**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
Tonight at 09:30pm EST

full

Thanks for the practice, was great fun. :cheers:
Yeah, very helpful.
2nd time I ran the 20-min - everybody left eventually (oh well) but I hit a 12.5 which was unexpected.
Thanks for joining - wish we had been closer to each other in that 1st 20min
CU tonight

"I have reviewed the series details and would like to participate in this series as a reserve driver."
You have been added to the drivers list as the Fifth Reserve Driver, and rated at a Platinum Class. Please review the first post of the thread for all the series details if you have not already.
Also, please review and get familiar with the Reserve Driver Process, and be sure to add and save all Platinum Class liveries available in the same link. Glad to have you, and welcome aboard.
Also, wanted to make sure you saw the post for our final Exhibition race night: SNAIL- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Final Exhibition Night 7/26/19

Hope you can make it. The drivers list and scoring sheet will be updated shortly.

Btw, what is your PSN ID?

You have been added to the drivers list as the Fifth Reserve Driver, and rated at a Platinum Class. Please review the first post of the thread for all the series details if you have not already.
Also, please review and get familiar with the Reserve Driver Process, and be sure to add and save all Platinum Class liveries available in the same link. Glad to have you, and welcome aboard.
Also, wanted to make sure you saw the post for our final Exhibition race night: SNAIL- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Final Exhibition Night 7/26/19

Hope you can make it. The drivers list and scoring sheet will be updated shortly.

Btw, what is your PSN ID?

Thank you I’m happy to join the series!

PSN: pags198

Yes, I did see the event tonight! I’m hoping to making it home in time for the race but can’t make any promises. If anyone is still up to race after I should be available by then.

Great car and great drivers. It’s going to be a great series.

Replays shared
#snail
#porsche
I have to second this 100%. Very good racing with everyone on the grid. Very clean and respectful from my perspective the entire night. I'm very happy with the way this series is shaping up. Definately going to be a series of racing for the long game...trying to scavenge as many point and places as possible over the season. Thank you to everyone who raced tonight. Now we just need to get @SAMHAIN85 to take that final Reserve Driver spot so he can race when the need arises;). Thanks for joining us:cheers:.
And lastly, Congrats to SamHain on the overall on the night, but also, nice job by @Clean Racer, @GTP_Guido, and @TEX36 for putting up a good fight and making it a challenge for him.

With the tuned car, being on RH tires is a real disadvantage now. There was no way I could even get close to the lap times the guys on RM tires were putting in. Only @SAMHAIN85 Was able to sort of keep up but, you know, he's @SAMHAIN85. Not saying we should change anything, also didn't want to not have said it.

This!

Hard to adjust ones brain that you're struggling to keep up with people that, in the past, you've been able at least keep ahead of you. All part of the challenge!

From a personal perspective, I need to come to grips with not just the tuning aspect but also the saving of said tune! :lol: First 2 races went well but for some reason I decided to check my settings and it looked like I was running stock except for the weight. I had Nova's tune saved in an additional sheet so I quickly loaded it before race 3. Needless to say that tune and I did not get along! All part of learning.

Lastly, that last race is still an issue for me in terms of endurance. Granted I was not happy with the settings so I'm sure that had something to do with it but will need to come up with a better plan for the long haul.

:cheers:

Thanks fellas for the feedback. The changes to tuning along with the different tire compounds certainly presented a much bigger challenge last night, but imo well worth it. While I had nowhere near the pace of SamHain and the fast Gold Class trio in regards to fast laps, my lap consistency in the the mid 2:13'to low 2:14's yielded what i felt was a decent finish. With more practice, and more familiar tracks on the schedule, I'm certain the pace gap will even out a bit. Either way, the series was designed to create as much parity as possible by bridging skill gaps, but more so, create a challenge for everyone regardless of skill level. Race for the long game, trying to grab or hold every point you can over the season. The cards will eventually fall where the will. That's my play. Great racing to all last night, I had a great time and many battles. Didn't even notice the time in some cases. Time to start getting a good pace for the season opener on the 16th.:cheers:

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season Duties
Hi Gentlemen,
With the season opener fast approaching in just over 2 weeks, I have 1 final order of business to tend to: duties. Please take a look at the list below, and if anyone is willing and able to volunteer, please post here in the thread. Highest priority is to cover at least 2 stewards in addition to myself. Thanks in advance to everyone who has offered or offers their time, and looking forward to getting the season started.

Series Director: II-NOVA-II
Assistant Series Director:

Host: II-NOVA-II
Backup Host: TEX36
2nd Backup Host:

Replay Uploader: GTP_Guido
Backup Replay Uploader: GentlemanRacing

Scorekeeper: II-NOVA-II
Backup Scorekeeper:
2nd Backup Scorekeeper:

Chief Penalty Steward: II-NOVA-II
Steward: Raw10_2u