So, After 2 Months Of Hard Gran Turismo Gameplay...

  • Thread starter Thread starter dabest2500
  • 69 comments
  • 6,650 views

Would you continue playing GT5 if all your saves were deleted?

  • Yes

    Votes: 234 77.5%
  • No

    Votes: 68 22.5%

  • Total voters
    302
I'd retry only because of duping and seasonals. A-Spec definitely hasn't grown on me, and never will, unless there are massive updates. The online is worth playing, I just wish you could go straight to it.
 
I'm secretly praying my save gets deleted so I have an excuse to leave it once and for all.

How do I tell my missus that I'm starting to hate the game I talked about non-stop for 5 years and spent £130 on? She could've filled the house with scatter cushions and candles for that money...




Man, how can you hate this game? I've had nothing but fun the past couple of days simply spending about 4,000,000 cr. on used street cars in the lot to race online at 300-450hp. I love painting the cars just the right color for their personality and setting them up with great tunes. I can spend hours just tuning a car and enjoy every second of it. I'd suggest that you find some cool cats to hook up with and race online. Plus, if I had more time I'd be completely involved in some of the online tournaments and series that people set up around here. There's some great racing going on out there.
 
I would start over- albeit reluctantly. I over-hyped and sold too many co-workers on picking it up so we could run a weekly league online to ditch it. If not for them and online racing, I'd be out.

You can keep the rest.
 
I'm keeping 2 backup saves just in case. 1 for everyday backup and 1 for once a week back up. But if something happens and I lose both, I'd gladly start again (same thing happened with GT4)
 
I already lost all my stuff once, so I've done it. It wasn't two months of game play, but I was pretty far in and had to start over. From all the YLOD threads It seems a lot of people have done it too.
 
Nope. In fact, i'm not even playing with all my saves (20m + ~500 cars save, 15m+ ~200 cars save and a few more), just starting the game from time to time and trading for different X1s/Furais. A-spec done (except long enduros) and even almost done on 2nd save, b-spec are crap, online is not interesting for me... nothing to do there anymore.
And i've restarted playing to GT3 and GT4 by own free will at least 2 times each.
 
After 2 months of every hard at work at their GT5 careers, would you still continue playing GT5 if ALL your saves were deleted, including backed up ones?

I definitely would, GT5 is an awesome game, even after 2 months of hard work gone, I would be furious, but would still play with the knowledge that I am now a better driver than 2 months ago.

If you decide not to continue playing, what would you do instead?

I actually created a second account to buy the OCD cars and gift them to my main account. It was easy, I just sent my 2nd account 1 car for the seasonal race. With the prize money got another one to do another seasonal race etc. 2nd account is now level 23 with only 5 or 6 wins :lol: and about 3.5 mil cr. So yeah, starting from scratch again is pretty easy thanks to those seasonal races :D
 
I would be extremely pissed that I lost my b-spec stuff... bspec is a ****ing chore.

but I honestly dont care if I lose all my aspec stuff... I've been kind of wanting to "start fresh" for a while now, but I dont want to waste time on the bspec stuff.
 
How do I tell my missus that I'm starting to hate the game I talked about non-stop for 5 years and spent £130 on?

That's piddly money. Most of us have spent $1000's waiting for this game:

Sony Bravia HD TV
HD reciever
5.1 Speaker system
Playstation 3 (only game owned is GT5)
Logitech G27 wheel
Playseat

and not to mention the (very cheap in comparison) game for $130
 
I would restart even though i'd be annoyed. I know i'd be better though, i'd get through some of the challenges quicker with gold than before too. :)
 
I was up to level 23 before my PS3 YLOD'd and I lost all my progress. Once I got a new PS3 slim I started again and I think I am back to around 21/22. The new seasonal events make getting cash and experience easy and as such I started to go that route and have neglected revisiting a lot of the events, licenses and races that I previously did (especially if they were tedious and not rewarding like the Top Gear ones, etc.). I can't say that I would restart again if I lost my saves a second time and in fact I just spent the whole weekend racing but it was going back to F1 2010 and not GT5. Hopefully there will be a patch that will get me more interested in GT5 again soon.
 
I would never touch it again. And that is all because of B-Spec, i would have to do it but i wouldn't enjoy a second of it so i would just quit.
On the other hand i could just dupe cars from my friends and i could keep on racing online, but definately wouldn't start leveling up (grinding) again.
 
I would go back to playing tdu on the computer until tdu 2 comes out and because i backed up yesterday afternoon i will play it only weekly to do the seasonals cause i'm playing b spec cause i want all the cars, and considering i spent $350 cause i got the signature edition i think i wasted that money, cause the game is only okay
 
I played it for a month on my bro's machine. Got a good amount done. Then I got my machine back and started agai. It did do my nut in but it was ok. Just used different cars and tuned them less second time round
 
Sure would. I'd almost be glad to. And in realizing this maybe I'll go back and revisit some of the slower cars/events. Best of both worlds.
 
Yes.. Been there. My PS3 HDD crash when I already on level 23 A-Spec, 20 B-Spec (No online event that time). Play from start again & now level 27 A-Spec & 25 B-Spec. (only when on level 16, PD introduced Online Event.)
 
Last edited:
I would definitely start over.
Actually it would probably get me play it even more as I have cooled slightly to GT5 over the last week.
I even played another game for few hours!:eek:
 
Most of my time is spent tuning cars and racing them online now, so absolutely. I wouldn't mind starting over at all. I don't even use really expensive cars all that much anymore as it is. The best online racing involves cars in the 300-500hp range, IMO. The race modded cars are also some of the very best on the game, and affordable. You can do a lot on this game with just 1,000,000 credits.

I agree with this 👍
Also those kind of races, is what I love doing.
Mind If I add you on PSN even though I suck?

Ok on topic,
hmmmm yea I really wouldnt mind, but It would leave me gaps to when to play GT5 again.
 
Probably not to the degree that I once had. I will visit here and there. New DLC and patches will bring me back faster though. On my PS2, I lost my GT4 game info and I ceased playing. 4 years worth of playing gone in seconds. But LBP2 just released so my time would go there.
 
No, I only really play this game because my friends play it, I got bored a while ago...
 
I actually created a second account to buy the OCD cars and gift them to my main account. It was easy, I just sent my 2nd account 1 car for the seasonal race. With the prize money got another one to do another seasonal race etc. 2nd account is now level 23 with only 5 or 6 wins :lol: and about 3.5 mil cr. So yeah, starting from scratch again is pretty easy thanks to those seasonal races :D

Did you read my mind? I just started a second account, gifted myself a Schwimwagen and started doing seasonals. I'm using that account to get certain cars from the UCD because I can't be bothered to wait for them to cycle back around on my main account.

Looking at getting the Alpine and a few other classic nuggets this way.

If I lost all my data... well, I WILL start over, but there are only a few A-Spec events in the main game that tickle my fancy. The races I really want, the Schwimwagen, the Samba Race, etcetera, are all one-offs... Seasonals and Special Events. If we could have even more "Special Events" in the main game, it'd feel a bit more special...

Still... that's how I played GT4. Blitz through A-Spec, then grind for money and go testing, testing, testing, testing, testing... That kept me interested in that game for over a year... then again a second time for another eight months after a half-year's hiatus. With the better graphics, physics and upgradeability of GT5, I should stay entertained for another two or three years, at the least.
 
I've started the game again on a second account, just sent one car over to compete in the top seasonal race to help me get going. Took me 3 hours to hit level 22 and 4m cr from scratch :).

So wouldn't really bother me that much to start all over again.

Nice,I've done the same thing aswell.
I've put a copy on PC just so i don't lose everything I've done.
 
My save file got corrupted last week....I felt I could cry.

I was level 31/21, had over 250 cars and apart from a few, I had completed all licences and special events in Gold.

Losing all the cars, credits, xp etc wasn't the worst...the fact that I have to complete all those special events and licences again really bums me out.

Going through Aspec is a breeze now, I almost completed every race in a little more than a weeks time. However, getting gold on everything again is a task I'm not willing to undertake.

Luckily the seasonal events give some nice xp, so I'm back at 27 right now...Bspec is still only level 4 though.


But to anwser your question: If my save didn't get corrupted I'd say, no, I would not start over. But now that it actually happend, yes I will start over, just because it's so much fun to drive.
 
Back