SNAIL - Survivor Series #4 - Next Event TBA

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 823 comments
Event #2 Race info:

If any late comers arrive they will be starting from the back. Get in on time!

9:30 EST - Prelim Heat #1 (3 laps // 6:25 clear)

Grid will be based on qualifying order. All remaining races will be set to 'grid order based on previous results'. (If you win the previous race, you start in 1st following race)
Both lobbies *should* have 10+ people in them at this point. I'm hoping everyone that signed up makes it. We have had 1 dropout so far though.

We run our first Prelim heat and eliminate X amount of people. (The #X depends on how many people show up)

If both lobbies have 11 people (highly likely):

Lobby A: Eliminate 11th, 10th, 9th
Lobby B: Eliminate 11th, 10th, 9th

9:45 EST - Prelim Heat #2 (3 laps // 7:10 clear)

Again, it all depends how many we have. Basically we are looking to eliminate enough in both lobbies in Prelim Heats #1 and #2 to have 14 make the finale. This way if myself or any other stewards get eliminated during the prelims, we can still be present in the lobby. (I'm hosting the 'main' lobby, so I can't leave)

Lobby A: Eliminate 8th, 7th
Lobby B: Eliminate: 8th, 7th

If you are one of the 7 to survive in Prelim Lobby B, you will be directed to join @SAMHAIN85 's 'Main' lobby to start the main event.
One correction: Prelim Lobbies eliminate 11th and 10th (9 racers to go through to heat 2) and the heat 2 eliminates 9th and 8th so that 7 can go through to finals.

IMPORTANT: I forgot to mention - we are scrapping 'rolling starts'. We are doing grid starts because the rolling starts are just too spread out. So work on your launches. And I dont think the shifter has any significant advantage with the starts, but if you could refrain from using it so everyone is on the same level playing field that'd be nice.

Driver Etiquette & Penalties:
This is a SNAIL sanctioned event. You all know the OLR and what you are expected of when it comes to clean racing. Accidents happen, but reckless driving will not be tolerated. We will have live stewards make the executive decision on any penalties that may be handed out. Anywhere from a time penalty to a disqualification. We will not be reviewing anything after the night is over, since its impossible to 're-do' this after the fact. Race hard, but drive within your capabilities and limits. If you know you caused an incident, do the right thing and concede your position. Even if that means knowing you will be eliminated. Just own up to your mistake, because said mistake may have also caused someone else to be eliminated. And ask yourself "If I was the victim of this incident, would I want the perp to concede?" Theres a good chance you would.

Concessions: I know its hard, and I'm guilty of this myself, but try to concede OFF THE RACING LINE. Even if that means doing it a few hundred yards ahead. Just keep going, and pull over when its safe to do so.

Strategy: If you are a front runner, theres no need to go for any high risk over takes or maneuvers. Its the guys in the back who risk elimination, not you. Race SMART!

Just finished watching the final livestream. What a wonderful event - awesome to see Div4 racing for a top group prize! Deadheat with 2 laps to go. Glad I could be part of it a even if I only lasted one round.

Thanks to the organizers for making this kind of fun possible. Count me in as a volunteer if needed for another event.

Awesome races tonight everyone. This event was much more organized than #1 and was a lot of fun. Congrats to our Survivor Series #2 Champion @THRASH and runner-up @racingchamp30

I'll work on a detailed recap sometime this weekend, and get Thrash enshrined into our trophy case in post #1.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and for putting in the time to practice and get the specs tightened up. And big thanks to our Stewards Rednose, Neutty, Tom Major and Bowler for some ideas. Impossible to run an event of this magnitude without their help.

Cheers

Had lots of fun last night in the survivor series. Tight pack racing in all heat races and was amazing final race at the end. Very well done and organized. @THRASH dominated the field throughout the heat races. Well done.

I knew after i want to say heat 2 in lobby B you were gonna be right up there. That car on the straights was a ROCKET and it made it fun to battle through the turns and give it back to you on the straights.

Event #2 Results

CHAMPION:

1ST.PNG

2ND:

2ND.PNG

3RD:

3RD.PNG

4TH:

4TH.PNG

5TH:

5TH.PNG

6TH:

6TH.PNG

7TH:

7TH.PNG

8TH:

8TH.PNG

9TH:

9TH.PNG

10TH:

10TH.PNG

11TH:

11TH.PNG

12TH:

12TH.PNG

13TH:

13TH.PNG

14TH:

14TH.PNG

1st: @THRASH 339HP // 2610LBS SS
2nd: @racingchamp30 363HP // 2610LBS SS
3rd: @Rob Brown 346HP // 2586LBS SM
4th: @Neutty 339HP//2560LBS SM
5th: @RacingOtaku86 339HP // 2586LBS SM
6th: @SAMHAIN85 332HP // 2687LBS SM
7th: @MajorBlixem 353HP // 2509LBS SM
8th: @Rednose58 335HP // 2610LBS SM
9th: @stelephant 346HP // 2586LBS SS
10th: @Mully465 342HP // 2637LBS SS
11th: @DublDee 353HP // 2560LBS SM
12th: @spidermonkey 335HP // 2610LBS SM
13th: @Nick Cannella 366HP // 2509LBS SS
14th: @Herimopp89 335HP // 2637LBS SS

Eliminated in prelims:
@TexasJDC 359HP // 2485LBS SS
@FREEREVN 346HP // 2560LBS SM
@Jw_wk1010 342HP // 2586LBS SM
@Sean Renon 335HP // 2637LBS SM
@Raw10_2u 349HP // 2535LBS SM
@TomMang_68 349HP // 2535LBS SM
@Bologna_Duc 346HP // 2560LBS SS

Finals Replay:

Last edited:
I was going to throw together a heat by heat recap, as well as qualifier results (but we didnt get screenshots in Lobby A :ouch:)
If you wish to see where you finished each heat: Click here

@Rednose58 came through with this amazing spreadsheet. It really helped with keeping everything running smooth and organized.

Thanks Stewards and all participants who put in the time to practice and run laps.

Any ideas for the next one? I feel like we can just use the current settings we have for everyone in the SF-R, but try it out at a new track. That would save a boat load of time instead of trying to get everyone dialed in with a new car. But depending on which track we go to, you may need to be adjusted depending on how well you excel at said track.

I'd like to keep this Series as a every so often thing. Its not meant to be run every week, or even every month. Maybe once every 2 months. I just dont want it to get watered down and lose its appeal.

Survivor Series Event #3
Coming Soon....

LOD_-_WWF_World_Tag_Team_Champions.jpg

Why not combine a little of both of the series ran so far the SF-R would make a good choice and easy to gauge everyone's personal BoP why not run it at the first event location Dragon Trail-Gardend ( heavy inspiration from the road warriors tag-team pic) but I may not be the best person to suggest a location I cant get past the second round lol

Back