*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Reminder to confirm attendance for Event #9, this Friday 6/3/22.

A minimum of 11 drivers on the grid will be needed for me to host/direct Friday's race event. Please confirm your status/availability as soon as possible.

👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
👍 @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
👍 @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
👍 @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
👍 @socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
👍 @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
(?) @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
👍 @Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
👍 @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)
👍 @Valex /Valex997 (Platinum) 1st R
@ruggermole / ruggermole (Gold)
@rsrgse / rsrgse (Platinum)
(X) @Track_King47 / (Gold)
My wheel crapped out again last week so I’ll see if the old G29 fires up. Count me in unless you hear my backup is a paper-weight too…

The difference in the way the car feels now compared to Spa, is staggering...WTF?

I have tried the wheel setting Rob posted and got to a 1:58.2 but so disappointed with the update, especially since the car felt great at Spa.

Last edited:
I’m not even playing the game unless it’s to practice for Michelin or Porsche series. We’re all in a similar boat I think. So for Friday I’m focused on having some fun clean racing with talented drivers even if we were on metal rims sloshing around in pig slop in a Costco parking lot.

Lobby last night everyone was in 58s. I did a high 57 but that lap was close to my optimal. So I’ll be racing in that group and watch the 57s disappear.

@Roman_GT23 @llNovall @Bologna_Duc
What is wrong with you people? You guys are looking at this all wrong! Your safety is paramount to Polyphony Digital and Sony. Realistic force feedback is tertiary to safety and music rally.
In all seriousness, the adjustability of settings on any equipment can only manipulate the signal that it receives. No matter how good the equipment & software are, it can’t create what isn’t there.
If you want a sure fix, get into PC racing sims. Not all are excellent, but the ones that are… wow.
How many wrong turns does PD get? (Or, in other words, how many times do you accept getting bent over the barrel? ) I don’t know either but I’m sure we are one step closer every time PD bites the hand feeding them.

What is wrong with you people? You guys are looking at this all wrong! Your safety is paramount to Polyphony Digital and Sony. Realistic force feedback is tertiary to safety and music rally.
In all seriousness, the adjustability of settings on any equipment can only manipulate the signal that it receives. No matter how good the equipment & software are, it can’t create what isn’t there.
If you want a sure fix, get into PC racing sims. Not all are excellent, but the ones that are… wow.
How many wrong turns does PD get? (Or, in other words, how many times do you accept getting bent over the barrel? ) I don’t know either but I’m sure we are one step closer every time PD bites the hand feeding them.
If a good pc that affords a high resolution and graphics capability wasn't so expensive, I would be leaning that direction...but, ps5 is still a world cheaper (at its normal price point). I have a 50 inch 4k TV on the way, next is the ps5. If pd don't get their $#!+ together in the next few months, I will be introducing/persuading everyone to consider a move to Assetto Corsa Competizione which has the newest edition of the Porsche GT3 Cup car and a host of GT4 Cars that would fit perfect into our series' needs. I'm still willing to give PD some more time to get this title in order, but time is ticking.

Guys, why so down on GT7. In the real world, imagine how F1 2022 with their new spec is shaking up the teams and drivers. I really like the physics of GT7 compared to the older version ( but not prefect, IMO). Seems more real like as a sim. And, the visual improvements are very nice, too. Race what you feel is of interest to your virtual carrier. I am never racing anything other than a console. Some of the complaints I read are probably legit and hope they are ironed out (soon). Until then, I am trying to adjust to the current state of GT and hope to figure out a way to leave you all in the dust! LOL

Guys, why so down on GT7. In the real world, imagine how F1 2022 with their new spec is shaking up the teams and drivers. I really like the physics of GT7 compared to the older version ( but not prefect, IMO). Seems more real like as a sim. And, the visual improvements are very nice, too. Race what you feel is of interest to your virtual carrier. I am never racing anything other than a console. Some of the complaints I read are probably legit and hope they are ironed out (soon). Until then, I am trying to adjust to the current state of GT and hope to figure out a way to leave you all in the dust! LOL
Down on you! Wish you’d knock it off….

Like a scratched record…. Start your own league? Don’t worry, I won’t be joining!

Last edited:
1654115271510.png

So what you're saying is...................don't spend on iRacing. Got it :lol::sly:

How many wrong turns does PD get?
Mainly money. I’ve seen an economic analysis of iracing. I'm eyeing a new pair of skis when they go on sale next spring. I’d like a bigger screen in my living room for more than just racing. I'm kinda committed to PS5 just like I'm locked into Apples ecosystem.

I am still cutting a lot companies slack in this current climate. Lack of employees, supply chain, inefficiencies working from home, etc. They prioritized some early obvious screw ups, they finally got their world series released. I'd love to see data on how many people play the game, how many participate in the fia races, and how many raced in lobbies. Maybe we are a signifiant minority. The lobbies are being treated that way. There are aspects of the game I love. But like Nova the clock is ticking.

I've never raced in AC except in a limited trial mode. Happy to transition if PD keeps rolling over us.

Sorry all - have to back out of this week, gotta work.

Good luck all!
:cheers:
See ya at the next one sir.👍
@Valex
You are now guaranteed a spot on the grid for this event and will be racing for MrDonovan on the TPC Racing team and will be teamed up with myself. I will have the livery together and the link forwarded to you by the end of today. See you on the grid tomorrow. 👍

Sign me up for season 3
Got you on the roster. See the discord post if haven't already, and drop that screenshot on me when you get a chance. I have you marked as 2nd Reserve for tomorrow night which would have you on the grid if any other drivers report absent. Glad to have you, and see you tomorrow night.👍

S3 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file Event #9.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #9
at Nurburgring GP
June 3rd, 2022

Tonight, is the Nurburgring, on the GP circuit. A very technical and challenging track with many places to set up and execute an overtake, albeit always at a high risk.
Be sure to pick your overtake attempts wisely...1 failed attempt at one position could at any time cost three.

As always mentioned, patience, especially in turn 1, the opening laps, and busy race traffic....minimal mistakes, and great lap consistency yields the best results. Hold your lines and observe your opponent's corner rights when in close battles. Lets continue to uphold the standards that Snail is best known for.
Good luck to all drivers attending tonight's event.

2 wheels on or inside the white line on runoff areas, or on the checkered curbing at all times.
(Corners can be clipped aggressively, but keep it legal)
Screenshot_20220603-062059_Samsung Internet.jpg
Fuel should not be a factor for this event, but depending on gearing it could be very close.

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE.
See the bottom of the 1st Post for "Quick Links" for car build details, new regulation announcements, and especially the new Rolling Start Procedure

Rolling Start Point
The lead row may start/accelerate at the Gran Turismo banner after the exit of turn 7 leading up to the Schumacher S. Drivers may warm tires by gently weaving up to turn 6, and everyone should begin getting into 2x2 formation on the straight between turns 6&7.

Screenshot_20220527-160554_YouTube.jpg

Also, drivers are reminded that this series implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries
must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
(?) @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold) 1st absent
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
(?) @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold) 2nd absent
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@Valex /Valex997 (Platinum) 1st R
@CRC_Tony / Tony_Crays (Gold) 2nd R
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)
@ruggermole / ruggermole (Gold)
@rsrgse / rsrgse (Platinum)
@Track_King47 / (Gold)

Any additional Reserves or Snail members that are available, please reply if interested in Racing tonight and begin preparing a "Cup" car based on the Car Build Quick Link.
We are possibly in need of 2 more Reserve Drivers for tonight if @Rob Brown and/or @Roman_GT23 cannot attend.
[/SPOILER]
Lets have a clean and competitive race night typical of our Snail standards, and good luck to all drivers on the grid tonighy for Event #9.

Last edited:
Mainly money. I’ve seen an economic analysis of iracing. I'm eyeing a new pair of skis when they go on sale next spring. I’d like a bigger screen in my living room for more than just racing. I'm kinda committed to PS5 just like I'm locked into Apples ecosystem.

I am still cutting a lot companies slack in this current climate. Lack of employees, supply chain, inefficiencies working from home, etc. They prioritized some early obvious screw ups, they finally got their world series released. I'd love to see data on how many people play the game, how many participate in the fia races, and how many raced in lobbies. Maybe we are a signifiant minority. The lobbies are being treated that way. There are aspects of the game I love. But like Nova the clock is ticking.

I've never raced in AC except in a limited trial mode. Happy to transition if PD keeps rolling over us.
I've been able to do iracing on my MacBook. If it's investment in a gaming PC that's holding you back it's worth taking a look to see if your current apple can handle it.

Back