SNAIL Time Trial Events

Dragonwhisky

Premium
United States
the land of green, hills, rocks & whiskey
Dragonwhisky

This thread is for updates and information pertaining to SNAIL Time Trial Events.

Other SNAIL series organizers are welcome to post their information regarding TT events for their respective series here.

How to complete a Club Time Trial Event.

1. Go to Community,
  2. Click the Club you want
  3. Click the Club events
  4. Click the event you want to run
  5. Click the Sign up button
  6. Click Rooms
  7. If no rooms are open, or you want to make your own, click Create Room
  8. Make your selections from what's available
  9. Click Create Room again.
  10. When you're ready, click the black & white start race flag and drive around until the timer expires and let the game take you back to the room lobby.

Your best time will be registered on the club events page and, if it was a SNAIL [Spec] Racing club event, will be recorded in our spreadsheets for that purpose.

Last edited:
Alright, lets get this party started.

TimeTrialBadge.png
tt2-2015-08-09-png.424912

TimeTrialBadge.png
tt2-2015-08-02-png.424911

TimeTrialBadge.png
tt3-2015-08-02-png.424910

Brag all you like folks. Poke fun at each other, but, play nice. Same rules apply here that apply in the main SNAIL Thread. Please keep discussion, comments and remarks to the topic at hand however.

Thank you.

@turnupdaheat should be adding in updates as often as he can. Please contact him if you would like to help with this effort.

Thanks for that @Dragonwhisky! I will be endeavouring to update the leaderboards on a daily basis. Usually in the morning my time when most are tucked up in bed, bar the odd few of you who share my nocturnal racing habits!

I'm sure most of you are familiar with them but, for those that are not, the TTs are a great facility for getting in some practice with the added competitive edge of, unlike a regular lobby, setting down times which will appear on the leaderboards. So go ahead and see if you can post the overall fastest time or perhaps the fastest time for your division. Maybe you'll just derive some pleasure from beating a time posted by a driver in a Division above you!

Either way, once the combos have been chosen @Dragonwhisky and myself will work to set everything up quickly and once our initial work is done the beauty of them is that all the settings are there in place for you from the get go so simply hop in to the correct car and drive away!

So go to it guys. Keep me busy! :)

A note to Sunday night hosts. The TT's may be a good way to get a base line set up "saved" for Sunday. All the room restrictions should already be correct for that combo. You will need to change the Penalties to Off and a few other things, but, the baseline will be there for everything in the last 2 sections of the room creation interface.

The following Time Trial events have been closed;
  • Time Trial-Combo 1, 2015-07-26
  • Time Trial-Combo 2, 2015-07-26
All times have been updated and are shown below.
TT1-2015-07-26.PNG

TT2-2015-07-26.PNG

The current Combo Time Trials have been updated.
TT1-2015-08-09.PNG

TT2-2015-08-09.PNG

TT3-2015-08-09.PNG

And last week's as well.
TT2-2015-08-02.PNG

TT3-2015-08-02.PNG

Click the banner at the top to see all recorded Time Trial rankings. Tabs for each are at the bottom.

Hi gents,

I wonder if I could join the Snail ranks just for the purpose of entering your TT events as and when they appear on your GT6 page.

Is there a 'Euro' timezone section of the club, or equivalent, as I can't stay up until the early hours of Monday mornings to race with the US timezones (as much as I'd like to) - I did enquire about joining earlier on in the year.

Thanks.

Hi gents,

I wonder if I could join the Snail ranks just for the purpose of entering your TT events as and when they appear on your GT6 page.

Is there a 'Euro' timezone section of the club, or equivalent, as I can't stay up until the early hours of Monday mornings to race with the US timezones (as much as I'd like to) - I did enquire about joining earlier on in the year.

Thanks.
Yes. Yes you can. We do have a special requirement or two for TT only club members. Shoot me a pm and I'll get you started.

The following Time Trial events have been closed;
  • Time Trial-Round 1, 2015-08-09
    TT1-2015-08-09.PNG
  • Time Trial-Round 2, 2015-08-09
    TT2-2015-08-09.PNG
All times have been updated and are shown below.

All recorded event times can be found here.

View media item 2534The new combo Practice Time Trial events are now live.

The Leader Boards can be found here.

All previous TT Leader Boards can be viewed by selecting the appropriate tab at the bottom.

Please be advised...the Time Trial Events are back!

For now we have the Supra GT500 at Nurburgring GP/F, and an old friend of SNAIL came back to help me test it out.

(As soon as we know the other combos for this week I will get them up as well.)

We have some exciting ideas for the Time Trial Rankings, more info to follow...

Please be advised...the Time Trial Events are back!

For now we have the Supra GT500 at Nurburgring GP/F, and an old friend of SNAIL came back to help me test it out.

(As soon as we know the other combos for this week I will get them up as well.)

We have some exciting ideas for the Time Trial Rankings, more info to follow...
upload_2015-10-21_18-51-38.jpeg

Time Trial Championship

Rules for First Month - November 2015

1. Events will run alongside current combos, expiring on Tuesday night at midnight Eastern time. (This is so that old combos will not detract from practice on active combos.)
2. If a combo is kept, the deadline is extended until it is dropped.
3. When a TT closes, points are issued based on overall ranking - 20 for 1st place, 1 for 20th place. All participants will receive a minimum of 1 point. (This is subject to change. While I would rather not make any change mid-season, if necessary, we may change the scoring scale based on participation of each event.)
4. Results will show overall rankings (Left column in spreadsheet) as well as showing results sorted by division (right column), allowing people to compete both across divisions and within their own division.
5. Any active events at month end will be scored as of the Tuesday deadline, entries after Tues midnight will only count for the following season.
NOTE: Rules and Policies may be changed for future seasons.

View media item 2534

FINAL STANDINGS

ONGOING COMBO

Entries in this combo have been extended another week

Click the banner at the top, or this link, to see all recorded Time Trial rankings. Tabs for each are at the bottom.

View media item 2534

FINAL STANDINGS
2015-11-08 TT1.png
2015-11-08 TT2.png

ONGOING COMBO

2015-11-08 TT3pt1.png

2015-11-08 TT3pt2.png

MONTHLY RANKINGS
Snapshot before new combos added

2015-11-08-MRpt1.png
2015-11-08-MRpt2.png

Click the banner at the top, or this link, to see all recorded Time Trial rankings. Tabs for each are at the bottom.

View media item 2534

FINAL STANDINGS
2015-11-22 TT1-pt1.png
2015-11-22 TT1-pt2.png

2015-11-22 TT3.png

ONGOING COMBO

2015-11-22 TT2 pt1.png
2015-11-22 TT2 pt2.png

MONTHLY RANKINGS
Snapshot before new combos added

2015-11-Final- ChampStandings pt1.png
2015-11-Final-ChampStandings pt2.png

Attachments

• 2015-11-22 ChampFinalStandings pt1.png
    2015-11-22 ChampFinalStandings pt1.png
    15 KB · Views: 45
  • 2015-11-22 ChampFinalStandings pt2.png
    2015-11-22 ChampFinalStandings pt2.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Back