So all that GT4 Does Pay off..

• Thread starter d3p0
  • 48 comments
Taka currently has a fully built hasselgren engine making at least 180hp to the wheels... i'd imagine he's past 200. not much torque, though, and these engines aren't built to last. They require rebuilds every 1000-2000 miles at the most.

oh, and drifting in GT4 isn't much like drifting in real life... otherwise, i wouldn't be the world's worst GT4 player. ...in the world.

Hey I was wondering if I wanted to get started in drifting where should I go. I think that I should practice before just showing up at an event and not knowing what I am really doing.

take it to the track. there are SEVERAL more experienced drivers that would be willing to show you the ropes. you just need to ask. have them ride along with you, or even spend a day or 2 with you teaching you the basics. i dont recommend street drifting, but if you must do it, make sure it is in the middle of nowhere. you dont want to get a ticket, or even worse arrested for doing some ****ty low speed drifting in a parking lot. and save up your money for tires, tires and tires. and be sure to give your car a tune up before you start beating on it. mainly oil change/filters. also learn to work on your own car. because you will break stuff, and if you have to take it to a shop every time you break it that could get very expensive.

True dat
I work at a shop in Lake Elmo and we try and charge are local drift team less for repairs cause they represent pretty much all of Stillwater and cause they brake there cars a lot..
Haha
Dumb a**es..
Haha

Taka has ITB's on his 4AG. He can't be making more than 160-170 whp.

Speed is important, but not as important as line and angle. And + they give Taka MAJOR extra kudo's for driving an underpowered car. Hell, look at the 5 one more times he did with Sam in the Viper in 2005 at ATL. Sam's runs were more impressive looking with better speed, better angle, and A LOT more smoke, but Taka did so good for what he's got that they couldn't decide, hell, I was rooting him on, he killed it out thier for having such a low powered car.

HOLY S***!!!! He's the guy who did that!!!?!??! OMGOMGOMG ZOMG AUTOGRAPH!!! Man, Taka you're awsome! I was rooting for you on that too! It was really nice runs!! :crazy:

Well my dad is a master mechanic and I have been working on cars ever scene I was 12, so I know my stuff and thats not a problem the only problem is finding a track that will have drifting events, the place that D1 holds the event up here they have a full schedule (mostly NASCAR :yuck: and figure 8 :yuck: ) HERE is one link and HERE is the other, those are the only two tracks that I know of in my area, so if anyone else lives in the seattle area and knows of a track other than those two please let me know. Hell D1 only came here last year for the first time. Whats is funny tho is I thought I wanted to get a 240 and do the sr20det swap and have that as a drift car but the other day I saw an AE86 and DAMN! I see it every day as I walk to school (A pizza delivery guy owns it) I wanted to go in the the place ask to talk to the driver and ask how much he would want for it even tho I am broke :crazy:. But I think that I'll just stick with the car that I wanted first (the 240) or if any of you know if one is better let me know, it would be a great help :)

Whats is funny tho is I thought I wanted to get a 240 and do the sr20det swap and have that as a drift car but the other day I saw an AE86 and DAMN! I see it every day as I walk to school (A pizza delivery guy owns it)
Almost like Takumi.
Sorry for this OT ;)

I would love an FC or an FD but I'm 17 think how much insurance would be because they are considered to be a "sports car" and well face it they see me as a statistic and a big liability no matter what I drive *bastards*

fd3s for cheaper than an 86? that would be almost impossible. 86 go for like 6K max for a stock gts. it would be one hell of a deal if you could find a fd for that. even if he did get a fd for cheap, it would cost out the ass to maintain it/rebuild engine every other year if hes going to beat on it.
ive always loved fc's though. body lines are hot. and its cheap and turboed. and rotary.

theres a local guy who has like 3 Z31's and drifts too. rode with him a few times, and i can say, i hate the passanger side on the z31. too cramped for my tastes. not sure how it is on the driver side, but if its the same i would hate it.
but also z31's are 2 seaters(if i remember right) and that would make insurance a little high also. and id feel sorry for him if he got turbo model, insurance would be through the roof.
just my input on these matters.

theres a local guy who has like 3 Z31's and drifts too. rode with him a few times, and i can say, i hate the passanger side on the z31. too cramped for my tastes. not sure how it is on the driver side, but if its the same i would hate it.
but also z31's are 2 seaters(if i remember right) and that would make insurance a little high also. and id feel sorry for him if he got turbo model, insurance would be through the roof.
just my input on these matters.

I was talking to Shadow Drifter bout starting cars for me,so I mentioned the 240sx then he says it is a good starting car but its getting old so he mentioned the Z31. but eh it was a suggestion.

I was talking to Shadow Drifter bout starting cars for me,so I mentioned the 240sx then he says it is a good starting car but its getting old so he mentioned the Z31. but eh it was a suggestion.

what? thats like backward. z31 is 84-89. 240 is 89-98. maybe he was talking about z32? that would be super expensive for a first car. esp if its turbo.
plus, id rather wreck an old car rather than a newer car. less costly to repair or replace.

what? thats like backward. z31 is 84-89. 240 is 89-98. maybe he was talking about z32? that would be super expensive for a first car. esp if its turbo.
plus, id rather wreck an old car rather than a newer car. less costly to repair or replace.
Not really but wouldn't the Z32 be heavier, I need to find that video again. Well who knows, do you know if there is a RWD Celica? Because I found a ad that said RWD, but I always though it was FWD or AWD.

Not really but wouldn't the Z32 be heavier, I need to find that video again. Well who knows, do you know if there is a RWD Celica? Because I found a ad that said RWD, but I always though it was FWD or AWD.

not really what?
eh, both are heavy pigs imo. 3100 lbs for z31 and 3400 lbs for z32. quite a fatty.
RWD celica, yeah. not sure which models, but i know the first gen celicas are rwd. and there are AWD celicas, but i dont think they were sold in the usa. if they were they werent turboed.

Dude that is really tight, and I have a question..
Is drifting in GT4 really that close to drifting in real life?

When I play GT4 I'm mostly using my imagination to pretend like GT4 is real life and in that way it helps me practice. So the short answer is no but, it really depends on what you make of the game.

Hey I was wondering if I wanted to get started in drifting where should I go. I think that I should practice before just showing up at an event and not knowing what I am really doing.

Check the listings on www.driftsafe.org and if you don't see something in your area (Seattle?) try www.northwestnissans.com. If you look around you should be able to find -something- in any area.

Thanks d3p0 I'll be sure to take a look on those sites, part of the problem I think is the fact that the D1GP came to Seattle for the first time last year and the people here haven't asked about open track events for drifting enough. I think that I might just have to go to Vancouver B.C. to find something besides I will be going there for my 18th birthday :mischievous:......... anyway I think that if the NASCAR track that they want to built up here is actually put into effect that it might have a great impact on the drifting scene here

take it to the track. there are SEVERAL more experienced drivers that would be willing to show you the ropes. you just need to ask. have them ride along with you, or even spend a day or 2 with you teaching you the basics. i dont recommend street drifting, but if you must do it, make sure it is in the middle of nowhere. you dont want to get a ticket, or even worse arrested for doing some ****ty low speed drifting in a parking lot. and save up your money for tires, tires and tires. and be sure to give your car a tune up before you start beating on it. mainly oil change/filters. also learn to work on your own car. because you will break stuff, and if you have to take it to a shop every time you break it that could get very expensive.

He should change brake fluid and brake pads.

Latest Posts

Back