it will cascade on and on.

I guess that is the nature of not being able to have stewards who just watch replays and penalize without having to file on your “buddy” and be called out as a “snitch”. :)

This is more of a commentary of the system in general rather than this particular system. I wish there was an elegant solution but there isn’t besides have a team of stewards watching replays…and no one is going to do that.
Appreciate the input and opinion. Filed IR's and penalties typically have not been broadcasted for the purposes of keeping some discretion so drivers feel more comfortable and inclined to file when necessary. I usually will mention if any IRs were filed in the post race report, and then apply any penalty points onto the scoresheets after decisions have been made. All of this happens inside of pm's. The only ones included are the filing driver, the offending driver, myself, and typically 2-3 drivers that have no attachment to the driver (teammate, etc) for assistance/governance of the rules. From there a final decision is made, and any penalties levied and announced in the pm. And again, for discretionary purposes, that's where it ends and is then reflected on the scoresheet.

I repeat it all the time, that if drivers feel an offense is made, to file the ir...even if its simply in question. Some fall to no fault/incidental contact calls, and then others do result in penalties. Either way, I try to keep it quiter than openly broadcasted to avoid the uncomfortable situation you mention. We all have raced for quite a while now...and for the most part, indiscretions are settled on track thru concessions. Other times it's what is thought to be a fault that is not, and then there those that are. Being peer to peer governed, we have to rely on each other holding one another accountable...even if its simply in question. Rarely has filing of IR's resulted in any ostracizing, especially among this group...and usually open and productive discussion among the involved drivers occur.

With Ice bringing this up, I encourage drivers within these series to file anytime they feel wrong occurred. We have to hold one another accountable for it to stay clean and work well. I would ask however, to look carefully at the replay from multiple perspectives, consult the rules, and consider if an ontrack concession was afforded....don't just file off of emotion/anger on how you think the incident occurred. Then file in a pm if you believe wrong occurred. A Steward group will then be included into the conversation to judge and decide if any fault is found within the rules. This is why I do not accept self reports....I want drivers of these series to hold each other to a high standard for the series.

Last edited:
Back