SNAIL Sunday Night Future Forward - Open Discussion

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 108 comments
To me at this point, I see it going exactly like this. Snail spec on Sunday night transitions to gtsport. Jakedog and I transition snail gt1 to gtsport on Wednesday night. The pits guys transition to pcars2 and there may even be another snail inspired league or 2 on either platform in addition to that. But the big main 8 division league will be just as it is but on gtsport possibly starting in November. I don't see how it can possibly go another way than this it's just a slam dunk.

It can go another way because we don't have to be married to the GT brand. I have a fear that it will be GTSport even though it's the inferior game (based on all the videos out that I've seen of both) just based on the fact that it will have more road cars.

I would like to know this aslo and think we should keep this as a main topic until we have a result. It's about that time for me to pick up a PS4 and TV and I would like to know which game Snail would be using so I could buy that game we will be using

I don't think car count is a factor at all. Gtsport will be basically similar to gt6 lobby wise making for an easy transition with few adjustments and gtsport will crush pcars2 in sales leading to more drivers therefore a more active platform. Pcars is more sim oriented but gran turismo strikes the sim/game balance perfect which makes it more accessible and therefore more fun for the casuals.

PCars is really not a sim but that's a discussion for another topic lol. I really dislike that people believe certain racing games are elitist or above others for being more one thing than another thing. I can tell you have a predisposition towards GTSport so let's just leave it at that. No reason we can't use both.

Don't know if the SNAIL BoD has thunk about this yet, they probably have but, I would think a "deal breaker" list might be handy.

Topping that list might be things like;
  • Secure lobby functionality - keep the non-SNAIL griefers out
  • Replay recordability and shareability - stewarding and training aids
  • Race settings functionality:
    • Tuning Settings
    • Qualifying Methods
    • Grid specifications

Gonna be a little hard to make a decision without knowing what functionality any game has and what SNAIL is willing to "accept".

Well said. It is what it is. If one doesn't have all of these things then we can't use it. No exceptions.

Don't know if the SNAIL BoD has thunk about this yet, they probably have but, I would think a "deal breaker" list might be handy.

Topping that list might be things like;
  • Secure lobby functionality - keep the non-SNAIL griefers out
  • Replay recordability and shareability - stewarding and training aids
  • Race settings functionality:
    • Tuning Settings
    • Qualifying Methods
    • Grid specifications

Gonna be a little hard to make a decision without knowing what functionality any game has and what SNAIL is willing to "accept".

Good points and they have all been discussed in pretty good detail in regards to what is most important and what could be altered and how it could be altered if the option to do it as we do it now is not present anywhere.

Well said. It is what it is. If one doesn't have all of these things then we can't use it. No exceptions.

So if no game has all of the listed functions, SNAIL dies? Think a little before stating what you think might happen as fact.

Not at all, I think Whitey and I were talking about the main Sunday night Division series only. Other things can still find a way to work.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to post their thoughts on this important decision. It was interesting to read the varying opinions on the matter (and great to see some old familiar names from SNAIL's beginning contribute to the conversation as well). While I enjoyed reading most of the comments, I feel compelled to give a quick shout out to @Lessen, as I'd have to say his posted comments were most similar to my own [thoughts] - almost freakishly so. All that being said, an official announcement regarding this topic has been made in the Sunday night thread. Feel free to comment either here or there as you see fit. 👍

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the announcement. Even though I'm not an active driver, I still like to follow the league. Sunday was my introduction to competitive online racing so it's kinda nostalgic for me.

I'm looking forward to the announcement. Even though I'm not an active driver, I still like to follow the league. Sunday was my introduction to competitive online racing so it's kinda nostalgic for me.
Oops, I forgot the word "thoughts" in my post above. I've edited it so that it makes more sense. As for the announcement, it's already been made in the Sunday night thread.

Hey guys. I know the decision has been made for Sunday night's official series, but Project Cars 2 arrives this Friday. Would any of you guys that are getting it right away like to confirm if they'll be around Friday night so we can set up some rooms and see what the online lobby system is like?

I was wondering if we are still are having this debate about whether we're going to transition to PCars 2 or GT sport? I have received it Thursday and been playing it since to gauge what it's like and have info if you guys would like to hear about it on bugs, good/bad and etc. I have it on PC only though until we figure out which format we will be using for the most part. I would really like to see us all (Snail) keep together for the most part

I was wondering if we are still are having this debate about whether we're going to transition to PCars 2 or GT sport? I have received it Thursday and been playing it since to gauge what it's like and have info if you guys would like to hear about it on bugs, good/bad and etc. I have it on PC only though until we figure out which format we will be using for the most part. I would really like to see us all (Snail) keep together for the most part

Sunday SNAIL will be transitioning to GT Sport when it arrives.

Back