SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), Season Champ: Sand_68, Congratulations on the Win and a Great Season!!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 724 comments
Hello everyone once again, happy to see you all together racing in gt7 again. I got myself a ps5 recently, so i guess i can play with you guys now lol. So yeah, are there still places available to join?

Hello everyone once again, happy to see you all together racing in gt7 again. I got myself a ps5 recently, so i guess i can play with you guys now lol. So yeah, are there still places available to join?
Yep there 5-8 spots to fill.

Season Opener
Event #1 Race Details

December 15th, 2023, 9pm est
Daytona Int'l Road Course
Night,
S09 Humid and "Sunny" with Lots of Clouds

18 Laps per Race

Welcome Drivers, for another season and another series of SNAIL Friday Night Racing. We back to the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge using the new 992 GT3. Most driver's time trials have been received with enough data to establish classing and parity. Those who have completed all the required time trialing, your driver regulations have been set and are posted below in this post. This chart can also be found in Post #2 of the thread. Those who have yet to submit their initial time trial or who still need to re-submit their 2nd TT are asked to do so as soon as possible along. Once final regulations and classing is set, all drivers are also asked to update and submit a final screenshot of their updated livery.

Below are the details of our Season Opener for Event #1 on December 15th.
Drivers are encouraged to confirm their attendance status as soon as possible to secure their spot on the grid for race night. Be reminded, this series runs on a "first to confirm" priority. First 16 drivers to confirm are guaranteed a grid spot. All additional drivers that confirm thereafter will be marked as Reserve drivers with priority based on order confirmed. Be sure to confirm your attendance as early as possible.

Get some laps in, confirm if you have not already, and lets get this Porsche GT3 Cup season under way.

Date: December 15th, 2023 at 9pm est
Track: Daytona International Road Course
Conditions: Night, S09 Humid and Sunny with lots of Clouds
Laps: 18
Target Lap Times: 1:45.0 to 1:46.0
(See Section 1, Tab 1.3 for Lobby Settings)

Track Map and Boundaries
1701105657335.png

Keep 2 wheels on or within the white line where curbing is not present, or on the curbs where they are present at all times, except where it is specifically noted otherwise. The white line and curbing is considered legal track surface. Failure to comply to track boundaries could result in penalties if infractions are witnessed and reported.

Exceptions and Specified areas:
1.) Drivers may run wide past the white line at the exit of Turn 3.
2.) Drivers may be very liberal in Le Mans Chicane, especially at the exit of the chicane. Be sure to keep at least 2 wheels/tires on the yellow curbing....rest of the car can be in the grass at your risk.

Roster Confirmed as of 11/27/23, 12:15pm est
Screenshot_20231127_140534_Sheets.jpg

1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
6. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
7. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
8. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
9. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
10. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
11. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#19)
12. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD (#78)
13. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
14. Fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
15. Roman_GT23 / @Roman_GT23 (#23)
16. Arethosetacos / @arethosetacos (#44)
17. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)

Last edited:
Hi Valex,
Glad to hear you picked up a PS5. Yes, we have plenty of space on the roster. There is no set number to how many we will accept. The series is set up on a "First to Confirm" basis. First 16 to confirm for a race night guarantee their grid spot, and any confirmed after will fall in as Reserves in the order confirmed to cover any drop outs on Race night. Submit your entry when ready, get your car built to spec, and get going on the time trial as instructed. Looking forward to racing again soon.

Still interested in racing, will be back from vacation December 17th, races after that I’ll be attending, anyone needs a teammate send me an PM, @llNovall
I believe @Fudman420 , @Harry Rowley ,and possibly @Nyati_Jumapil were looking for teammates. Please be sure to decide on a name as a group and that the team name has a decal that can be applied to all team member cars. If anyone needs help sourcing a team name or decal, let me know. Once your team is set and established, be sure to formally announce here in the thread with all finished and updated liveries.

Oh yeah!! Some Team competition....very formidable group here. Nice job guys. :cheers:
Hopefully my team will carry me on the straights with my power deficit, I need them more than they need me 😂 all aboard the slipstream train choo choo

Yesterday’s practice was fun. It looks like it will be a tight pack judging by our 30 minute stint we ran @socalnatv and me. 1:44 are doable, I had an optimal time of 44.8xx with a best of 45.4xx.

Hopefully my team will carry me on the straights with my power deficit, I need them more than they need me 😂 all aboard the slipstream train choo choo

Yesterday’s practice was fun. It looks like it will be a tight pack judging by our 30 minute stint we ran @socalnatv and me. 1:44 are doable, I had an optimal time of 44.8xx with a best of 45.4xx.
So far, everyone I have practiced with are inside the 1:44.9 to 1:45.2 fast lap range..and with you at 1:45.4....that has about 6 of us inside half a second fast lap pace. Thats pretty close

Well, I believe you may have a lot of “pick me moments Roman!” I’m also needing to join a team. Nyati is also short a team too. We don’t have money to pay you Roman, but I can always add likes to every post you make, just to butter up the deal?! 🤣🤓
hey Harry and Roman, long time since ive been around here but im needing some teamates aswell lol... I know i had some "inchidents" as charles would say with Harry in the past but im here to forget all our past issues, have fun and race hard. Im happy with choosing almost any name i dont care much about that, cheers.

hey Harry and Roman, long time since ive been around here but im needing some teamates aswell lol... I know i had some "inchidents" as charles would say with Harry in the past but im here to forget all our past issues, have fun and race hard. Im happy with choosing almost any name i dont care much about that, cheers.
Absolutely Valex! would be a pleasure Sir. That’s two…..

Nyati and Roman to follow….

No pressure guys.

Back