So, After 2 Months Of Hard Gran Turismo Gameplay...

  • Thread starter Thread starter dabest2500
  • 69 comments
  • 6,650 views

Would you continue playing GT5 if all your saves were deleted?

  • Yes

    Votes: 234 77.5%
  • No

    Votes: 68 22.5%

  • Total voters
    302
Messages
3,490
Messages
dabest2500
After 2 months of every hard at work at their GT5 careers, would you still continue playing GT5 if ALL your saves were deleted, including backed up ones?

I definitely would, GT5 is an awesome game, even after 2 months of hard work gone, I would be furious, but would still play with the knowledge that I am now a better driver than 2 months ago.

If you decide not to continue playing, what would you do instead?
 
I would happily race all the races again if i had to
Even buy all my cars again
but i'd want to keep the tunes i'v worked on
 
I would happily race all the races again if i had to
Even buy all my cars again
but i'd want to keep the tunes i'v worked on

You could write them down?
 
Id start again. But id have friends send me cars.
 
I'd probably take a break, but get back into it after a while. But I'm like that with anything that requires time and effort. If somehow I lose the work I've put into it, I'm loathe to re-do it immediately.
 
If I was to loose all of my saves I would still play.
I have the disc that I payed for, so why not...
 
I make copy my saves every day, so....no I'll not start the game from beginning again ;)
 
I would start again, but not straight away. If I did have to restart the game (If something happens to the data i've backed up), I'd ask someone to let me borrow some cars that can be used for the Seasonal Events.
 
I would do what I did in Fifa 10, take a break for like 1 month, then get back into it.
 
I take a picture of my suspension set ups with my camera and then save them on my computer, im paranoid and its easier to send them to my brother that way so he can duplicate my work.
 
Most of my time is spent tuning cars and racing them online now, so absolutely. I wouldn't mind starting over at all. I don't even use really expensive cars all that much anymore as it is. The best online racing involves cars in the 300-500hp range, IMO. The race modded cars are also some of the very best on the game, and affordable. You can do a lot on this game with just 1,000,000 credits.
 
I've started the game again on a second account, just sent one car over to compete in the top seasonal race to help me get going. Took me 3 hours to hit level 22 and 4m cr from scratch :).

So wouldn't really bother me that much to start all over again.
 
Luckily I make regular backups of my save game so it wouldn't be an issue. At worst I would loose 3-4 days of racing.

But for the given example absolutely I would start again. I can spend hours just enjoying the driving in GT5 so starting again would be no issue.
 
Absolutely. I have a friend that would hook me up with the seasonal event cars. That would be easy money/xp.
 
I back up every 2 days and have 3 copies of each.. I know... overkill but better safe than sorry.

Had I lost everything I would just do the special/seasonal events and build drift cars.... nothing else.
 
Yeah, driving in GT5 is really fun, especially when you have a wheel.
I would be pretty angry that Id have to Gold the Licenses and Special events again, but hey, the Licenses and Special events helped me improve.
You can always have fun in GT5, at level 35, you don't have to grind to get to 40, you can just take it easy.
Before you know it, you'll have finished GT5 and run out of things to do.
 
I'm secretly praying my save gets deleted so I have an excuse to leave it once and for all.

How do I tell my missus that I'm starting to hate the game I talked about non-stop for 5 years and spent £130 on? She could've filled the house with scatter cushions and candles for that money...
 
I'm secretly praying my save gets deleted so I have an excuse to leave it once and for all.

How do I tell my missus that I'm starting to hate the game I talked about non-stop for 5 years and spent £130 on? She could've filled the house with scatter cushions and candles for that money...

I've already openly admitted that to my friends and family.
 
She's a psycho though :nervous:
 
If I had to start from scratch, I'd be severely p*ssed. I'd probably take a few days off GT5 but I would definitely go back to it.

Having said that, I regularly backup my save, and I've also got two separate accounts going. It took me about two hours playing seasonal events to get to level 24, so 'catching up' won't take nearly as long as you might think. What would really annoy me is having to build up my car collection and the hours upon hours it would getting B-spec up to where I can do the endurance races - no shortcuts there.
 
Yeah I would play again no problem. The game is just fun to play, so there wouldn't be any problem on my end with playing through it again. Some of the races would be boring in A-Spec but I'd get over it pretty quick once I bought my Shelby again or got enough to by the HKS or whatever.

Game is just fun, I'll be playing for a long .. long time.
 
Yeah, I'd play it again, but with all the duping and exploits.
 
With the seasonal events, you dont really need to play the game anymore. Just do specials/seasonal to unlock everything in the game. For instance the only races I've done on my 2nd account is Season Bonus Races 2 and 3 and am lvl 22 with like 3M Cr.

I've thought about starting over again once I do get a wheel though. But will not play it as much as I did before though.
 
In order for this to happen, something catastrophic would need to happen to my house. That being the case, I would have a lot bigger things to worry about than playing Gran Turismo 5.
 
I would sell this game and start playing F12010 again I just hate it to start from scratch again before beating the game (this only affects huge games like GT5).
 
Yes. I bought a sim rig (sim-seats SR2 Platinum) to go with my G25.. It was like $400.. I'm going to be playing for a while. I could go back to F1 2010 or a number of PC sims too though.
 
Back