(SNAIL combo raced on:
5/6/18 - 5/13/18 - 5/20/18)
Chosen by @whatbadgerseat

Target Lap Time: 1:50.000

may_06_c1-png.734489

(thanks @JamCar0ne and @Tecticles)

We're official!

6rNljDq.jpg

(thanks for the decal @Maninashed and @DesertPenguin for uploading)

Links to decals:

A rough draft of how I see the night going (based off 3 lap / 5ish minute races/heats and a total of 19 entries):

Qualify 9:00-9:30EST
Time of day: 6:30 clear
Grid Fastest First

Heat 1 (3laps)
Time of day: 6:30 clear
16 entries
Top 13 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 2 (3laps)
Time of day: 8:00 fine weather
16 entries (3 stand bys)
Top 13 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 3 (3laps)
Time of day: 10:00 fine weather
13 entries
Top 10 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 4 (3laps)
Time of day: 13:00 cloudy
10 entries
Top 7 survive (3 KO's)

10 min break

Heat 5 (3laps)
Time of day: 16:30 clear
7 entries
Top 4 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 6 (3laps)
Time of day: 17:00 clear
4 entries
2 survive (2 KO's)

GRAND FINALS (6laps)
Time of day: 18:30 fine weather
2 entries
1 winner (1 KO)
I like how you have the time progressing as the night progresses. These little details are such a cool thing!

Shoot, I'm working til 9 this Friday. I'll rush home as fast as I can but if I can't qualify so be it.

When we get eliminated do we have to leave the lobby or can we still watch the remaining races?

When we get eliminated do we have to leave the lobby or can we still watch the remaining races?

If its one of the early heats and people are still on stand-by you will need to leave to make room for them. If no one is on stand-by you get to stay, and its encouraged. It adds some excitement the more people watch and by not leaving you're showing your support which I'm sure the remaining drivers would appreciate

Something isnt right...
With 100%hp 100%weight you ran a 1:49.3
With 99%hp and 101%weight you ran a 1:48.4 ??

Are you sure you ran these laps in an online lobby with the right settings?

Maybe you're getting more comfortable with the combo and are gaining time even with the handicap?

Sounds good. The last post made it sound like we had to exit no matter what but in the first few rounds it's understandable. Practice room this afternoon?

Something isnt right...
With 100%hp 100%weight you ran a 1:49.3
With 99%hp and 101%weight you ran a 1:48.4 ??

Are you sure you ran these laps in an online lobby with the right settings?

Maybe you're getting more comfortable with the combo and are gaining time even with the handicap?
Yes to the right settings in an on line lobby and maybe so to getting more comfortable with the combo. I’ll go back to 100/100 a little later today or tomorrow and post the result

The specs I’m running (90 power 107 weight on SM tires) and considering I can run in the 50’s much easier than before, is that enough? Or do I need to mess around with the power/weight to get better?

I’ll go back to 100/100 a little later today or tomorrow and post the result

If you go back to 100/100 you're going to be even faster. We're trying to slow you down so you hit 1:50 flat consistently. Try 98/102 and post what times youre getting.

The specs I’m running (90 power 107 weight on SM tires) and considering I can run in the 50’s much easier than before, is that enough? Or do I need to mess around with the power/weight to get better?

Just keep those settings for now and run a few more laps solo and post your times here.

I'll have another prac room open today before Sunday prac. Around 7PM EST

Prac lobby open for a little bit:

0474-5878-6841-6870-8164

Edit: closed. Good races

G$ 94/108
Racerev 94/109

Last edited:
The sheet is updated again in post #3 (including Hanable and G$)

We're 4 days out from this event. Lets get some finalized specs in order. Anyone that is tagged please run 10 or so laps with your specs that are listed in bold, and please post here what you're averaging and what your fastest lap was. Try to get this done by Wednesday. You should be pretty close to running consistent 1:50.000's with these specs.

@spidermonkey @FREEREVN @Rednose58 @BradESPN @Kgffy @thracerviewr @Mully465 @DesertPenguin @TomMang_68 @Grandpa Money @stelephant @Hanable @Oshawa-Joe @Tecticles @basswerks1 @TexasJDC @Nick Cannella

The sheet is updated again in post #3 (including Hanable and G$)

We're 4 days out from this event. Lets get some finalized specs in order. Anyone that is tagged please run 10 or so laps with your specs that are listed in bold, and please post here what you're averaging and what your fastest lap was. Try to get this done by Wednesday. You should be pretty close to running consistent 1:50.000's with these specs.

@spidermonkey @FREEREVN @Rednose58 @BradESPN @Kgffy @thracerviewr @Mully465 @DesertPenguin @TomMang_68 @Grandpa Money @stelephant @Hanable @Oshawa-Joe @Tecticles @basswerks1 @TexasJDC @Nick Cannella

98/102
Fastest lap 1:49:919
Average lap (10) 1:50:832

I’ll run some more later tonight

Cool. Any practice lobbies open tonight around the usual snail time. If so ill be there bro.

Yeah since we dont have anything SNAIL GTS scheduled tonight lets shoot for more practice races.. And for those that still need to submit test lap times, I'll keep the lobby in free run mode for awhile so you can put down some test laps before we race.

Lets shoot for the lobby being opened around 8PM EST. And to end the night we can do a mock run of knockouts and survivors and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Yeah since we dont have anything SNAIL GTS scheduled tonight lets shoot for more practice races.. And for those that still need to submit test lap times, I'll keep the lobby in free run mode for awhile so you can put down some test laps before we race.

Lets shoot for the lobby being opened around 9PM EST. And to end the night we can do a mock run of knockouts and survivors and see how it goes.
Enduro practice tonight at 9

There's probably some people here that aren't doing the Endurance race. I can open another practice room for this around 9:30pm EST for anyone still interested. This is a great idea for a series. It almost reminds of me Pack Racing in that multiple classes are staying together throughout the race. For that though we used low boost.

I need to drop from this event. Thank you @SAMHAIN85 for working as hard as you have getting this just right for each driver. Sorry for wasting your time.

98/102
Fastest lap 1:49:919
Average lap (10) 1:50:832

I’ll run some more later tonight

Your fastest lap is right on the money. It looks like those specs are going to be good for you. With enough practice your average laptime should get closer to 1:50.00 👍

There's probably some people here that aren't doing the Endurance race. I can open another practice room for this around 9:30pm EST for anyone still interested.

That would be good. Just post when you have the lobby up and make sure to use the correct lobby settings in post #3

Do you think optimal lap time should be taken into consideration? It seems to work by taking all of your previous lap data (from that session) and calculating how fast a lap would be if you combined three perfect sectors.

Your optimal time shouldn't be too far off from your best lap time. If it is, you need to work on being more consistent (which isnt the easiest thing to do with this combo)

Your optimal time shouldn't be too far off from your best lap time. If it is, you need to work on being more consistent (which isnt the easiest thing to do with this combo)
This is were I’m struggling

Ran about 30 Laps with the kid..
My best was 49.8 and a 50.04.. Mostly 150.4s @ 94 108.. Can not figure this combo out

Back