◆ S.N.A.I.L. [Oval] Racing Series -- Back by popular demand. Racing August 31.Open 

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 358 comments

JLBowler

Premium
United States
California
JLBowler
Introducing the S.N.A.I.L. Oval Racing League

Series Suspended awaiting course creator in GT6

Let's do it again. This time on Sunday August 31. I'll leave the details from the last race here for reference. Sign up in this thread if interested. You must sign up by Sunday at noon pacific time.

SNAIL will be hosting a one time oval event on Sunday August 31. This event is open to anyone who wants to show up and have fun.

The track will be Indy SS and the car will be the Chevy Camaro SS '10. The car should be left in stock condition with the exception of paint, wheels (if you wish), oil change, and sports soft tires. The lobby will be set to tuning prohibited. Don't do anything to the car that would prevent you from entering a lobby with tuning set to prohibited.

The start time will be based on the number of participants but will be no later than the normal SNAIL start time of 9:30 pmEastern / 6:30 pm Pacific time.

The format will mimic a short track Saturday night race program. There will be a random draw for which heat race you will run. Drivers will transfer out of the heat race into a main event. This event will need to have more than 16 participants to be worth doing. There will be multiple heat races and multiple main events leading up to an "A" main event that will crown the champion for the night.

The specific format with laps and number of races will be announced once the number of drivers is set. If you are interested in racing, please post here and I will add to the list as drivers sign up.

Driver's list for Aug. 31
1. JLBowler*
2. MajorBlixem*
3. GGGMotorsport*
4. Grandpa Money*
5. CoachMK21*
6. martin20az*
7. Fallen_Log*

8. Chevron*
9. TEX36*
10. Kgffy*
11. USERID_77a23*
12. euclid58*
13. JoeW*
14. Dacana*

16. Nail-27*

18. Schmiggz*
19. GTP_Vertigo*
20. fzappa*

21. Wardenclyffe*
22. Handlebar*
23. JohnD3*
24. racingchamp30*
25. Jayc2k*
26. SHOCKY_WELL*

27. chatva*

28. Matt Sierras*
29. goofytyler*
30. Nicktune*

31. Dangerzone641*
32. Dabneyd*
33. MuddPuddle76*
34. AG07WRXTR*​

Last edited:
Actual Schedule of Races

We have 32 confirmed drivers for tonight. I'm leaving vertigo on the list just in case he is able to make it. We will be running the heat races in three different rooms. The field will be split into 3 groups and will run a 5 minute qualifying session followed by an 8 lap heat race followed by another 8 lap heat race. The first race will be started based on qualifying results with fastest first and the second heat race will be run using reverse grid from the first heat race.

Average finish position will be used to determine placement for main events. The top three finishers from each group will advance directly to the "A" main, positions 4 - 6 will advance to the "B" main, 7 - 9 will advance to the "C" main, and 9th and below will advance to the "D" main. The top 5 drivers from each main will advance to the next main event. This will create a field of 14 drivers for the "C", "B", and "A" main events.

Heat races will be 8 laps.

"D" main will be 15 laps
"C" main will be 20 laps
"B" main will be 20 laps
"A" main will be 30 laps

Once the heat races are complete, I will need the two hosts to close their rooms and join my room. At this time, I will need all drivers to exit my room and await further instructions in this thread. The hosts will gather and total the results and then I will post who has advance to what main event. Those drivers who are in the "D" main should then enter the room so we can get started. Drivers who advance straight to other main events should wait for instruction in this thread to enter the room.

If there are no shows tonight or drivers DC or quit during the heat races, there is a chance that the "D" main could be eliminated or the "D" and "C" mains could be altered either through number of drivers or laps.

Last edited:
Results from Aug. 31
Camaro SS '10 @ Indy SS

"A" Main event

1. martin20az
2. MattSierras
3. Falango
4. JLBowler
5. Nicktune
6. Tex-36
7. dabneyd
8. FallenLog
9. jayc2000
10. GrandpasMoney
11. Capecod104
12. Dacana
13. GGGMotorsports
14. fzappa

"B" Main event

1. Falango--------transferred
2. jayc2000-------transferred
3. FallenLog-------transferred
4. MattSierras------transferred
5. dabneyd--------transferred
6. goofytyler
7. euclid58
8. kgffy
9. Wardenclyffe
10. Userid_77a23
11. JoeW
12. racingchamp30
13. AG07WRXTR
14. MajorBlixem
15. CoachMK21

"C" Main event

1. MajorBlixem-----transferred
2. Nail27-------voluntarily gave up transfer spot
3. MattSierras------transferred
4. Handlebar------voluntarily gave up transfer spot
5. Userid_77a23-------transferred
6. dabneyd---------transferred
7. racingchamp30-------transferred
8. JoeW---------transferred
9. Shocky-Wellhell
10. Chevron
11. Chatva------DNS

Last edited:
Interested but how much down time will there be while other heats are being run? Would be a bummer to sit around 15 minutes at a time while others race.

Interested but how much down time will there be while other heats are being run? Would be a bummer to sit around 15 minutes at a time while others race.

Heat races will be 8 or 10 laps so it will go pretty quick. Main events will be 25 or 30 laps so still not a ton of down time. I will need a back up host to stay in the room all night if you're interested.

I'll post up a sample schedule in a little while.

13 drivers and it's only been posted for about four hours. I like where this is headed. I'm still working on that sample schedule just to give everyone an idea of what to expect.

Introducing the S.N.A.I.L. Oval Racing League

Series Suspended awaiting course creator in GT6

Thread revived.

SNAIL will be hosting a one time oval event on Sunday May 25. This event is open to anyone who wants to show up and have fun.

The track will be Motegi Superspeedway and the car will be announced just prior to race time.

The start time will be based on the number of participants but will be no later than the normal SNAIL start time of 9:30 pmEastern / 6:30 pm Pacific time.

The format will mimic a short track Saturday night race program. There will be a random draw for which heat race you will run. Drivers will transfer out of the heat race into a main event. This event will need to have more than 16 participants to be worth doing. There will be multiple heat races and multiple main events leading up to an "A" main event that will crown the champion for the night.

The specific format with laps and number of races will be announced once the number of drivers is set. If you are interested in racing, please post here and I will add to the list as drivers sign up. Registration will close for this event at 11:59 pm on Saturday May 24.

Driver's List

1. JLBowler
2. TEX36
3. KTR5
4. dabneyd
5. DeltawingR18
6. mopar440
7. wvhellbilly
8. martin20az
9. Severn
10. USERID_77a23
11. JoeW (back up host)
12. shmibal_gt
13. euclid58
14. socalnatv
15. GGGMotorsport

I am interrested

i would join, but not enough laps...heats should be 20, c and b main should be 40, main event should be 75. For this to be a knockout competition, you really need more laps, drivers need the chance / need to earn their right to advance

i would join, but not enough laps...heats should be 20, c and b main should be 40, main event should be 75. For this to be a knockout competition, you really need more laps, drivers need the chance / need to earn their right to advance

It's designed to be quick and fun and not create a ton of down time for drivers. If you don't like the format, you don't have to race it and you surely don't have to take the time to comment about it.

Good day.

It's designed to be quick and fun and not create a ton of down time for drivers. If you don't like the format, you don't have to race it and you surely don't have to take the time to comment about it.

Good day.
6 lap heat races, so i have like 3 minutes to see if i advance, no thank you....you should plan your design more carefully before you post it

6 lap heat races, so i have like 3 minutes to see if i advance, no thank you....you should plan your design more carefully before you post it

Like I said, it is planned to be a quick and fun event. I suggest you see your way to another part of the internet and leave this thread alone. It's obviously not for you and I have reported both of your pointless posts in this thread.

Like I said, it is planned to be a quick and fun event. I suggest you see your way to another part of the internet and leave this thread alone. It's obviously not for you and I have reported both of your pointless posts in this thread.
OR WHAT???

Everyone who has expressed an interest in racing has been added to the driver's list in the first post.

Back